Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

This so very much for me too! :scream:

I have a ‘dumb-phone’, but it is rarely used for much other than messaging my husband. Got a few games on there just because it is a good way to kill time in waiting rooms (I haunt doctors a fair bit, on and off), but give me my PC with my comfy chair and a cuppa any day. :relaxed:

Meanwhile, this game is indeed something I will pick up when it becomes available for me (Steam these days, as we can no longer download from here). :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

I really like the way your do character descriptions. For example Gallic Vicetorix being proud of his fiery mane of red hair, it says a lot about him without being a stale description of how he looks. Same with the gladiator trainer, a very intense and dangerous woman.

2 Likes

@idonotlikeusernames

You sound like you’re truly living the life, being able to sit down and unwind after a workday hahaha. But yeah I can imagine that it could be quite jarring if you are constantly packing into buses/trains, depending on where you live! I rarely get time to sit down and truly unwind though, so I guess that also plays a big part in the differences in preference!

@Taylor_Enean
I guess this is also where the general millennial mobile first tendencies come in, especially for less computing/graphic heavy games like these.

oh! they used to allow downloading directly from the site? Thank you for your support!!

@Zanite
Thank you for you compliment! I did try to paint a more visceral image of the characters, but in future attempts, I think a good improvement would be to have truly in-depth character bibles for the characters in the story which will give a deeper level of flavour!! Hope you enjoyed the demo?

@everyone

So for those of you who missed this, I’m currently doing a gamified community Let’s Play up on my socials. It’s completely experimental (and I have no idea if it’s going to work) and it’ll be fun to have you guys playing along!!! You can tag along on any of these platforms (but it’s going to be mainly Instagram for now!!)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/whatthefoong/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/what.the.foong/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WhatTheFoong

6 Likes

Once, briefly, yes. I suspect it got too much maintenance or cost for too little gain? No idea, but I miss it.

Also, :notes: you’re welcome! :musical_note:

2 Likes

I’m technically a millennial too, just one who is not into staring at those tiny screens you have to hold with one hand while clumsily prodding and “swiping” them with the other.

Never heard it described like that, although if I didn’t get to unwind after work I’d probably be in some insane asylum by now.

2 Likes

@Taylor_Enean
Hmm, perhaps they realised that certain platforms were far more lucrative as opposed to others! After all, it’s a business for them too.

@idonotlikeusernames
Hahaha you make it sound almost primitive, but I suppose so.

I guess Asians just have a different perspective of work life balance hahahahaha, perhaps one day I will try it :laughing:

@everyone
Also, I’m aware that the Upcoming Hosted Games Releases -- 2019 thread states that this is going to be released in about 24 hours! But as excited as I am, I just want to temper everyone’s expectations cause I think (?) it wouldn’t be released so soon. That said, I’m almost exploding in anticipation and I hope everyone is as well!!! Hopefully the first release of 2019 wouldn’t be too shabby? nervous laughter

Andddd if anyone sees the game coming up on any platform, please let me know! My heart can’t take this >.<

10 Likes

It’s nice to see another author finally finish and release such a good game

1 Like

Most likely, hence the cost versus gain speculation. Just hope they push more games onto Steam now, as some are not available there (yet). I’ve got a few I’d buy instantly that have yet to be published there.

So, hope this one gets there right away. :relaxed:

2 Likes

The Butler did it, hopefully including Linus romance and Kepler colony evacuation are some of my most wanted.

Agreed. Would be a shame not to be able to play this one and that goes for the next upcoming one Keeper as well. :worried:

1 Like

If you go to the hosted games steam page and sort by release date it tells you which ones will be coming out as a steam release as they get a demo there prior to release. The next one will be dragon racer.
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Released_DESC&developer=Hosted%20Games

(I could be wrong, but a good indication also seems to be if a HG is listed as being in copyedit. I think it seems that most steam games are copyedited.)

1 Like

Will this be released today?

1 Like

I believe so

1 Like

The one pinned in the forum is estimated at best. We really can’t say if it is going to be release today or not until a newsletter from CoG has been sent to us.

2 Likes

Thank you, hopefully it does release today at some point.

1 Like

Great. :unamused: No Gladiator or Keeper, ugh! :disappointed: And Dragon racer has been delayed for an undetermined amount of time. I mean it might be a nice game, it has Dragon in it but it’s not one of the ones I’ve been really looking forward to, obviously.
In fact looking at that list Zombie Exodus, Safehaven is the last one I bought. Also due to me having to cut down my gaming time significantly over the last year, but still…
Really hope the website is going to allow downloading (and therefore modding) again as only having limited access to an online, server-side, version that I must play in one sitting or lose my progress while being unable to edit even the slightest thing is much less fun. But “mobile” gaming is outright torture and not “fun” at all.

2 Likes

i almost think the same, though i always buy games in google play, last year was the less interesting year in games for me, only buyed a few hosted games and almost nothing in choice of games…this year is starting good with gladiator, keeper, even dragon racer… i have read the wip and it was good, you should give it a chance i think.
i think playing in phones is more about confort since you can read/play in bed, etc

2 Likes

I find playing on a phone is tantamount to torture.

I tried the free game, Dragon, a while back on my I-crap phone and I found it nigh unplayable for me on “mobile”. I have to hold the stupid device with one hand while peering at a headache-inducing, nigh undajustable, small screen and having to clumsily tap or “swipe” in my choices with my free hand. Was ready to fling the damned thing at the wall after about five minutes of “playing”.
Playing on PC is much more comfortable for me. As with “mobile” gaming I can forget about reading or playing with my glasses off or having a nice cup of tea with it. So “mobile” gaming will never be my cup tea.

Also I know it goes against current CoG design philosophy, but if were to “game” on mobile I would really need a back/undo button as I clumsily “swiped” in the wrong choice at least twice. :unamused:

It’s the third today, isn’t it? Which means it is slated to come out today, well tomorrow for me, but that is due to releases being on US West-Coast time and me living in crappy CET.

4 Likes

well to each their own i guess, i like playing in phone cause i can be lying down in bed while playing/Reading, so for me that is one of the main reason i love it xD.

btw i think we will have to wait a bit more for the reléase of gladiator, dunno why but is like good games always make us wait, i guess is custom by now in cog rules :rofl:

is already 3 here in spain, Europe time… so i have my doubts it will be released today.
remember that those dates are estimated dates…so u cant be certain it will reléase in that date.

2 Likes

Ah, the sun the beach the palm trees, lucky you. :sunny: :palm_tree: Meanwhile I’m in a wintry swamp…brr…
Anyway since it’s not going to be on Steam it’s not coming out for me anyway, so…

Not yet out in Canada :worried:

3 Likes