Ghost in the library(wip 57k)

@choiceofkylen thanks for the bug find. Will fix this on the next update.

Managed to code all the new stats and bios. So moving forward with page two. Sooo, maybe have an update this weekend.

@lordirishdas Can I be your number 1 fan?

@2Ton Lol only if I can be yours.

@lordirishdas You know it!

Only had a few hours today to work on it. Added more content, fixed the name bug, and made a good dent into page two. However, it is still far from playable. If I can keep up this pace I may make it to the vans by the end of the weekend. Talk to you all later.

Nice work Lord, Im really happy you named this story Ghost in the Library over something like Ghost in the Locker Room.

every time I pick anybody in the Sally when you choosing teammates it comes up with a error

I get an error when trying to
set my character’s gender as female. “non-existent command ‘gender call’”

@2Ton I think that story would stink.

@DJNIKOLDO and @TheWaffle thanks for the bug finds will fix on next update.

Well do to a change to a law in how truck drivers run. Referring to (HOS) Hours of service. My job has changed considerably. I would normally spend 20 hrs a week at my keyboard, but now, it it has been over two weeks and this is the first chance I have had to even open my laptop. I am sure once I settle into the new pattern I will find more time. for now I will only be updating page two.

While I have added a fair bit of content it wont relate to much play time.

Update
Fixed small bugs
Added more interaction from the NPCs
Added shopping
Added more inventory

*edit @DJNIKOLDO I have spent some time trying to recreate the bug, could you give me some more details on how you are coming across it.

Take care all
http://www.lordirish.com/Ghost/web/mygame/index.html

I had some down time for a change. So I worked on the file and now have it up to chapter two page one. This is where you enter the library. I will not go any further until I fix a lot of the old dialog and a ton of bugs. Please shout out where you encounter them with as much detail as you can. Will be hunting them down as time allows. The only real update to the files at this point is there is a chance the team member you pick may not be able to go with you. It is a small chance but still. :slight_smile: Will post as I fix bugs.

Genius sir, pure genius.

Thank you very much, but still a long road to travel to make it work right.

I can’t get past choosing my team it glitches every time after I get done. Its the part right when your ex calls and you choose an option to tell them to screw off.

@Scrivener
Sorry about that, currently hunting bugs. Thanks for pointing it out. Plan on updating tomorrow night with the bugs I have already fixed. Will add this fix before uploading.

Sounds nice!

@LordofAwesomness

Ok another round of bugs taken care of.

Seems as forever since I was able to post any news on the game.

I hit a wall with the story so I was working on other aspects of the game when I discovered the story was just not working. So I sat back and took a hard look at the story. Did a lot of pruning and restyling. Now the story was flowing again.

The next problem was all the bad code. Kept causing errors that were very complex to try and solve. That is what you get when starting a hugh project and not understanding cs. Have learned a lot since then, but no master at it yet lol. So I have started fresh. I took about 20% of the old story and worked it in, but have started new code.

So I have made good progress the last few days. I plan on putting updates as I finish each section. For now you can play up to the inventory, then you hit an error. While I am working on this section bug hunting would be very helpful, please and thank you.

The next update will have the inventory complete plus going to try my hand at installing CJW’s save system. So here is the link enjoy, and sorry for such a long pause.

http://www.lordirish.com/Ghost/web/mygame/index.html

@CJW thanks for spotting that bug. When picking your team it will appear as you can keep choosing. Will fix this on the next update.

I also need to fix, you can pick your team size, up to 5 members. So you can just pick one and say the team is full.