@Nerull
Coding error in chapter 2.

"The buried bones and beliefs
All hide behind
The lit night sky."i]
"The buried bones and beliefs
All hide behind
Blurred lines.i]

The code for italics is visible in game.

In chapter 3.

Van Gogh’s night still dominates the room, and a pair of stars resemble, now, menacing eyes.

Change the sentence to:

Van Gogh’s night still dominates the room, and a pair of stars resemble now menacing eyes.

she stays mute, listening.

Capitalise the bolded word.

Silence. The first tear running down Oliver’s face."

Remove the double quote.

The italised word should be my ro’s name. The cause is this code:

The first year running down {name}'s face.

The code should be:

${ro}'s

she nods at no one at all, listening wide-eyed to the whispered voice in the phone.

Capitalise the bolded word.

“Did one of Ollie’s friends messed up with you?” asked Laura.

mess

This is a great COG/HG on of the best ive read. I read it and only got about halfway through chapter 2 but so far I love it. I personally liked how you can choose between being a malevolent spirit to being a benign helper. The only problem I saw was a minor typo ( for some reason I can’t send it ) so I’ll just tell you what it was. It was the part where you follow Ollie and it says “while he does this he frequently LOVES over his shoulder” it should be looks

2 Likes

Thank you!

He’s out of breath

4 Likes

@Nerull
Missing word in chapter 1.

It’s like New Year Ollie has spent in New York with his family

Put ‘the’ before the bolded word.

In chapter 2.

Every poem has a meaning, Amber, even if too personal

Put ‘it’s’ after the bolded word.

Recomenting after the update to say: Words cant describe how in love I am with this story. It’s absolutely awesome. I even played "Dont fear the reaper"for added effect. XD

8 Likes

@Nerull One of current favorite WiPs!

Question: How evil will be be able to be as a literal lost soul?

Haunting of Hill house evil?

1 Like

Good wip and i love the cheat menu it’s very useful and make us can test different choice easily. As far i know only you and mahatmadagon use this in their game and so i hope more author will follow this example

1 Like

This is brilliant loving the demo. Only problem I have is even when I try to be nice helpful ghost the mother is still petrified of MC not sure if the terror bar will go down. Can’t wait to play the full game.

2 Likes

Same thing for me to. I don’t know about anyone else but if I had a ghost who helped did chores stop me from falling save my marriage and clean up my bathrooms I would be exited and would TOTALY TALK to them hell I would be freinds.

5 Likes

well, we’re playing as the ghost, not as the haunted family members. if we were the mother character, that would be one thing but… Samantha is gonna react like Samantha would.

2 Likes

I adore this game so far! So fun, and I couldn’t stop replaying what the game has so far.

3 Likes

i really love this WIP!

2 Likes

I too love this game I have replayed it 4 times

big mood

i hope the author is still working on it

2 Likes

I am! The Chapter 4 and 5 structures are already drafted. Now it is a matter of sitting down and writing.

There are two main reasons why I haven’t posted an update in a while:

—I’m teaming up with Zaper (@MahatmaDagon) to get The Vampire Regent sent to Hosted Games. We’ll update it on Dashingdon when we have the entire game written. There are only the “climax scenes” and the epilogues left to be written (and a bunch of coding witcheries). Ah, and some new ROs.

While I still have Ghost Simulator to finish, Zaper has to work on the sequel to the War for the West as well. But we decided that we have a vampire to deal with first.

— Since it has been quite a while since the last update, I don’t think it is ideal to update it with a scene or two. I could update it now and give you the rest of the Halloween party scenes, but I want to update it on Dashingdon only when I have a great deal of new content.

So I know I owe you guys a new update, but be sure I keep reading your posts and that I am working on the game every week.

And again, thank you all for the support. It’s great that you all keep enjoying it :slight_smile:

30 Likes

This is a fantastic demo. I spent half of my time intrigued by the mystery and the other half laughing to myself like a maniac every time I spooked the family, even though I was trying to be nice.

1 Like

Love yer work. I have small scene idea. Ghost possesses somebody, but let them be conscious. And what ever you do they see, hear and feel it.

Hey, folks,

Just to say that, unlike the MC, I’m not dead.

I’m working with a pixel artist to come up with the character portraits. My idea is to present three portrait variations for each family member:

Normal / Frightened / Horrified

These portraits will show up on the Show Stats menu, and the corresponding portrait will appear depending on the character’s Terror level.

So far, I will give you the first drafts of Ollie and Michael:

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 08.02.36

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-23 at 23.28.36

These are not the final drafts. The pixel artist is currently working on Samantha and Amber, and as soon as we approve all of them, she will work on the final versions.

What do you think?

I know I owe you all an update, and I intend to post it soon!

58 Likes