Golden: Book One - [Updated 8th July 2023]

I know it’s a bit spoiler-y but… can we know what species the ROs are? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, K and B already have hints, P too though it’s more subtle. A, now, that’s anybody’s guess.

2 Likes

A is god/goddess, K is a vampire, B is
a werewolf, and P is a witch/wizard.

12 Likes

I like what I have read so far, so booking marking this, question has the MC always got on with their mother? Or is that spoiler territory.

I’m glad you like it! The MC has a better relationship with their mother because Melissa was around during their childhood - so I’d say that the MC has always gotten on relatively well with Melissa :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just played the demo, I’m very intrigued but wtf is wrong with Dennis?

He reminds me of a professor from college who shouldn’t have been teaching.

3 Likes

Glad the demo interested you! Yes, more about Dennis get revealed in the story but professors like that really shouldn’t teach at all :joy:

4 Likes

Read the demo and gotta say I love it, favorite has gotta be Phoebe love the fact that she is on the taller side. Can’t wait to see more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Consider me on board, though I will say in chapter one most of the options starting out seem to give you points to Sincere no matter what (I tend to play walking sarcasm machines) and any other choice makes you snobbish- my mc may be sarcastic but he’s not that much of a prick :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! And I’m glad you’re a fan of Phoebe being taller, it was something I really wanted to include in the story :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you for reading the demo. And yes, I get what you mean - this is my first IF game so this is all very new to me.
I’ve already started chapter three and I’ve included a lot more choices and made sure most of them either increase or decrease only one stat.

On the last demo release/full book release, the first chapters in the demo will be reworked completely :blush:

10 Likes

I know this may be inconsequential but could we have options like engineering, computer science and more stem choices for our degrees

3 Likes

Hi. I think I’m pretty set on the degree choices but I’ll review them when I rewrite the prologue and first two chapters and see if anything can be added :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this one!!

1 Like

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the first demo and thank you for reading it!

1 Like

Really enjoyed the demo.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed it

3 Likes

You got a really solid foundation and story here. The characters are believable and I can immerse myself into the story without any problems. I love how the four love interests are different supernaturals since my only criticism with Wayhaven was that all the love interests were vampires.

I’m a bit confused about Jordan, though.

You’ve written Jordan with the possibility that she’s your ex, which also gives the player the opportunity to set their sexual orientation. I really like that from a gameplay perspective.

From a story perspective, however, you’ve written an incredibly romantic piece that shows how the MC and Jordan first got together complete with choices, but then only tell us that the relationship ultimately didn’t work out, so you may have an unintentional Chekhov’s gun on your hands.

As a reader, that just tells me the previous relationship is foreshadowing something important because why else would you go into all that detail to describe the beginning of the relationship but not the end? But Jordan doesn’t even have a relationship meter in the stats section, so I’m not sure if she’s going to be killed off or if she still has feelings for the MC and is secretly a 5th love interest.

Now, granted, we have no idea what you’re planning, but that part did jump out at me as a little odd given what is currently in the demo.

That said, you’ve done a fantastic job so far. Keep up the good work!

6 Likes

Thank you for such lovely and detailed feedback! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the demo so far.

In terms of your thoughts on the relationship mentioned with Jordan, I have quite a few ideas planned so that’s why I went into detail :blush:

11 Likes

Now I’m wondering what these plan for Jordan are cause if one of them involves her being a secret RO then a supernatural has some really strong competition

1 Like