Ghost in the library(wip 57k)

Thank you

It has been a long time since I was able to do any writing. Finally life is settling a bit for me so working on the game again. I think you can make it as far as assigning the teams before hitting an error. Any and all feedback is welcome.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80005171/Ghost/Ghost%20in%20the%20Library.html

Seems the images are not working but will fix that later.

1 Like

Page_3 line 1281: bad label davis_con

@medicusquis page three is as far as you will get for now.

I am currently working on the next update but progress is slow. Fixing a few areas I have been putting of.

I have reworked the ex section and moved it to play into some other options that you may be able to pick. You are now able to choose one to five team members instead of being forced to pick five before being allowed to progress on in the game. I also have the art for the opening working again. I stop the story after the shop section as I need to finish the back story options. Plus with the option to pick only one member instead of all five mean I need to rewrite the whole section.

That “he” should be a “she”, and the “his” should be a her. I chose a female ex.

And your lime break seems to have wronged you… never trust those limes.

Will fix this on my next up date thanks @Doctor
lol darn those limes for sure.

When choosing: Zachary

@dreamdragonhatchling
Thank you for the bug find and have fixed.

I have also fixed the bugs that @Doctor came across.

I have added Sally Winford as a possible ex in the setup. This is a random feature more to keep readers on their toes then real in-depth item. Of course depending on the results will cause her to react in different ways. I will also add one male ex as well. I debated for a long time if to add this or not. It will add only a small bit of flavor to the game and would not be missed if I did not add it. It boils down to my enjoyment while creating this. I like the little hidden thing that most readers will never see. I work on these games as a hobby I have no rush to complete anything. One day I will have several games out but not before I have all my little gems buried in there.

and another one found

They just keep coming!

@Doctor
Fixed the line_break thanks, will look into the bad label.

^Edit found it and now corrected,

Typed my name as Grace and it came up with error “names line 1664: Non-existent variable 'femal_1” im assuming your trying to make it predict that I’m a female because my name is grace but that doesn’t work because I’m a guy and my name is Grace.

@Zaroukae
Thank you, I tried to leave out names that worked for both gender. Was not aware that this could be a male name. Will remove thanks.

*Edit now fixed thanks again.

I personally think any name can be used for any gender its really just a matter of personal preference. specific names for genders are more a cultural thing.

@Zaroukae
You are more then likely correct. It was a try and I will remove names that fall in two both when I an told. I also have another reason for it which is an easter egg.

Selecting Zachary after clicking Not dealing with him today.(only option?) get this

Thanks, will add this to my list of things to fix.

Alright no new material but have fix all the bugs and it now passes quicktest and random test. I still have some daylight left so going to try and get more work done.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80005171/Ghost/Ghost%20in%20the%20Library.html