Ghost in the library(wip 57k)

Oh, cool! Well, I hope to see the new content soon.

You can already get one killed in what I have out and when I add the Wiccan path there will be another. Hoping to have a few hours Sunday to finish that path up.

Oh wait, is that priest guy the same one you can get on your team? I totally didn’t make the connection. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The last month of writing has been 0. :frowning: My new job has me working 90 hours a week, so I am going back to trucking by the end of the month. The money is better and I have time to sleep and write. :slight_smile: I am trying to get back to writing and have only added one feature for the vision impaired. While I do not have many images in the game, at the start you can turn the images off and they will be replaced with a description of what the image is.

Hm, I can’t personally get excited about that, but good for you! And good for people who can’t see pictures clearly! Do you ever find it ironic that you’ve got this big contest now, but have so much trouble getting your own game up and running? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, that sounded a bit jerkish… I just find it kinda funny how long you’ve been working on this game. Kinda reminds me of me.

Yes and no. This is a hobby and a labor of love so it may take me another two years before I finish lol. I took this job thinking I would be home and have time to write more, yikes that was a bad choice. Live and learn. The game is only at 44545 WC figure it will be three to four times bigger by the time I am done. Funny the story was not all that big when I started but the options keep growing lol.

No worries I was fine with your comment :slight_smile:

Taking the day to write for a change, no promise of an update. After several good crits I am dropping the shopping of equipment. It was me being a geek, was told by many it was to technical and much to take in at the start of the story. Have mapped out the first section up to the library. I have a few more Easter eggs I want to add but here is the mind map up to this point.
http://www.lordirish.com/GIL/map.html

*Edit the pics I grabbed around the web. They will not be in the game.

Have taken out the shopping option have smoothed out a few more bugs. I am still working on the background section, slow progress. Plan on moving onto the team selection after the background section is complete.

I plan on the player being able to pick one to five players so this will require a section for each team size for responses and interaction. This will require a lot of work but worth while in the long run. will have to write the story from start to end for each team size for to work properly.

I will be placing the van ride back in as it has a reason, but dropping the gas station.

I have the library finely mapped out so need to do a mind map for it now as it will be fairly complex as it will be sandbox within the library.

Game
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80005171/Ghost/Ghost.html

Found two bugs.
line 23: Neither true nor false: 0

background line 268: Non-existent variable ‘tim’

Thank you for the bug find have fixed.

I have gone back to truck driving. :slight_smile: Now that I am back on the road have been writing again. Funny, I thought being home I would write like crazy. lol in eight months I managed maybe three or four paragraphs. I manage that in the first week back on the road.

I am still working the backgrounds stories, but making progress. you now can end up with a spirit guide if you play your cards wrong. evil grin I am aiming to have this section done and updated by the end of Aug.

For a long time I had a problem with the layout of the library, but after spending a lot of time in my home town library, which is old and creepy, I have solved a lot of game issues. It still will take me considerable time to get to this part of the game.

Once I reach the section that the player reaches the library I will be asking for Alpha testers as this section of the story will be closed to the public but, I am not ready yet for that. I want to keep some of my secrets until I release this beast. I still enjoy working on this but I have five other projects I would like to getting writing on.

seeing as I was playing and ran into the line 23: Neither true nor false:0 bug, I’d beg to differ

@War_Doctor
If that bug was under backgrounds, Then yes I know that bug. I am working on finishing out the background section first, then will go back and fix bugs and grammar. Thank you for point it out…

I finished the Doctor section for backgrounds. Have not tested, and will not until I finish the plumber and firefighter sections. Once backgrounds are completed will go through fix grammar and and code problems. Adding the Spirit guide means I need to go back into a lot of code to add her in. Progress is slow but moving at least, I still want and try to finish this bit of coding up by the end of Aug. I still have a lot of writing to do for all the possible team combinations. Could take six months or better to finish that section up.

Managed to clean up and fix bugs in the Doctor section of the back story. Laid out the section for the Plumber and Fire person. Still need to work on these two section. Going to try and get them done this coming weekend. Still have a mass bit of code to go back through and add to the background section, but most of that runs in the background so do not need it currently.

*Edt I also found time to work on a very small story idea that I am excited about. It may only take a few months to write it. For now just going to plug away at it a little at a time. Will post a few update here and there.

1 Like

Not the weekend I wanted as my new laptop took a huge dump. But to say I never learn would be incorrect. :slight_smile: I had everything backed up. A bit of stray info was lost but not any of my writing. I spent the weekend picking up a cheap laptop and installing everything. Added about 3k over the week as far as background coding, had planned on working on the rest of the background story and CoB this weekend, needless to say this did not happen,

I have made a fair bit of coding completed into the background, While you can skip this section, if you do play through it, it adds some bounces and minuses. Plus, I have a few Easter eggs in there as well. I hope to finish up the back end coding this week, crossing fingers. Then will, if my new laptop holds up, will work on the rest of the background story this coming weekemd.

1 Like

I keep getting an error message as soon as I click the link

Thank you, looks like I did not set one of the various true/false in the start file. Will fix tonight.

Have fixed the bug sorry any problems. Any feedback is welcome but this still a long ways to go.

Having to run from Dallas Texas to Woodland Pennsylvania this weekend so no time to write or work on CoB sorry all.