God of the Red Mountain (WiP) (Update August 17, 2020)

I never knew foxes could be so menacing lol. Between this and fox of sunholt, I’m torn.

2 Likes

It’s a fake out to demonstrate MC’s dilemma. Later on though, you will be able to avoid doing rash/aggressive outbursts. It’s not based on the calm percentage though, but on a hidden stat (that may become visible under certain conditions…)

@Hearts Woah thanks for catching that. And that hasty stat looks really weird, do you remember which choice caused it to go to 0? It’s okay if not, I’ll check it tomorrow in any case. The error should be gone now though!

Oh! I like that WiP, the ROs are really fun! But yeah, the Foxes here and the foxes there are…different… to put it mildly haha (As animals though, I actually really love foxes. The classic red foxes are sooo aaaahhhh cuteee)

4 Likes
  • look at the sky
  • stop for now
  • stay silente and unmoving
  • go to sleep
  • say nothing
  • say nothing observe
  • stay but prepare to fight if necessary
  • wait for them to say to saysomething first
  • stay but prepare to fight
  • ignore him turned hasty0 here. kept in 0 til the end. dont know whether my choices maintained it or there just wasnt any hasty choices to be taken(not that i would have chosen one)

if you want me to specify the scenes just ask

Also when the godess asks us why MC came to meet her
can you add and opnion like “felt like” indifferent?

:fox_face:

2 Likes

Oooh, I see what happened. Thanks for the heads-up, I’ll work on balancing these stats soon.

Sure, no problem! Your MC really is a leaf in the wind, huh?

2 Likes

Aug. 28 UPDATE
I hate this west path like you wouldn’t believe. Indentation hell.

Hello all! As promised, this update has a finished prologue, a redone naming ceremony, and also the second path for the spirit world route. Yay, Spider!

Which means that now, 5/9 ROs have been introduced. Whew. As always, I’m open to suggestions, comments or concerns of any kind. Thank you all for your support~

I may or may not be able to fix anything for a few days though, since it’s my little brother’s birthday tomorrow and we’ll be celebrating it during the week. I will be replying as I usually do though :smiley:

18 Likes

@M.Zhou question! In this part he seed is sown in the heart, and the blossom devours the body. there are 4 choices but I can only choose one, is this because you haven’t finished or by design?

1 Like

That one is by design to show how your corruption will affect you as you progress through the game. Later on, if your corruption is low enough, you will be able to choose more options :slight_smile:

1 Like

I felt like a total badass when I flipped the table and bested both ko. My leopard fighter definitely has me hyped. I’m disappointed there wasn’t a flirting option with Anna or heil (the swamp guardian) but spider had one. I suppose it’ll come in due time.

2 Likes

There was you, have to come with them though.

1 Like

I’ll load a save and check it out. Too bad I can’t rough em up and then go with them.

1 Like

First attempt at quoting failed.

Go meet them then choose “I came back to see you”. Basically look for you, thats the flirt option

1 Like

It worked. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Seems like you found An’s flirt option, but more flirt options will come later! For Hiemi, there wasn’t really an opportunity with her attacking you haha… Though maybe she would have been charmed if you tried to woo her while you were pinned down, who knows? She’s a bit strange (they all are)

You can! You can beat them at the tavern and then choose to go back with them to the mountain (you have to decide to meet them at Sparrow’s Reach).

1 Like

That’s definitely my ideal outcome. I’m awfully curious about the branching choices here. You can become a retainer or refuse entirely. How’s that going to change the story henceforth? I’m leaning towards being a lone wolf (leopard) but that surge of power I received from becoming a retainer is nice.

2 Likes

It changes the story quite a bit. Smaller arcs are solved differently if you’re a retainer or not, but whichever you choose, the obstacles will be realistic and never impossible. Every route/branch you choose is valid in some way. Even being a lone wolf, you can still become pretty powerful, since there are other ways to climb up the power hierarchy other than names.

2 Likes

How do you meet the spider?

1 Like

Interesting… I’ll be watching this. :thinking:

1 Like

Refuse to go to sparrow’s reach, decide to go west path!

1 Like

West path. He’ll be thrown out of a tavern.

2 Likes