Golden: Book One - [Updated 8th July 2023]

So a little while ago I found this on dashingdon (before I was a forum member and stuff) and it stuck with me, all I wanted was to read more! And here we are! You have answered my prayers! Good luck with writing and your studies :heart:

2 Likes

Aw, thank you so much for your kind words, and for giving Golden a try. I can’t wait to release the new demo for you to read, I hope you’ll find it even more enjoyable! :heart:

5 Likes

Remy wants a word with you. And your OCs. Mine ALL do, but Remy’s the…blatant one. :unamused:

Remy slides into the room, eyeing MistyLeaf with unbridled glee.

Remy, be nice… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

@milaswriting I thank you for such a lovely story.

I just want to let you know that I’m definitely in.

Remy is too…she can’t wait to meet the ROs and fu-

Remy nods & gestures for me to continue with a wicked smile. :smiling_imp:

…uh, FLIRT with them. :unamused:

I’m so sorry, my OCs are a…handful to deal with… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Pandaren
Pfft :joy: they’d make great friends

My main OCs are Misty(f) and Valentine(m)- both charming, both jerks, both shameless flirts

1 Like

I wonder what is the difference between a witch/warlock like P and a (not really) ordinary human like the MC? Are witches not human in this setting? And if they are human then why is the MC being magical such a big deal? Are we the Anti-Christ or something :D?

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I can’t wait to see how your characters develop, aha! :grin:

2 Likes

I got Riese, Rayvn and…well, Remy. :roll_eyes:

Remy flips me the bird while grinning at MistyLeaf’s OCs.

All ladies. All bi. All perverted horndogs. :confounded:

Riese saunters into the room, wine in hand, smiles at V, and quirks an eyebrow at me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What, Riese, do you want me to lie? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

They’re elated to meet you & your OCs. And they would all value your friendship.

Remy winks and moves forward to kiss MistyLeaf’s hand.

FRIENDSHIP, REMY!!! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Without being too spoilery, the MC isn’t magical at all, they just have abilities and a mark that no supernatural has recalled a human having for a long while.
The difference between the MC and P is that P’s an actual supernatural, the MC just has supernatural like abilities .

9 Likes

Mini Golden Progress Update - 30th May 2021

This update is extremely short but:

I can officially scream because we’re over 91,000 words and chapter 4 is finished! :partying_face: - not long until the new demo update now.

Hope you’ve all been having an amazing day! :yellow_heart:

Current word count: 91,915 (without code)
Average play through word count: 30,153

46 Likes

Yay congrats! :+1:

Ah, is this an update that’s actually uploaded and playable, ot is it only in your working files? So I know if it’s time to replay :rofl:

5 Likes

Ah, I should’ve made it more clear, sorry :joy: it’s not uploaded yet.

11 Likes

Golden Progress Update - 6th June 2021

Hello! It’s after 10pm here, so this is a super late progress update from me - but the second most exciting one - (I’ve literally been working on this allll day)!!!

The second demo is done!! From my end, anyway. With over 60,000 words added to the current demo, and 99,412 words overall (absolutely bummed I didn’t get to 100,000) - the demo will be sent off to the chosen beta readers tomorrow after I complete my last uni exam.

The more I read over the demo, the more I… dislike it. But, I have been reading/writing the same words for the past 6 months, so imposter syndrome was bound to kick in at some point.

Thanks for your support and here’s to demo two of Golden being released in a few days time!

41 Likes

Oh wow, that’s thrilling news!

4 Likes

:smiley: I am so excited for the full game and will keep following the demo and updates.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I truly hope the update is an enjoyable read when it comes out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Mini Golden Progress Update - 7th June 2021

A huge thanks to all the beta readers that applied to test Golden, it really means so much to me! I’ve emailed back everyone who applied, so they have the link to the demo. I’m done with university for the year (which isn’t really news considering I’ve been counting down the days!), so I’ll have a lot of free time to make the changes the readers suggest.

Everything is going super smoothly at the moment, so, fingers crossed the beta readers enjoy the new update.

Have a great day.

40 Likes

A4E52BE2-DAD3-429B-8CB5-82E678E513F9_4_5005_c

Six months and 66,290 extra words later (gosh, it really took that long!), here’s the updated demo of Golden: Book One!

~

Synopsis of the update.

The relationship with your parents, a robbery, the press, and the mention of an old friend… or old foe… or old flame. The big city really has it all planned out for you; throw four supernaturals into the mix, well; maybe a degree won’t be the only thing on your mind.

The link to the demo is in the original post above!

~

Stats.

Total word count: 111,091

Total word count without code: 100,008

Average playthrough: 31,380

~

Extra notes.

This is a new link to the demo, so, everything is brand new - your old saves won’t be there. But, with the amount of reworking I did throughout the whole demo, I would’ve recommended playing from the beginning, anyway.

~

A lot of hard work has gone into this story nonstop over the past six months, so I hope this is an enjoyable read for you all - tell me what you think! Your opinions are really appreciated. Take care and have a brilliant week <3.

64 Likes

Finally! after half a year of waiting it’s finally here and here i thought this game is already RIP my bad and thank goodness i was wrong. I hate to see a good game come and go and be forgotten after all it’s quite common. Left unfinished and buried somewhere in the archives.

Nope, this IF is very much alive! I’m a university student, so, of course the majority of my time goes towards my studies - and it does take a while to write almost 70,000 words :smiley:

28 Likes