Give me an idea for a game and I'll make it

You’ve mentioned that a lot, mind if I give it a shot? I’m working on a werewolf one right now but I’d love the challenge.

What about one where you play as an evil organization, building funding and connections and carrying out missions to eventually take over the world. (or the moon, whichever comes first.)

Yay! That sounds pretty neat! Please do let me know how you get along with it :smiley:

The modern pirate/mercenary or the vampire one?
I don’t want to affect your game but I would love it if you did make it…

I may be able to add vamps into the current work, and I’ll give it a shot at multitasking to make the pirate/merc one.

Werewolves and vampires? Are you trying to write a new version of twilight?

nah, there’s going to be a lot less sparkles and a lot more dismemberment.

2 Likes

A game were you’re a teen during an alien invasion. It could be horrifying and gritty, as you’re a kid and not a gun toting Spec Ops soldier. There would be romance, and things like Skills and Traits, like mabye you’re a good liar from your experiences from school, or mabye you’ve taken martial arts classes so now you can take mostly any crazed adult.

2 Likes

My idea takes place in a fantasy world (no dragons or magical animals. There’s magic spells but otherwise it’s just like normal medieval times)
The game starts with you imprisoned for a crime that you either committed or were framed for (which changes depending on your class), and are then broken out by a mysterious old woman named Mendax. She tells you that she will give you your freedom, and in exchange you will assist a young man/woman (depending on the player’s choice) named Logan/Artemis on their quest and keep them safe, as well as do everything Mendax tells you without hesitation. Mendax goes to great lengths to explain to you that the person is much more important than you and are going to shape destiny.
You accept because you’re due for execution tomorrow and don’t have many options. It is here that Mendax proves to be a powerful sorceress, and changes your appearance depending on your preference (this is the character creation).
You fall unconscious and when you wake up you are in a tavern dressed and equiped depending on your class. Shortly after you get your bearings, a man/woman walks in with Mendax and some other people. Logan/Artemis proclaims to the tavern that they are the prince/princess of the neighboring kingdom of Canbarrow, recently usurped and requesting aid from noble souls. They are then laughed at for their naivety and are about to leave defeated when Mendax looks right at you and you remember your deal. You offer to join Logan/Artemis’ quest.

The skills are:
Imagination; useful when making plans and using magic. Best for mages and cons.
Persuasion; useful when trying to coerce others. Best for cons.
Agility; useful when attempting to dodge or preform dexterous feats. Best for archers and thieves.
Strength; useful when trying to overpower enemies. Best for warriors.
Willpower; useful when trying to endure hardships. Best for mages and warriors.
Streetsmarts; useful when trying to navigate cities. Best for thieves and cons.
Foresters; useful when trying to navigate the wilderness and work with terrain and herbs. Best for mages and archers.

There are 6 classes
Light Mage: Healer and support character. Can heal minor wounds with magic in combat, and major wounds out of combat with or without magic. Wields a staff and other healing herbs. Main stats are Imagination, Willpower, and Forester
Dark Mage: Uses offensive magic. Wields a staff. Can hex people from anywhere on the planet if the caster possess personal items of the target and knows their name and face. Main stats are Imagination, Willpower, and Forester
Warrior: Wields a sword and shield. Can protect allies with his shield and deal heavy damage. Main stats are Strength and Willpower.
Archer: Can do heavy damage from afar. Best at dodging. Main stats are Agility and Forester.
Thief: Can do sneak attacks, poison foes, and cause distractions. And steal things out of combat, obviously. Main stats are Agility and Streetsmarts.
Con: Can get the party special privileges and get them out of sticky situations without bloodshed. Most useful class out of combat. Main stats are Persuasion and Streetsmarts.

The main point of this game is simple; you are not the main character. As Mendax states in the opening, the person you follow is much more important than you and you must guard them with your life or Mendax will make you suffer. How your mc reacts to this is entirely up to the player; but remember, the main hero is naive and new to the world, and your actions and attitude will affect them.

Aside from the hero (who is an archer) and Mendax (who is a dark mage) there are 6 other characters.

A light mage named Vance. He chose to follow the main hero because he was in-between jobs and didn’t have much else going on. He is easy-going and lazy, but will pull his weight if pressed and as time goes on he begins to believe in the hero’s quest.
A dark mage named Les. She is slightly insane in the morbid kind of way. She is always upbeat and happy and never lets anything get her down, and finds her passion in setting things on fire or hexing them to oblivion. She goes where the fun is.
A warrior named Gerald. He is a knight from the kingdom of Canbarrow and serves the heir out of duty despite never having seen them before. He is chivalrous and kindhearted and will follow the hero till death released him.
An archer named Penny. She worships the almighty gold coin. A mercenary at heart, but a fun one that will always be the first to raise a beer and the last to stop. She’ll stick by whoever is offering the most coin.
A thief named Hence. A polite but distant rogue who talks little and always speaks with chilly courtesy. Though he is being paid, he is known for being absolutely loyal to whoever hires him and can never be bought out or intimidated; he will even give his life for a client.
A con named Vivian. She is slick tongued (in more ways than one) and is cunning enough to make a king willingly hand over his crown. Her loyalties are to whoever she likes the most.

Your character will replace whatever person who has the class you chose. The remaining have two stat bars: loyalty to the hero, and loyalty to you.

That’s the basic description. As you can tell I probably put a bit too much thought into it.

2 Likes

I think mine could be huge.

I do like your idea @Jerred_Manns - are you going to write it? Or develop a basic storyline for it? It sounds interesting especially if you’re able to get a “gritty” kind of realistic feel to it.

The title says “Give me an idea”, so I just gave him an idea. I like it, but I’m not interested in writing it, as I suck. So that’s the only reason I posted it.

@Jerred_Manns Oh, right, makes sense! :laughing: If I weren’t working on two already then I definitely would consider taking up this one. If no one picks it up then maybe I can get it in the queue for my next one!

@dashingdon, two? What other game are you working on?

@Doctor the Valkyrie idea given by @orkwut above. I actually have the whole story completely plotted out already (choices and all). I just have to actually write it. It’s set in the future where you play as a special unit in the military (called a Valkyrie) given the task of deciding which soldiers merit restoration after they die on the battlefield. It’s centered around how you cope with that responsibility as well as how you deal with discovering certain nefarious things about this future military itself.

I didn’t know you had an actual interest in writing it! Heck, PM me. I actually do have some ideas…

Try and make a game based on the main character being in a coma and his or her experiences while being in one. There can be some mystery if it is done right.

How about a game set in a futuristic, Utopian society existing a few centuries after a period of violent wars and social decay. The world has been rebuilt and is now beginning to regain a semblance of its former prosperity. The only true reminder of the tribulations of the past is the monolithic Ark, an enormous featureless cube which civilization has had to step around.

Built as a final protective solution by the most powerful people on the planet, it was to be a bunker strong enough to ride out Armageddon, and a select group of the world’s best and brightest sealed themselves inside along with vast treasure troves of knowledge and wealth. It has been three centuries since the last war, and the Ark has remained sealed the whole time, impervious to any attempt at entry.

The game might involve a character who has spent his/her life playing in the shadow of one of the Ark’s doors.

The game gets interesting when one day the door opens.

Choice of the Politician. You play the leader of a fictional country during a time of strife for your people, war looms on the horizon whilst the economy is failing. Do you have what it takes to steer your country back to harmony? I think this would be a fun idea.

2 Likes

Hi if you can make a game out of this manga/light novel what will be so epic.
The manga/light novel in question is called
“Mushoku Tensei” here is a description “A 34-year-old NEET otaku is chased out from his house by his family. This virgin, plump, unattractive, and penniless nice guy found that his life are going down the path to an end. He then recalled that his life could actually be much better if he can get over the dark history of his life. Just when he was at the point of regret, he saw a truck moving at fast speed, and three high-school students in it’s path. Mustering all strength he had, he tried to save them and ended getting run over by the truck, quickly ending his life. The next time he opened his eyes, he is already reincarnated to a world of sword and magic as Rudeus Greirad. Born to a new world, a new life, Rudeus decided that, “This time, I’ll really live my life to the fullest with no regret!”. Thus start the journey of a man yearning to restart his life.” Thats about it.

1 Like