Golden: Book One - [Updated 8th July 2023]

@milaswriting

Remy has been looking for someo- I mean SOMETHING to sink her teeth into…

Remy lounges on the couch, smirking at the premise & progression of the story. :smiling_imp:

Remy, stop being greedy. AND QUIT THE THIRST. :unamused:

Remy raises an eyebrow at me & chuckles behind her cocktail. :smirk:

ANYWAY…

I’m happy that you’re growing in your development so far this past year, and I hope that you achieve all the goals you set out to do. Because you’re damn good at what you do. :relieved:

2 Likes

I can’t wait or character’s reaction of knowing that he or she might be put on The Hit List

Thank you so much for these lovely compliments! They really do make writing worthwhile :blush:

6 Likes

secretly plays demo the entire time im at work

I may have almost died from my boss 3 times but it was worth it :triumph:

I officially love this demo and all the characters in it (well liv is still under investigation but they might be cool if they don’t stab me lol)

7 Likes

Melissa straight up hurt my feelings/ignited my annoyance about getting mad at me for the reporter tho lol

Like what do you want me to do lady damned if if you do damned if you don’t :sob:

6 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed the demo for this. I didn’t see any major problems, only some minor stuff that could be improved. Firstly, I was wondering if you could add an option to romance Tristan, since they’re a character who wants to connect with you and you’re given the option to talk to, but there’s no flirting options. Secondly, please use the “saunter” less. When I see the word, it implies that the characters are carefree and relaxed, so I can understand it for certain scenes or for certain characters, but it just seems to replace the word “walk” at times when it’s unnecessary.

It’s a really good story tho! I’m looking forward to the final product

I’m super happy that you enjoyed reading through it!

Tristen will not be added as a romance option. The MC won’t get options to flirt with every character they talk to. The only option you do get is to have him as an ex, and the reader/MC gets the choice as to whether their relationship ended on good terms or bad ones.

There are only four ROs in-game (highlighted in the FAQ post in the original post at the top) which are A, B, K and P, and it’ll be staying like that.

I will take this on board and try to do so!

6 Likes

I actually didn’t notice an overabundance of saunters, though that might be because I got inured to that sort of stuff playing Wayhaven, where every other sentence someone says is “barked”.

On the upside, you’ve written people that people want to get on with. :laughing:

But yeah, keep it tight. Otherwise, in three posts you’ll have people clamouring for you to let them date the gargoyle.

1 Like

Gotta love the positives!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

This game is so underated. I am amazed by it, and can’t wait until it’s released. I’m a bit sad that Tristan isn’t an RO. But all is well, Asher can keep me occupied.

1 Like

I mean, mila still has to write a big bunch before it goes on the pipeline. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Give a girl some time.

It’s not like Relics of the Lost Age, where schliemannsghost has already made progress on game 3 and 2 hasn’t BEEN PUBLISHED YET, COG AND I’M NOT BITTER ABOUT BEING DENIED AMAZONIAN SNARK, COG! NOT BITTER AT ALL!

1 Like

Because I like to check these things and overanalyse feedback, in 227,000+ words, I’ve used the word ‘saunter’ 96 times - so not too terrible :sweat_smile:

19 Likes

Cant leave it at 96 , go for 100.

17 Likes

I can’t believe I didn’t reply to this earlier, and if I did, I can’t find it haha - but thank you so much for your lovely comment!

6 Likes

Also don’t think I replied to this comment, and once again, if I have, I can’t find it haha.

If you played my game and it had you hooked whilst at work, then I’m clearly doing something right with my writing (though, I don’t want you to lose your job, I definitely don’t encourage that!)

I am super stoked that you’re enjoying the demo and its characters, thanks so much for giving it a read.

12 Likes

Golden Progress Update - 31st January 2022

I’ve missed out on doing updates for the last 2 or 3 weeks, and it’s because I’ve been in a bit of a writing slump and haven’t done much. I think it’s due to a few reasons, one being imposter syndrome (<- no matter how hard I try, I can’t shake that), the last demo update was the biggest one yet so maybe it took a lot out of me, and I literally use every bit of my free time to work on writing.

I’ve started chapter 9, it’s going to be another plot-based chapter, but the great reaction from the last chapter/demo update gives me a little more confidence that people who follow this story will like it.

There’s still so much drama going on which I love, you’ll get to see the team in a more serious dynamic (more serious than watching a detective die in front of them) and I think it shows that even though they’re friends, nothing’s perfect between them - so you get insight to that.

I’m up to writing the MC’s bits now, more options to decrease stats with the parents and chat to Walter about all this supernatural business.

I think the next demo update will only be chapter 9 depending on how much it adds to the word count, and to the average play through - and because ideas for chapter 10 are non-existent at the moment (I did have all the chapters planned, but plans change as I write sometimes).

Plans:

• Write the chapter 9 dialogue between Melissa, Jared & the MC

Stats:

• Total word count exclud. code: 228,449 (+ 754)

Extra Notes:

• I posted an important romance guide for Golden on my Tumblr, you can find it here → romance guide. I’ll put this guide in the top post too.
38 Likes

I think it says a lot about Blaire that she’s not part of the POSSIBLE poly, and she’s still the one I’m gonna go for in my first playthrough. Bet she’s a hell of a snuggler, though.

Print it and frame it.

HOW DOES THE WORLD DARE?!

:people_hugging:

4 Likes

Going to screenshot this and remind myself that I’m intelligent, haha.

Ohh, yup, a poly route doesn’t suit everyone - it could work for K and P, but not A or B and that’s okay! About a day or two ago, there was a lot of love for B from anons on my blog (after I told them that it seems like B is the least popular RO) - can confirm that B is a brilliant snuggler! Here’s the link to a small drabble I wrote for the werewolf - B drabble.

8 Likes

I never thought about it (Im a P-mancer) but the poly route idea is intriguing :eyes: :sparkling_heart:

Also do not despair! Impostor syndrome is a b- and writing little is better than nothing at all. Baby steps still take you forward. We will still be here to enjoy more of your amazing story! <3

3 Likes

So, love triangle route?