Games With Good Romance?!?!?

I’m curious which game that is. Would you tell me the title in PM? I don’t think that’d cause conflict.

1 Like

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned “Congresswolf”. Many or some may argue with the quality of work of the story/game. For me, the story/game remains an acquired taste. Its a campaign manager/election simulator and with a good romance path if you know how to balance the campaign and your “love life”. Issues related to race relations (in this case werewolves) and civil rights plays a big role in this game.

3 Likes

I understand why people might not like the game. As a political junky, it has a special place in my heart though! :stuck_out_tongue: I also love Abby a lot for some reason!

2 Likes

Hero Project: Open Season.

1 Like

I still didn’t yet finish a playthrough but so far it certainly didn’t remind me of any of the THP games. No unnecessary politics and preaching, which makes this game more enjoyable for me than THP: OS was.

@Cari-san
The comments were actually about the "linearity " of a well written story … in the sense that earlier choices seem to make no difference regarding some of the events this may be true with the earlier event on the accident of JJ Havoc, where all choices lead to the same outcome (we are going to beat him in the tournament ) , and eventually we will enroll into a reality show … but once we reach the point of deciding Ecstasy’s fate ( on taking banning substance ), choices we make will be relevant and have a different outcomes in future events… especially when we reach the love triangle part :smile:

I think someone already mentioned it, but I would like to echo naming Vampire House. While I only played the Elizabeth route so far, it was a very enjoyable experience and I was left wishing I could spend more time in the world. Also, I found all the characters very interesting and fleshed out.

1 Like

I agree… Vampire House is actually my first HG/CoG title…

Elizabeth is my main love interest too , the moment when it was written she stand in front of the balcony to confront a group of mob, where our MC is the one throwing a stone at her…i know there is something special about her, and her method of “revenge” is both funny and heart warming … especially the scene when she forbid us from telling her mother we were the culprit :slight_smile:

I would advice you to try Malka romance route too , it is well written as well i thought she is a witch but she is actually a zombie, this is the ONLY story where i can romance a zombie …and her explanation on why she remain single is breath taking , that was because only a certain “group of people " with " weird” interest had ever thought of romancing an undead but Malka trust that our MC is not such type of people … the final party scene where we need to convince her to come down is cosy too…definitely deserve a play through :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks! Good to know! I will have to try Malka out at some point then! Ya, Elizabeth is pretty great. I was originally kinda iffy about her blackmailing someone in desperate need of a home, but considering her explanation of why she can not stand up to bullies, and the fact your MC definitely deserves it, made me come around on her methods :stuck_out_tongue:. I also like the redemptive arc the MC goes through if you go that route.

2 Likes

I definitely love Elizabeth 's black mailing , what sort of black mail when she simply wrap her arm around us by declaring we are her buddy ? ordering us to take her books and opening doors for her ? that’s exactly like what Roxanne describe, only a boy friend will do that for a girl …Lol… that’s how gossip spread about Elizabeth having a secret boy friend :smile: and don’t forget the way she tries to put out fire off our shirt with all the servants watching… Elizabeth is the sweetest Vampire :grin:

3 Likes

I know! Her blackmail is so simple and sorta petty! I think I might have missed that little bit with the fire though! When the library gets firebombed is when this happens, right?

2 Likes

Yes … Elizabeth was so worry and guilty about ordering us to arrange books in the library …our reply to her action was funny too…Lol Don’t forget about the scene when we told the bully we are Elizabeth’s friend too …the bully was shock and said " You are with her ? You freak !!" Lol

1 Like

I will admit, while the stat raising stuff in Vampire House is not my favorite (or that I couldn’t really hang out with everyone if I wanted to end up with someone), it definitely shined the strongest when it came to the relationships. Elizabeth is definitely my favorite from the game.

But I never did understand what was so odd about how she was trying to help you with the fire. Can someone explain that part?

1 Like

It was actually meant to be cosy and heart warming so MC ran out from the library with residue of small fire all over the shirt and sit on ground surrounded by many people (mostly servants) who just stare (and gossip ) without laying a helping hand, Elizabeth rush out and start putting off those fire , showing the care and kindness that normally no one notice …well she is a Vampire and MC was suppose to be just a guest/servant, i can imagine the scene will be so “weird” and that’s why the servants were gossiping from around us, Elizabeth paid them no attention, it was MC who warn her about the servants’ gossip (reminding her it was the similar reaction from school mates when they were at school) …Elizabeth brush after hearing that and just ran away without saying anything,thus making the scene more “entertaining” :slight_smile:

Honestly it was my first HG/CoG, so i didn’t pay attention or understand about the stats …i was just turning the page by chosing various choices and read the story …until now i still don’t think there were stats that matter ? :slight_smile: i play through both romance route with Elizabeth and Malka without problem …

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining. Every time I got to that part, I was always like ‘You’re just helping me put out the fire on my shirt. Why is your face turning red?’ :sweat_smile:

I have far too many favorite moments during Elizabeth’s romance to pitch just one of them. But I like to give special mention to the ending, when MC tries to be smooth (for a second time during that night) and asks for another kiss since they were so out of it at the hospital and couldn’t remember the first one. And Elizabeth was not buying that for a second (and neither was I), but she plays along, sharing a second, sweet kiss with the MC…and then MC hears their mother cheering the background and you know she won’t let her child live that down any time soon :rofl: (I’m pretty sure that Elizabeth’s parents witnessed that moment as well, even if it wasn’t mentioned)

I ended up noticing it due to not really being given a clear indication how high was high enough the stats needed to go to do certain things in the game and because I at first tried to just get to know all the characters in one run, only to learn the hard way that it wasn’t really possible (because certain stats needed to be raised to fully finish at least one romance). :sweat_smile:

On that note:

Another romance I personally have a soft spot for is with Choice of Deathless’ Wakefield. I love the snarking and romantic tension that can take place between Wakefield and the MC; it was nicely paced, has the right amount of sweetness and bite, and the conversations between the two still bring a smile to my face. And that ONE line in particular that Wakefield can say at the breaking point of the romance cracks me up to this day :joy:. At that point I was just like ‘Will you two just kiss already!?’.

7 Likes

Ahhh… the kiss scene, Yes ! it was always the cosiest moment , but had you tried Malka’s route ? i only tried it once so i remember faintly … did they ever kiss ? i remember faintly that the kiss was cold ( since she is a zombie ) , there seems to be some unique moment when romancing a zombie so i need to replay that route one more time … but kissing a zombie require more courage than kissing a vampire :slight_smile:

Actually, I did do Malka romance at least once or twice (like I said, wasn’t fond of the stat handling but the way the relationships developed made up for it). Don’t remember if it was the cheek or the lips (pretty sure it was the cheek), but I’m pretty sure Malka does kiss the MC in her ending. And heck yeah, there certainly was a lot of courage taking place in that kiss, particularly from Malka’s end and that’s what I loved the most about her romance: the trust and courage that took place between MC and Malka. Malka has a lovely personality and while she did get a bit hesitant when MC expresses feelings for her, she didn’t push them away too much. She actually talks with them about it and MC genuinely listens to her worries. By the end of the romance, the trust that develops between the two felt strong and natural and the ending itself gave the feel that it may not be a completely easy or simple romance, but Malka and MC were going to put their all into making it work due to that care they had for each other

1 Like

Yeah… Malka seems a lonely and “sorrow” character that is longing for true friends that is not zombies themselves, so far she only had Elizabeth and Roxanne …she tried very hard to conceal her identity , she basically screams when her zombie friend was about to expose her identity …and she was happy if we never known about her true self by continue to go shopping and drink with her. If we never pursue her romance , we may never know about her secret…like i mentioned i thought she is a witch and usually i just continue choosing Elizabeth’s path but i was just too curious who is Malka? then i decided to choose this route one day and wow !! it never disappointed , i still remember that scene about when i was thinking whether i want to text Malka for a date, so i consider about it few minutes before finally click the send button , then immediately the ring tone rang from behind me and i got her reply straight away, i turn and noticed Malka was behind me all along… seems like she was waiting to see whether i will continue our relationship without wanting to push her luck , and she was waiting behind me all along…watching me hesitate to click the send button for few minutes, i feel so ashamed that i might broke her heart if i decided not to send then, and Malka was just so happy when i finally sent her the message … i also feel so bad for her when she explained she needs to put on such heavy makeup in order to cover her lifeless and pale figure…she said undead is the least acceptable super natural among humans, while humans can tolerate the existence of Vampire in school … a zombie will be immediately expel from the school :disappointed:

Vampire House just make all these super natural beings so adorable , and whenever i watch a zombie movie these day , my mind somehow wander to Malka and think "they didn’t do my Malka any justice at all " Lol :blush:

3 Likes

I would definitely second Choice of Deathless’ Wakefield, i’m a sucker for rival romances and that one is literally my most favorite not just for rival romance but of all the CoG romances i’ve tried because they’re not just rivals they’re also snarky friends and i’m like all for that. (Fallen Hero’s Ortega is creeping up there now tho)

Another good game with romance option that i’m not sure is mentioned yet or not is probably unnatural, lakota is a sweetheart.

17 Likes

That makes sense. Tho imo it’d still be better to compare it to the original Heroes Rise trilogy than the Hero Project doulogy.

1 Like