Games With Good Romance?!?!?

There’s a lot of overlap with the other answers but:

Guenevere is fantastic and despite only 3 romance options (so far) there’s a lot of love triangle/square options and all of the scenes are great. I fell in love with Arthur REAL fast.

Choice of Vampire’s route for Silas (? If that’s his name, it’s been like 4 years since I played it). It’s really brief but it was my first intro to COG and I’m really fond of it.

Heroes Rise with Black Magic is good, although in hindsight I agree it was very forced (at the time it was how I wanted to play it anyway, so it was easy to ignore railroading). Super dramatic if you’re into that.

Eagle’s Heir also had some good romance, but some of them are super short and some of them are doomed. Alexandre was my favorite although it required you to accept a relationship that started very close, since there was very little buildup

11 Likes

I loved:
-Captain Amro in ‘Empyrean’.
-Finch in ‘A Study in Steampunk’.
-Vega in ‘Choice of the Deathless’

I don’t see them getting a lot of love over here (Black Magic steals everyone’s hearts), but I adored them.

14 Likes

Finch seconded, I can’t believe I forgot about him.

6 Likes

Vampire house, everyone

11 Likes
  • Choice of Romance - lots of ROs that increase with every game in the series, different ways to romance ROs (the honeypot achievement for de Vega was LEGENDARY alright), fleshed out characters (well it’s across three games after all)

• The Eagle’s Heir - am I the only one? I thought all of the ROs were rly well characterized and with interesting backgrounds &motivations. Okay, some of it may be my weakness for historical fiction speaking but… The romance between your best friend and MC Alexandre was rly sweet and touching even though I don’t think it’s possible to actually marry him.

• Samurai of Hyuga - the ROs here aren’t all developed yet (or at least, I assume they’re going to be eventually romanceable w all the ship teasing), but the bare bones and dynamics are intriguing. There’s a nice balance between sweet platonic budding romance and simple protectiveness for your charge of dubious age, insane twisted unhealthy obsession with your childhood rival, oblivious pining with your street fighter friend (please tell me Hatch is an RO!)…

Oops, I think this list is starting to look like a short list of my favorite games. Well I guess good, heart-wrenching, pulse-pounding romance in COGs eventually boils down to a good level of player involvement and believable RO dynamics/build ups.

13 Likes

Exscuse me if I get the names wrong; I have sort of recently been revived here, but I think Fatehaven had good RO options with good backstories to them (Lowell the cat for instance)

The Evertree inn was also quite good in the RO area
Samurai of Hyuga
Choice of Romance
Unnatural
The one with Damien the demon in (lord help, super sorry to the author for I have forgotten the title)

That’s all I can remember for now…give me time and I will get back to you all on this.

7 Likes

We’ll for the record I was not in to black magic, and not just because she was a dead ringer for a Pomeranian with Gilbert Gottfried’s voicebox.

I thought Madame Vice would have been far more interesting.

4 Likes

At first I thought Madame Vice was RO lol but alas Zach didn’t feel the need to go for an on again off again chaotic relationship :disappointed:

2 Likes

That sounds like an excellent description of the Black Magic romance but the emoticon makes it seem like you aren’t being sarcastic.

2 Likes

Maybe you already know this about Samurai of Hyuga but Hatch is not a ro

4 Likes

:broken_heart: a haha I didn’t laughs through sobbing but thanks for the info! Do u know the list of confirmed ROs?

Pomeranian with Gilbert Gottfried’s voicebox :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I haven’t seen this listed here yet but Heart of the House had a really good romance, it wasn’t forefront but I actually loved how it was written so well into the story.

24 Likes

I haven’t seen an official one by the author but Tosh/ie is definitely one. I’m sure Momoko will come back so probably her too. Idk about Masashi/mi or Jun/ko.
Here’s the SOH author’s post about Hatch not being a ro Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

5 Likes

The Hero Rise trilogy is a good bet. Though, the Black Magic romance was ruined for me in the second and third book. I ended up romancing Lucky instead.
Creatures Such As Us
Killing Time
Hero Unmasked

If you can manage to get the ending you want (which I didn’t)
The Eagle’s Heir
Heart of the House
A Wise Use of Time

5 Likes

fallen hero is great for romance and just released.

23 Likes

dont forget Zombie Exodus : Safe Haven (12 RO so far, each with their own romance scene :smirk:)

11 Likes

I’m surprised no one’s mentioned The Wayhaven Chronicles yet. That game’s got amazing content if you’re after romance.

78 Likes

Totally agree! I especially love the freedom it gives. You don’t have to align your MC’s personality just so to please the RO. It is quite refreshing!

33 Likes

I agree! :smiley: it’s actually quite fun playng with different personalities.

2 Likes