Ghost in the library(wip 57k)

Glad it help you @lordirishdas :stuck_out_tongue:

I spent the day coding out the team and all the various stats. Turned into a very complex project. I ended up commenting out some mod code as it was to complex to handle today. The code seems to work well in the IDE tool.

I want to finish out the News clipping section and weapons stats for tomorrow. This will still leave the mod code to handle then the conflict table. So very unlikely to finish this weekend.

Once I have these finish section one will finely be done :slight_smile: Will have to run it through random test before I will uploaded. I am sure there are many bugs that will need to be squashed. So I will leave section one up for testing while I build section two.

Just an update on progress.

I have been hammering away at it, and can see signs of progress. Yet still it seems far too go finishing section one. I do have the stats working properly, that was a nightmare, crossing my fingers that I did not miss something. Currently working on the weapons section, writing the spell book for the Wicken path. I really like the spells so far, however this is going to be a burden to incorporate in to mechanical play of the game.

Will give you a peak at the spells I have written. I still have a list of spells to write up still, but if you think you have one let me know.

*label book
*choice
 #Protective circle Spell
  Draw you a circle with salt, the area should be just wide enough to fit those that will be inside the circle. To wide a circle can cause the spell to be weakened. Take 4 spikes of iron and lay them down pointing to each compass point.
  *line_break
  Recite the following aloud.
  *line_break
  Hic circulus descendit
  *line_break
  Et non malum, hic inveniantur
  *line_break
  Tutus sum in
  *line_break
  Mihi non hostes, probari non possunt
  *line_break
  Gradiar loco isto,
  *line_break
  et vade, et lucem in tenebras, persequar.
  *line_break
  Then simply step into the circle. The spell will last until someone steps back out. There are conditions that something of pure evil nature can ware down the spell over time. The spell can only be recast from out side of the circle. The break down of the spell will wear done the creature attacking so it may be best to wait until there is a pause in the attack then leave the area using salt in a doorway to bare its path to cover your escape.
  *choice 
   #Thumb through more spells
    *goto book
   #Done for now
    *got to kat_checkw
 #Trap an evil spirit Spell
  This is a complex spell that if done incorrectly will anger the evil spirit greatly. Once you start the spell, you MUST not stop!
  *line_break
  Set a mason jar down inside a salt circle. While pouring in five table spoons of sea salt chant the following.
  *line_break
  Tu daemon praesentia. Non esse!
  *line_break
  You must then quickly seal the lid. It should be noted if this is a very strong Demon that you trap the spell will only hold it for a short time, then glass will shatter. To properly store a trapped evil spirit it must me buried in blessed ground near the building it was captured in.
  *choice 
    *goto book
   #Done for now
    *got to kat_checkw   
 #Banish a Shadow Spell
  Light a hold a candle in front of the area the shadow persist, then repeat three times.
  *line_break
  "Ego sum lux robustiores me pugnare Revertere, ubi umbra mortis et habitantes."
  *line_break
  Then blow the candle out saying the following.
  *line_break
  "Vade, et locum deserere, et sume tecum Nocte"
  *line_break
  It should be noted that lesser Demons like to play tricks and will pretend to be shadows. So a protective circle near by may be advisable.
  *choice 
    *goto book
   #Done for now
    *got to kat_checkw 
 #Banish demon to the underworld
  This spell if not done properly can be very dangerous, plus should never be tried by a novice.
  *line_break
  First you most know the name of the Demon, secondly you must be able to look the Demon in the eyes. If it does not have eyes DO NOT attempts this spell.
  *line_break
  A side note I would love for you to be in a protective circle when casting this, but the magic would not work. Having one close by is always a good idea.
  *line_break
  While looking the Demon in the eye repeat the following until it is gone.
  *line_break
  (Demon Name) "Vade et locum deserere, in qua dicitur, ut sint in benedictione, et ligabunt te in loca unde venistis curat!"
  *line_break
  While chanting make a dramatic pushing motion. The demon should look as if it’s melting into the ground.
  *choice 
    *goto book
   #Done for now
    *got to kat_checkw 
 #Spell for Blessing the ground
 This is useful when burring trapped evil spirits. 
 *line_break
 After digging the hole scoop a handful of the dirt. Then sprinkle it in a circleular motion while chanting the following.
 *line_break
 "Omnipotens Deus, et benedic hoc petimus terram. Sparsa est ubicumque hoc stercus hinc pellite potentia mali praesentia Spiritus Sancti, quae nos semper. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen"
 *line_break
 This ground is now blessed.
 *choice 
    *goto book
   #Done for now
    *got to kat_checkw 
 #Demon Banishing Spell (With No eye)
  This spell is much more demanding, so much more dangerous to use. It will work any type of Demon, but if they have eyes you can look into it is far better to use the other spell.
  *line_break
  You must know the Demons name for the spell to work. There most be no other magic in the room such as a protection spell, Hench why this spell is far more dangerous.
  *line_break
  Taking a small mirror and lay it flat. Then set a black candle in the very center of the mirror. Then take blessed dirt and circle the candle. 
  *line_break
  Sit in front of the candle, only light the candle when the Demon sat entered the room. You must keep your eyes on the Demon at all times. Chant the following.
  *line_break
  "O magnum numen invoco Quaeso, mittere ad infernum DAEMONIUM amplius amor et gaudium in loco hoc HOC EST DE MALO Sic fiat"
  *line_break
  The demon should look as if it’s melting into the ground. You must keep chanting until you no longer feel its pressure filling the room.
  *choice 
    *goto book
   #Done for now
    *got to kat_checkw 

I really do not see me finishing section one until Jan. as it being the holidays I am having to run the next couple of weekends so will not have a lot of free time. Take care all for now and have a great Holiday. :smiley:

You to Irish!

Thanks as always @JLBH :slight_smile:

Just an update on progress

I now have the wicken weapons section mostly done. Just some minor choices to add. I am hoping to have it all finished today plus have a good portion of the faith section done as well.

Unfortunately for me but great for the story I have decided to add an option to go in and build the back story and looks of the MC. This will affect stats. Of course if you are like me and could careless about that type of detail. There will be an option to skip this and the stats will have base number with a random add to them. So the npc’s can still react.

I have also added an option to read the story in spainish. @MaraJade is handling that end of it.

So right now section one stands at about 44k, so this is going to be a sizeable update when I get it done. Of course It is still a lot to write, sorry I am not sure when the update will be ready.

@lordirishdas could you post a link for it when the update is ready?

@Storm yes I will thanks. :slight_smile:

Uggggg!

I sometimes forget to backup my changes. Well I some how over wrote two lengthy sections in the dateable section.

Now I have to rewrite them. Lesson, always backup you story everyday before you start making changes.

:frowning:

Hope you can fix it quickly.

@Storm
lol me too. The first section I lost is not that bad to rewrite, almost have it done. The second… is a bit complex. Took me a day to write, then another day to debug. So no quick fixes there. Ow well, at least I can add it to my word count as I am writimg it from scratch again
:slight_smile:

Yeah

This is just a rant feel free to ignore
:slight_smile:
I am very thankfull for my muse most times. She fills me with ideas constantly. The problem is she gives me so many I can’t possibly keep up, not enough hours in a day.

So for many years I happily wrote down as much as possible. Yet I was accomplishing nothing. I finaly resolved to limit myself to working just three projects at any one time. Aw now I can see progress.

My muse? She not happy being ignored. She has taken to giving my complete stories in my dreams, which I recall with great clairity. Of course these will still require a great deal of work as we all know dream plots are vague at best.

Despite the strong urge to start working on these. I have managed to refrain from doimg so.
However, she has up the pressure.

I laid down for a long winter nap, blame the holiday for that line. Unfortunately my head was not filled dancing plums and candy canes. No my muse really went into overtime.

I tagged along with the MC and watched his life unfold. I watched him evolve from beging to end. There was a strong plot, the Dialogue was good.

Once the dream ended. I had a very strong desire to write, this would normally not be a bad thing. Yet, after looking at the clock I became a little more than annoyed. I had only slept two hours.

Now must write for the next several hours to wind down before being allowed to sleep again.

I will of course put the writing to good use working only on my current projects. Still a good night sleep would have been very nice as well. :slight_smile:

Just another update on progress for the story

So I have added the professions you can choose from. I had to keep the list simple otherwise I would be writing for months to add in this section.
Cop
Doctor
Plumber
Carpenter
Fireman

I have started the back story for the cop choice. I was workimg to keep the cussimg out of the dialogue, but this is a horror game. So be aware there will be some foul language. I however, try very hard to keep it to very little cussing.

For each profession I am writing three choices for the back story. One will be for faith, wicken, and science.

I did manage to rewrite one of the missimg dateable sections. So one to go lol.

Thats it for now.

Yay a update on a update XD I’m happy to listen a wierd thing is that I have writers muse when I don’t know how to set up the first step of getting started on doing choiceScript

@lordirishdas you know i always see my muse as a dude than a girl for some unknown reasons >:D< and i await the doctor, i just like it :stuck_out_tongue:

@Storm Is there anything I can do to help you?

@Aera Lol

So I am debating with myself again. lol

I am working on the back stories and not sure how far I should take it. Case in point, durning the cop choice you may end up doing and exorcism with Father Mike. I had intended to gloss over the details. Yet, when I started writing this it was screaming that this could be a lengthy storyline in of its self.

So as a reader would you prefer a lengthy back story with choices or just a quick gloss of the encounter? This section defines why you got into ghost hunting in the first place. I really do not see it affecting your stat much if any.

*Edit of course if I write the long back story it could develop where it may affect your stats.

I got stuck when buying equipment. I tried to purchase the laser grid and a box popped up I forget what it said but then it took me to the screen where it asks if you want to purchase the item but there weren’t any yes/no/next buttons. I had to restart the whole game. Also there are a ton of spelling/grammar errors and for me (grammar Nazi) that makes a game/book unreadable I had to force myself to continue. But other than those few problems it seems like an interesting storyline for a game and I like how many choices the MC gets to make.

@SpiritWolf91
I am working on a very large update for this section. But not sure when I will have it ready. I have Dyslexia so yes there are a lot of problems with the grammer. Once I finish the update I will work on the grammer. Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you that is very kind of you,but I have decided to postpone making a story till later, so I might ask for your help later.

Any time @Storm :slight_smile: