Games With Good Romance?!?!?

I second this atm it only has 3 ROs I believe (Rosie/Butch Dr.Mortem and Ortega) however that’s subject to change when part 2 comes out. (Not sure when that’s planned if someone knows I’d love to)

2 Likes

Rosie and Butch aren’t romances only Ortega and Dr.Mortem. Also there will be a Part 2, Lady Argent and Herald are the romances added in for it.

5 Likes

Checked this thread in the hopes that I’d find new interesting games to play but the only game I didn’t play yet out of those mentioned here is Slammed! And I’m quite worried that the wrestling thing would make the game uninteresting for me.

3 Likes

I was worried about that as well, but it was so well written that I didn’t mind. I would really recommend you give slammed a try. I think you can try the demo on the website if you are still unsure. The romance and character development is excellent.

7 Likes

I second @CaraBell. I didn’t care about wrestling at all before I played Slammed!, but I had heard good things and I’m glad I gave it a try. The characters are great, and it actually got me a bit interested in at least the theatrical part of wrestling in the end.

12 Likes

Thanks @CaraBell @SirEdmund and this is why I can’t make up my mind. Everyone says such good things about that game, I don’t remember reading even one negativ review about it… Oh well, time to go and play the demo.

4 Likes

You won’t get much from the Demo…in fact i almost miss it after playing the Demo, but after doing more research about Slammed ! ,i decided to take the risk and purchased it… and it was well worth …things only catch up after the Demo :smile:

The story writing is main attraction …

5 Likes

I joined the dark side. And I bought Slammed!
Hope it’ll be worth all that money. I think this must be the CoG/HG with the highest price.

8 Likes

I hope you like it! Like I said, I don’t really care about wrestling, but I did really enjoy Slammed! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Actually there are few more titles that are as expensive … i think Tin Star is also around that price :slight_smile:

It will worth the money with its rich character development ( in term of story based on choice rather than stats ) the romance interaction is deep and really feel like your love interest care for you…

as a wrestling fan myself, i especially love those style of move and its story background :smile:

i believe the female MC will have some extra story (match) towards the end , you will understand when you reach that phase :slight_smile:

Hey wrestling is cool… especially if you follow the non main stream independent circuit :wink:

4 Likes

But Tin Star is 4x longer than this game and it’s really well done so I think that game can be excused for being expensive.

Wrestling isn’t popular in my country either and even if it would be, not everyone is a sports fan so I can understand @SirEdmund s reasoning.

3 Likes

Yupe…agree about Tin Star’s length, " wise use of time" also around the length and price of Slammed ! right?

and agree about wrestling too, i was actually intent to joke about it :smile: … well, that’s not really a sport … as describe in Slammed ! , it is more like an action drama or pop culture :grin:

Hope you do enjoy it …

2 Likes

Wait, Wise use of time is that long? I have been waiting to pick it up, but I might have to get it sooner if it is about as long as Tin Star! It seems quite good!

Ooopss… my mistake , i meant it was about the length of Slammed ! not Tin Star, my apology :smile:

you might want to do more research about wise use of time , there were some complaint about it …i am not sure it suit the taste of everyone…

Is it even as long as Slammed? It’s been a while since I played that one so maybe I don’t remember correctly.

According to the total word counts… Slammed ! and Wise use of time seems similar but on a single play through, i think Slammed ! is much longer … there were suggestion that Slammed ! is actually a “improved” version of a recently "hotly debated " game ( i won’t name that game to avoid conflict) , i agree with this statement in the sense that the story of Slammed! may be a bit “linear”, but it was well written and make us “feel” that the choice we make are relevant , especially with the character personalities part…

In the end, Slammed ! is as well written in term of “novel writing” as that game , so Slammed ! will have a longer journey regarding the adventure of MC as compare to wise use of time …just an opinion

4 Likes

Interesting! I will certainly look into it more. I have played the demo for Wise Use and enjoyed it. I guess I will also have to look into Slammed! as well… Not to sold on the premise, but so many testimonials on how great it is…

1 Like

I should retract my statement, I actually find wrestling more interesting now precisely because I enjoyed Slammed! so much :slight_smile:

I also just watched GLOW, which was fantastic

1 Like

I had always assume wrestling is “real” , but after reading Slammed ! and understand about the internal operation of the wrestling promotions, i realise those matches were actually scripted where the wrestlers will “work” with one another … Now i will not angry when my favourite wrestlers lost because i understand they are all scripted like a movie :slight_smile:

I also hadn’t realized how much planning and cooperation went into a match. Now I can understand getting into the drama and storylines of all of the wrestlers. GLOW relates them to soap operas and I think that’s a great analogy.

1 Like