Ghost in the library(wip 57k)

I finaly have drop box working so do not need to keep changing the abby.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80005171/web/mygame/index.html

Sorry for taking so long to get around to trying it. Here are some errors I found:

“Yep, not a problem, there’s a truck stop just before the interstate.” You say. Ten minutes later you pull into the truck stop. You pay for a fountain drink and a slim Jim. $4.00

Slim Jim should have caps at the start of both words since it’s a proper noun.

You hit the on ramp amd mirge into traffic.

“Amd” should be “and” and “mirge” should be “merge”

Your mood lightens as traffic seems to disapear.

“Disapear” should be “disappear”

You look into the horizon to see dark clouds massing threading to provide a deluge that could make your group very uncomfortable very quickly while unloading.

“Threading” should be “threatening”. Also, “massing” doesn’t really seem to need to be there. But if you keep it you should probably put a comma after it.

Didn’t find any actual message giving errors though. Got to the end just fine.

@Shoelip
No problem, I am way behind on visiting other games. Need to take a day or two to make my rounds. Thank you for the awsome feedback. I will make the fixes tonight and upload in the morning. I am banging away at chapter two, not a lot of free time right now so the going is slow.

I am still messing with the coding, but may just go with all three buttons showing for now, as I can make that work lol. Hiding the button is causing my head to pound.:stuck_out_tongue:

*fixed spelling
*fixed buttons so that all three work for now.
*Working on chapter two so you will encounter problems once you head in to the library.

I am writing a short cut to chapter two, if you do play chapter two do not expect much. I already have a lot of content writen, but the complexity of making it free roaming in sections is requiring a heck of a lot of coding. I will have the short cut up by Monday. If you find an error in chapter two hold off reporting, At this point and time there will be no way to fix until I have a ton more content up. Thanks all

*fixed I hope the last bugs in chapter one
*fixed the bugs in the link to chapter two
*making a dent into chaptertwo but long ways to go.

Well, there isn’t much to say yet about Chapter Two besides a few typos I’ll have to get to later. I got an error when I tried the first door on the left though, despite it saying that that option was supposed to work.

line 93: bad label l1se

Sorry will fix that, there is not a lot there to play through. Time right now is not on my side. Plus the coding is proving to be very major as I want the player to be able to explore where they want.

*edit fixed the error. Hopefully I can find time this week to write the code to explore the rooms freely. Once I have it working will enable the rest of the rooms.

Now that I am into chapter two I find that this is going to take some time. Each NPC brings something to the game, that mean I have tons and tons of coding to do. So my updates will not come out very often from this piont on. As I complete each section of chapter two I will upload. Then as I move on to the next section I can fix bugs and what not. I did manage to make the rooms work liked I wanted, but I have gone back to the intro of the library as I need to add a ton of interaction there. So for now only the first door on the left will work. I will upload that later today. And thanks to all for the great feedback and my constaint need for hand holding when I get sruck with my coding.

Cool! Let us know when you get it uploaded and I’ll be sure to take a look.

@Shoelip
Thanks, hit a set back, left some gaps in chapter one that I planned on filling in later. But can not move on in the section I am in until I go back.lol live and learn. So have to revist the first chapter for a third time. Along the way will try to create more interaction amoung the NPC’s. The first chapter is rather dull I know but important in setting up the game.

Happy fourth of July all. Have slept feel refreshed. I have decided will only patch with some rewrite. I have to design a better system for the NPC’s. I will add a fear factor for them as well as a anger reaction table. As your pc can have some real anger issues. I will have to fill in some holes then move on to finishing the room section in chapter two.

Ok I have had a respite from them madness I called my game. :wink: due to a pot hole and a strap that broke free my laptop has taken a bad spill. Suprisingly it still works, but it has some serious duck tape keeping it together. I will be picking up a new laptop at the end of the month so doing a great deal of my work from my phone, much slower going, as it is a job to hold the laptop just right so the screen does not fall off. Lol so please bear with me.

Finaly making a dent into the code for the first chapter. I will have an update out by the end of next week, on a Friday. You may not notice an overall differance. As I have only added to the code. I want to be able to finish the intro to the library frist then revisit the first chapter to add more dialog. The new code will help in developing love intrest and how the npc’s deal with fear and if you have a temper.

Cool!

I had a change in my delivery date and found I had some time on my hands, so I sat down figuring I would knock out a chunk of it out. Lol looked up it was 2 in the morning and I had the new code knocked out and fairly bug tested. So I have uploaded the changes. Chapter two is now underconstruction and most likely unplable for awhile. I will not give an upload date as this going to be a very big section to write.

Alright. Well I picked the first option each time until I got to the team select where I picked Kay first and immediately got this error: line 1530: Non-existent variable ‘fearone’

Thanks I will fix that later today.

I fixed the bug but found a few more will try and fix and upload tomorrow.

Found one more. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dunno if it’s one of the ones you found, but it’s that military guy that works for cheap. Kay’s brother, I think.