Generic Introduction Thread? .v

Wow. I am living in Hong Kong. And I am Chinese, by the way.
Totally forgot to introduce myself xDD!

Hello everybody, my name is Stephen, you may call me Kelfezond please.

I am 21 years old, come from England - Portsmouth and am a Security Guard (I am also currently in a computer games designer course from home).
I am an avid Gamer and I adore snakes, I have 4 Royal Pythons myself and am hoping to breed two pairs in the next few years.

Amazing how varied the selection of people is who like these games!!

Hello everyone! I’m a 19 year old college student from the United States; I split my time between college in New England and my hometown in the Pacific Northwest. Fittingly, I discovered Choice of Games on New Year’s Day of this year, and I have been effectively captivated ever since. :slight_smile: I’m currently working on a game of my own, slowly but steadily.

Hi there I’m Lavonte from a small town in VA. I’m a student and I’m hoping to finish high school with a good understanding of coding and programming. It’s pretty hard but maybe I can eventually get into CoG as a coder or at least support the developers in anyway possible.

@Lavonte

ChoiceScript is actually one of the easiest programming languages you could hope for. I don’t know if you realize, but Pauzle, the author of Popcorn, Soda… Murder? is/was in high-school when he wrote that game. So, don’t think that you can’t do it just because you’re young!

Wow!!! laytonia… I was kinda shock to learn that you live in Hong kong!!! Hahaha :o don’t mind if I ask some questions about China And Hong Kong??? anyways I live in the Unites States of America…California to be specific… hope to hear from you soon… Duces!!! although you must be asleep right now… so uhh good night…:stuck_out_tongue:

“Baby,I’m Honor-Bounded.” >:D<

@jasonstevanhill

That’s pretty astounding. Popcorn was a very good CoG and the fact that it was a mystery and not an RPG makes it even more interesting. I actually have thought of at least trying ChoiceScript ad experimenting with it. I never thought I could make a high quality game like Vampire or Broadsides, but I’m pretty confident that I can make something decent.

Hi everybody! I’m a fantasy & science fiction writer who is hoping to make a game for this fine company soon. I think these games are just about the most fun thing ever, to play and to write. :slight_smile:

Hello, everyone! I discovered this company via Twitter which led me to Choice of Broadsides. Being a big Honor Harrington fan (and a slightly less Horatio Hornblower fan) I really enjoyed the game. That, and I cut my teeth on Choose Your Own Adventure books as a kid and text adventure games on computers. Not to mention traditional pen & paper RPGs.

@mishellbaker completely agree!

also tinsoldier i got hooked on this kind of thing due to reading those choose-your-own-adventure goosebumps books as a kid :'D

I’ve loved this company ever since I discovered choice of the Dragon on my iPod one day, about when it first came out actually, and since then, after already having the urge to make my own game, became enthralled at the prospect of making my own games!

I already have a used copy of Darkbasic language and have tried a few other things but I detest the idea of having to learn a programming language. That’s why this is perfect for me and is something which should be advertised as an alternative to everything else out there which either costs a bomb or requires hours of memorisation and insane logical skills. As long as you don’t mind the idea of your game being text-based there really are no limits!

On a side-note I also make levels on LittleBigPlanet; as you can tell I like making games, but in the laziest way possible :smiley:

Hi out there. I’m a German, software developer by profession and satirist as a hobby. I enjoyed the existing CoG stories (particularly Choice of Broadsides, since I liked the Hornblower and Aubrey/Maturin books very much) and I think everyone agrees that it would be great to have more stories/games, at least when they are of the same quality! The combination of good storytelling, interesting decisions and consequences makes the quality. Of course I started writing my own game but time will tell what will come of it.

Hello, I’m Daisy of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I’m a graphic novelist and a writer. I just adore these Choice of Games simply because the amount of effort you guys so obviously put into your work, the freedom you give the player to shape the story their way as well as having engaging, additive plots to each and every game. I always await eagerly for what you guys will do next and I hope you have a long line of wonderful, successful text based games. ^^ KEEP IT UP!

Hi, everyone! You can call me Viri. I found Choice of Games through TVTropes (‘Video Game Caring Potential’ had a link to Choice of Broadsides). I’m an aspiring author, so the biggest appeal Choice of Games has for me is the quality writing style. I love building characters through these games, and as someone who fancies herself a character writer, a wonderful part about CoG is that a certain amount of roleplaying is encouraged. This helps keep replays fresh and makes me feel a little less like I’m just ‘playing a game’.

I’m also a lesbian, so I was ridiculously glad to see that playing as a gay character will always be available to me here. My initial reaction to that was basically…

“FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF YES.”

Chibz here. Love RPGs, Choose your own adventure type games. Love playing, thinking about writing. :slight_smile:

Hi. I’m Hannah. I hail from southwestern Virginia. I probably sound incredibly childish to you all. I have played all the CoG games and haved enjoyed each of them. I like to read. I also just realised how boring I must sound.

BeacauseISaidSo: No you don’t sound boring at all :slight_smile:

Well, hello everybody :slight_smile: I’m a Amanda and I live in Sweden. I’m 18 years old and I adore the CoG games. haha, don’t know what to say… I always finds it so hard to do these presentations. I love reading, writing and play video-games (and other thngs ofcourse). For the moment I study drama while I wait for this bright idea about what to do ‘when I get older’.
And english is not my native language so I hope I don’t screw up the grammar to bad :slight_smile:

Eira: You blew my English out of the water.
I put “haved”. Just another failure of the Virginia School System.

(insert generic introduction here)

Hi, I’m Steve. Live in england and I’m 15.

I find it really great that CoG has attracted such a diverse crowd. I hope we can learn from one another!~