Ghost in the library(wip 57k)

Hope to see it soon.

I am working on it as fast as I can for this upload, but already broke it twice lol. I suck when it comes to coding. When I shut down for the night will see if I can fixit. If I can’t get the code to work by tonight I will strip out do the upload tomorrow than go back to working on the code.

I am working on it as fast as I can for this upload, but already broke it twice lol. I suck when it comes to coding. When I shut down for the night will see if I can fixit. If I can’t get the code to work by tonight I will strip out do the upload tomorrow than go back to working on the code.

Double posts well over an hour apart?

Sorry my phone had a fit.

Ok still trying to track down the error 92 have come across it myself. But I have looked at so much code of late I am seeing double. I will track it down, just not in this update.
*have added three stat buttons that DO NOT work
*fixed spelling
*fixed the ac line
*I am aware of the dialog problem with Davis, it’s on my todo list when I add more from the new NPC’s
*worked on first floor blueprints but unable to show at this time
*you are now entering the library, that is it for chapter one.
*I also notice a spaceing problem in useing the new CS I did not have in the old when using the *print but have a fix for that as well.
Next I will work on getting the stat buttons working, putting in the save feature, adding the new dialog, fixing any bugs or spelling errors you find, getting the blue prints ready. Once these are done will push on to cchapter two.

http://www.lordirish.com/web9/mygame/index.html

Hm, I put Kathleen as the driver of the second van and oddly enough got this after the gas station:

“So Kathleen, what do you perdict our chance are of staying dry?” You ask with a big smile. She looks through the review mirror at you with questioning eyes. You piont to the dark rain clouds in the distance.

“Ow,” is all she says as she puts her right hand to her temple and closes her eyes tightley. She starts muttering under her breath in some type of chant. She then begains to rock back in fort in her seat rather vilently. You look at the others in the rear view mirror to see thay look as uncomfortable as you do. You glance to the road then back to Kathleen who is looking at you with the blank expression and her voice is deep and emotionless.

Now of course there are two obvious problems with this. The first being that Kathleen is driving the other car, and the other being that Susan is the psychic, not Kathleen. If it helps, I did have Susan in the car with me. Also, in this page the CoG conversation started abruptly with me asking “what’s my favorite what?” without anyone saying anything first.

Oh yeah, and here’s a small typo: “Forget the GPS I’ll fallow the sign.” Should be “Forget the GPS I’ll follow the sign.”

Yep I need to proably just rewrite this section as I tried to reuse from before I added the new npc’s, not working out so well. I will start a rewrite tonight, proably take a few days. Thanks for pionting out the gps line will fix and upload tonight along with a few bug fixes.

*fixed a few more bugs
*fixed more spelling
*all stat buttons work
*still working on hiding the blueprint button
*crude blue print of the first floor
*save feature working
*will loop after you pick weapons as I am rewrinting the section after
*add weapons to stat screen

http://www.lordirish.com/web10/mygame/index.html

I encounter errors when I get to the van ride option, no matter what I choose for it.

@13ventrm
You should not be able to get that far, I guess there is a bug in the save file. You can pick your weapons but not go any further as I am rewriting that section.

The ac is still out in my thruck, four months they keep telling me they will get it fix. So heading home tonight aftter two months out. Will rest a day then get back to the coding and writing.

I had a little time before I head home so was able to track down the bug in the save file. It was my placement of the *load so was able to move it and test seems ok now.

http://www.lordirish.com/web11/mygame/index.html

It loops with the van ride, is that supposed to happen?

Yes until I have the rewrite done.

Working hard on the rewrie, had to start a fresh copy to clean up the code, will have an update up by wensday night. Still will need to work on the code to hide the blueprint button. First will get the rewrite then work on code.

Man this seems like so much work. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m pretty sure we all appreciate it though.

Ty but I just hope you all enjoy it.

WOOT! I have spent the last three hours pulling my hair out rewriting this code, but finaly have a working code for the seating the vans. Have tested it many times with out and error. Of course it needs more testing, nevertheless it looks really good. Now I can move on with the rest of the rewrite. I am still on track for wed. night update.

I have worked on this all day and have the rewrite done.
*fixed a lot of spelling
*removed save until I learn make it work better
*fixed a ton of errors
Still need to find the rest of the errors.
Will move on to hiding the blueprint button and will update any fixes needed.

http://www.lordirish.com/web12/mygame/index.html