Ghost Simulator [published]

467x181_Ghost Simulator3

PLAY THE FIRST TWO CHAPTERS FOR FREE!

GET IT ON STEAM!

You’ve never known what would happen after death. And now that you have woken up in a dusty attic, it is time to figure out what happened to you and meet the family living in your home.

Ghost Simulator is a 300,000-word interactive horror novel by Morton Newberry where you haunt a family in the American countryside.

Customize your powers and be the ghost you never thought you would become. You are the apparition who stands in the darkest corners of the manor and the poltergeist who plays with the furniture. Invade dreams and turn them into nightmares, and possess people to control their actions. Shape the destiny of those living in the place you once called home.

Speaking of them, you will not only meet the Brooks family but delve into the intimate details of their everyday lives. Samantha is a writer who moved in with her family in search of inspiration for her next novel—and she might not like what she finds. Samantha is married to Michael, a nurse anesthetist haunted—among other things—by his past. Ollie and Amber, the teenage siblings, try to find their place in the world while living with a dead person. Together, this family will become the key to understanding your past life—and humanity itself.

Scare the Brooks family, shatter their hearts, and annihilate their dreams. Or protect them, help them find love, and encourage their ambitions. In uncovering the circumstances of your death, you may find that this family’s story is more entwined with your own than you had realized.

GhostSimulatorManor

• Play as male, female, or nonbinary. Death embraces everyone, after all.

• Attend a family dinner as an uninvited—and dead—guest.

• Recall the person you once loved. Are they still alive?

• Disrupt the lives of the Brooks family—or become the new family member.

• Turn skeptics into believers—or use your powers without drawing attention.

• Help a horror writer to pen a best-selling novel—or destroy her work completely.

• Choose your ghostly powers, such as possessing the living and invading their dreams.

• Protect a haunted man from himself—or let him descend into a spiral of self-destruction.

• Help a teenager impress his highschool sweetheart—or destroy their relationship.

• Go to the first Halloween party since your death. People might even play with Ouija boards!

josephApparitionwilliamlily

JOIN THE OFFICIAL DISCORD SERVER

PLAY THE FIRST TWO CHAPTERS FOR FREE!

GET IT ON STEAM!

815 Likes

Loving it! Just a little bug

Apparition is not one of my powers

Here, poltergeist is not one of my powers

Dreamwalk is not supposed to be one of my powers

11 Likes

This story is amazing!

6 Likes

Is the full game going to be public??

6 Likes

I am DEFINITELY gonna play this! So spooky :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The game was good but it had parts where I could use powers I didnt choose

5 Likes

I love this can’t wait for more chapters!!

4 Likes

Bruh I need this game in my veins rn

7 Likes

Thank you all for the replies, really! :smile:

@Hostage
Thanks for the report. It’s fixed :))

@Epic
You mean published through the Hosted Games label? Well, it may take several months until it is finished, revised, and published, but I hope so!

About the powers, it was because the careless author (me, in that case) forgot to apply the selectable_if tag to some choices and specify the power. I already fixed the instances that had been reported here!

12 Likes

I call dibs on “BEETLEJUICE”

9 Likes

I’m really looking forward to this game. Great work

2 Likes

Oh man, too cool! So bummed when it came to an end, I can’t wait for more. Like a few others, I too had a glitch where I was given the ability to choose a power that I hadn’t selected earlier (apparition, the mom, at night as she’s smoking). Keep up the amazing work!

2 Likes

Amber is the chosen one. She will be my servant, and my saviour. It has been decided.

In all seriousness, I am loving this game. Dreamwalking is amazing and using my powers to help others is something I look forward to.

7 Likes

Cool game. Can’t wait to see more :grin: I am seeing options appearing that I shouldn’t have access too though, like poltergeist powers when I didn’t select the option in the customization.

Really interesting!! I loved it, it’s a very new take that I haven’t seen here yet! Can’t wait to see the next chapters :slight_smile:

A few things:

Extra comma

As the man notices your presence—a doctor who has just been through a divorce—, he quickly shoves the vial inside his pocket

Perhaps “find out” would fit better?

“Help… me… finding… about myself…” (Whisper)

Extra quotation

“Yes,” he says, not sound convincing."

Possession is not one of my powers

and lastly:

Apparition is not one of my powers

3 Likes

A lovely little game~ Reminds me of The Grim and I just based on the premise alone. I like how we can choose to be a benevolent spirt or an evil spook.

5 Likes

This was a lot of fun. I can’t wait for more

1 Like

YES! More of Ghost MC. Will there be multiple endings for the choices we choose? My ghost MC is trying so hard not to scare the Brooks, but it’s not going well.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_-2094872268-content_640

Summary

wasn’t sure if it was a mistake or not.

31 Likes

I really like this.

2 Likes

24 Likes