Ghost in the library(wip 57k)

Thanks it affects all of them it is the same varible I forgot to set up.

For now this project is closed. I bit off a lot more then I can chew, I have learned a lot of programming so far. However to accompplish what I want in this project I need to know a whole lot more. Pushing on with a few much smaller project, hopefully these will help me to learn more coding skills. Once I feel confident I have enough skill I will rezoom this project thanks.

Shucks. Well, good luck to you and I’ll keep an eye out for your other projects.

Sorry @Shoelip, I will still be working on it but the complexity is causing me a lot of trouble. This project will be completed. One day but until my skills match my scope I have for the game its at a snails pace for progress for now.

@lordirishdas I enjoyed what I got to play. Will you upload it here when you’re done making it?

@Martin_Brody thank you very much. I have stepped back from this project while I work on my dungeon crawler. What I am learing from that I will adapt to this story.

In all I have close to 20 chapters planed but was having many many issues due to the complexity. I hope to have the DC complete in 9 to 14 months then will return to this project.

I have four more smaller projects planned as well along with 3 to 4 DC, depending on how well the first one goes over.

Glad to see your recent silence hasn’t been due to forgetting us. I do really hope to play a more complete version of this some day.

@Shoelip my job as a truckdrive does not leave me a lot of free time. So I watch the board make a few comments but the rest of my free time is split between family and writing.
I love to spend more time writing and reading other stories on the board, and feel bad I can not comment on a lot of the good stories that are being written.
I really want to get back to this story but hip deeep in the DC and trying todo two stories at once is a bad idea. Lol
But when I do get back to this story i have a better vision of how it will play. Going to recode the first chapter to make it simpler to work on. The content should stay the same.

Cool, I’ll look forward to it! And your other games. :slight_smile:

it eeps loading ut no website

While I am not currently working on this project I was leaving it up, but not sure what happen as the link seems to be down. I will fix this this weekend. Thanks for pointing it out @Jacobself

wheres eapora

Hes still doing it just taking a hiatus voldemort

It is paused for a time, once I finish the other game will be back on this.

I get an error when I pick my team members.

There is a flaw which I will fix when I get back to this game.

Taking a break from my other game to work on this one again for awhile. Currently switching it over to the latest version cs. Have had a lot of time to think on this game so hoping to make good progress on it once I have it all converted.

Cool. Good to hear.

Just an update on my progress. Have most of it converted, but adding lots of new content and code. So only page one of chapter one is even playable. This is just the intro so not a lot to see. I have added in the option to buy equipment, I am also rewriting all of the NPC’s. They will be a fair bit smarter and interact more freely. Of course this is a sizeable chuck of code I am writing so no timeline on when I may have this ready. Once I finish this section, I will be rewriting page two. This will bring the new depth of the NPC’s into play. Seems as I am back tracking here as I had originally been on chapter two where you enter the Library. Sorry about this, but I want to create a story you really become involved in. I will be pushing hard with my free time to try and get back to chapter two soon. The current link for the game is:
http://www.lordirish.com/Ghost/web/mygame/index.html

I have the day free so hoping to accomplish a lot.

That is great to hear because I really loved this game! I think I found an error though… I wanted to choose my own name and whenever I type the letter of my middle initial it shows me this: line 178: Non-existent variable ‘cusermiddle’ :confused: But when I just pick one of the choices already there for my name it seems to be working fine. Anyways, I’m really glad that you’re working back on this! I can’t wait for more updates! :slight_smile: