Golden: Book One - [Updated 8th July 2023]

I really like the pacing so far, as well as the plethora of choices which are available, especially in terms of clothing. I can see you got good taste : )

Anyway, I’m really fond of your writing and cannot wait to find out what happens next ! Anyway, until then, there’s plenty of things for me to try out in this demo and I’m definitely going to have to read it through more than once.

Keep up the writing, it’s awesome ! Have a great night !

1 Like

Q,Q this book really good I’m sad the demo ended I love POV so much help you connect to the characters more keep up the awesome work <3

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words! I’m really happy that you’re enjoying the demo so far.

I’m glad you’re a fan of the choice variety as that is something I want to get right with this story.

I hope that you enjoy your multiple read through of the demo!

Ah, changing point of view is super fun, I’m glad you like that. It’s an element of the story that will stick throughout the whole series, and it’s just nice being able to read what the team is thinking.
Glad you’re liking the demo so far!

12 Likes

If Kiana/Kaidan is your favourite then I’m sure you’ll enjoy the choices and dialogue in their chapter 6 scenes.

As I said, it’s probably coming to a point now where readers are beginning to choose who their favourite RO(s) is/are. I think the next demo update will show an insight into the team’s friendship a bit more, but also their individual personalities as your MC gets to spend time with each of them on their own.

21 Likes

Golden Progress Update - 19th September 2021

I really need to stop doing these updates at ridiculous times in the morning, but anyway…

I just finished writing A’s scene in chapter 6! Overall, there are quite a few choices to choose from in terms of how you interact with them. I think their stoic personality is a lot more apparent too.

I’m really trying to emulate the ‘enemies to lovers’ trope as best as I can with A’s route, which is why they come off so harsh. Your MC doesn’t have to hate A for the trope to work because A is a character that has practically made their mind up about the MC already.

There are a lot of flirt scenes too! A’s flirt scenes are extremely different from the other ROs’, so they are always fun to write, just to see their reaction to either bold or shy flirting.

I think A makes it pretty clear about how they currently feel about the MC, especially as the majority of the choices at the end of their scene in this chapter end in a mini argument between them and the MC.

Though this route has been fun to write, my only concern is whether the pacing is right and whether it flows, and just whether people will enjoy it in general — it can be hard to like such a brash character, but this is a slow burn romance/friendship story after all. But, from what I’ve read, it seems okay.

Plans:

Much later in the day, I’ll start the next RO scene in chapter 6. I haven’t had a chance to check the playthrough word count yet, but I’m hoping a lot has been added since the demo was updated a few months ago.

Everything’s still going smoothly and I’m another step closer to the chapter being finished, and another step closer to the next demo coming out.

So, all good.

~

Thank you for reading. Take care.

~

Total word count exclud. code: 131,509 (+ 3,913)

32 Likes

Gah you’re making me excited, as enemies to lovers (especially if the MC doesn’t hate the RO in return) is one of my favorite tropes ever!

I’m sure to enjoy it, from what you said :rofl:
And well, I already love A anyway…

3 Likes

Golden Progress Update - 27th September 2021

I keep saying that I’ll stop posting these updates at untimely hours… Well, I’ve failed at that because it’s 2am — these seem to be the times that I get most of my best writing done.

Either way, another part of chapter 6 is done! B’s scene is complete.

I sound a bit like a broken record when talking about the flirt options but, once again, you’re able to enjoy flirting with B. I think B’s flirt scenes are a mixture of them just being fun, but also genuine — they enjoy flirting with the MC but they’re also beginning to understand the MC and just like the fact that they’re around; they’re a fan of their company — especially as they’ve been against killing the MC from the get-go.

I’ve tried to give a range of flirt options. There’s a particular one at the end that is probably a little more… deep than the others — if your MC is someone who is sure of their feelings as soon as they start to have a crush on someone, then that choice might be for you.

Alongside the flirt options, as a whole, there are a lot of choices in their scene overall. There’s also a chance to lose a friendship point with B, I found that rather intriguing to write — especially as B’s personality is very much, ‘I’m happy if everyone around me is happy’.

You also meet a new character at the end of B’s scene, so that will be cool too. Not to give anything away, but I really enjoyed writing this encounter… the conversation can take a few awkward turns depending on your choices and also with what’s spoken about.

Before starting to write out B’s scene, I checked the average playthrough word count, and if I remember correctly, it was just under 40,000 — so this scene should add a good amount to that.

Plans:

Once again, sleep — and then later in the day, I’ll start the next scene.

I’m very much on track with writing, and the most important thing is that it’s all been very fun for me to do. I’d think that in terms of writing alone, the next demo is about 75% done — so, I really am getting there. Another step closer to it being out into the world.

~

~

Total word count exclud. code: 138,079 (+ 6,570)

54 Likes

Golden Progress Update - 3rd October 2021

A progress update at a normal time means no sleepless nights for me.

What’s even better is that chapter six is finally finished!!

The last RO scene, P’s scene, is done. Chapter six’s ending is done. I did a quicktest and it passed, so lovely stuff.

A brief bit about everything I’ve written. Soo, there are hidden stats that have been added and I also added a key for flirt options so you’ll know which choices will add to an ROs flirt counter and which won’t.

Aha, I’m not sure how much I have to say without giving obvious chapter spoilers away.

I’m hoping you guys will enjoy this next demo update. A lot of work went into it, there’s a bit more customisation, I’ve enjoyed writing it and now I’m pretty drained from it all — I’m just so relieved that it’s finally finished from my end.

The average word count has gone up too, so that’s at a very good amount now.

Plans:

Later today I’ll be making a post about beta readers to test out what I’ve written. The call will be for regular beta readers now as I’ll be making a private Discord for it so all bugs, typos, positive comments etc. can be in one place. Anyone can apply, I’ll release those details on how to later.

I’ll also playtest the game myself and see if I can spot anything myself… and then I’m going to chill out for a bit.

Very close to this being out now, so that’s amazing.

~

~

Total word count exclud. code: 143,362 (+ 5,283)

43 Likes

Golden Beta Readers Application — #2

Hello! I hope you’re all doing well.

Soo, I’m looking for regular volunteers to beta read/test out the third demo of Golden. You have until October 5th 8pm (BST) to apply. I’ll be creating a Discord for this too.

Whether you’ve beta read Golden before or not, please do apply using this process!!

If you’re interested, you can send an email to: milaswriting[at]outlook[dot]com , with the subject title " Golden Beta Testing ". Say hi and tell me your name.

In the email please let me know your forum username, who you’ll be romancing ( A, B, K or P ) and their gender, alongside a few things about your MC.

Your MC’s sexuality, the degree option you chose, the extra-curricular activity you chose and your relationship with Jordan (best friend or ex & best friend) & now your relationship with Tristen too — it’s also completely fine if you haven’t decided or think of having multiple MC’s; just say so.

^ This is so I have a wide range of testers, but of course, only share what you’re comfortable with :slight_smile:

For organisation, and as I’m doing this myself, I won’t be able to take on everyone, unfortunately. Whether or not you’re chosen, you’ll be emailed back with a response by October 5th. If you’re chosen you’ll get sent the private Discord link too.

Even if you’re not chosen for this set of demo testing, there’s going to be more public demos released and I’ll need beta testers before Golden is sent to Hosted Games.

Last thing, if you are chosen… please, please be respectful and don’t take screenshots of/share/discuss any of the content of the demo. It spoils the game for others, and it really is a kick in the teeth with the amount of work I’ve put in.

Thank you for reading.

24 Likes

I can’t wait to see more!!!

We MADE IT🥳

3 Likes

Golden: Book One - 10th October 2021 - Third Demo!

After another long wait, here’s the updated demo of Golden: Book One! All links are in the top post.

~

Synopsis of the update.

You’re back in the city for five minutes and Lehsa’s most renowned journalist, Erin Donahue, has… used this to her advantage, to say the least. Maybe seeing Tristen again will be a good distraction. An even better distraction would be a party. One full of flirting and befriending right on the supernaturals’ doorstep.

~

Stats.

Total word count: 159,846 (+ 48,765)

Total word count without code: 143,660 (+ 43,652)

Average playthrough word count: 45,892 (+ 14,512)

~

Extra Notes.

Saves will be broken (sorry about that) so make sure to restart and play from the beginning so you don’t come across any bugs or errors! And delete your other saves too.

~

Let me know what you think. Once again, a lot of hard work has gone into this, so I hope you enjoy it. If you fancy supporting a black creator during the UK’s Black History Month, then feel free to donate to my Ko-Fi.

Take care <3

106 Likes

The demo link don’t work. Is there an error of the page or only my two cent internet?

Dashingdon is down right now for all WIPs.

5 Likes

I’ve seen in the Dashingdon thread that things may be up and running now, so feel free to try the demo link again.

3 Likes

OMG yeess!! I have been waiting hours to play some WPIs. :star_struck:

1 Like

Wow, great demo. Huge fan of supernatural genre and especially werewolves… (no not twilight… that was cringy). Cant wait for more.

1 Like

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed the demo.

I don’t know if anybody brought it up yet, but at the tail end of chapter six, when the line “It’s a picture of [character name] with a ___” shows up, if you’ve got flat zeros on all flirt counters with the ROs, the sentence just cuts off there.

Thanks for pointing that out, it should be fixed now.

1 Like