Game Requests/Ideas

I’ve always been a fan of Wuxia fiction, and I have noticed the lack of the usually Chinese-exclusive Wuxia genre here, so I have aimed to create a story under the Wuxia genre;

Edit: Choice of Kung Fu wasn’t exactly Wuxia; traditional wuxia seldom involves emperors and dragons, which sort of puts it between mythology and wuxia. Also, I felt that the magic stat destroyed it a bit, as did the presence of foreigners. Anyway, this is what my planned story is like:

It all starts when you were a child. You are enrolled in a combat school, with only one master of Kung Fu there. He teaches you, along with four other (then) young children, whichever arts you wish to learn. He taught you the way of his path, whether it was the white path or the black path, allowing you to enter the Jiang Hu in later life, and favours you to be his successor, calling you the most promising of his students.

However, just as he was about to complete the traditional ceremonies to allow you to leave his tutelage and enter the Jiang Hu, you are attacked by masked enemies. Although your ShiFu is one of the greatest masters that walked the Jiang Hu in his youth, he had retired himself from the Jiang Hu and no longer practices his own martial arts so much, and you are vastly outnumbered.

Holding off the attackers on his/her own, your ShiFu orders all of his five students (including you) to escape. As you flee, you see one of the attackers stab your ShiFu with a poisoned blade, dying in the process.

As you flee, you are pursued by the remnants of the original 30 something attackers, which have dwindled to 20 or so. However, despite the ten that your ShiFu killed, the five of you combined are still too weak to defeat them, and flee onwards.

Eventually, you have reached the edge of your ShiFu’s domain; guarded by fast flowing waters, there is only one spare boat left that the attackers couldn’t find and burn. You may only take one more of your fellow students with you, and the rest of them valiantly hold off the attackers until you have escaped.

You are now in the Jiang Hu, but not as you have hoped… you are wounded, penniless, and your ShiFu is dead. You and your chosen fellow student swear vengeance on the attackers, and take up the task of avenging your fallen comrades… But who were those masked attackers?

That is how the story starts.

You set yourselves a vendetta to avenge your fallen brothers and sisters, and hunt for the truth from fragments. Along the way, however, you find out many, many things about your ShiFu’s past… Why would someone proclaimed as the greatest master of all leave the Jiang Hu and travel to the far west? What did your ShiFu involve him/her self in while he/she was in the Jiang Hu?

Each and every one of the attackers has his/her own tale of vengeance. Was your ShiFu deserving of death, and were those attackers deserving of death?

That is my idea. I know, I’m too long-winded. I can’t help it, it was an idea that has been fermenting for three years, ever since the first hosted games came out…

@Wyrmspawn That sounds like a really great idea. :slight_smile:

Thank you, I had been working on this one for a while by now.

I’m now working on a fantasy-setting story, where you get thrown in prison with three others and you need to survive, or even escape. You can achieve that by maybe charming the guards into helping you, or forming a good relationship with one of the other inmates. Maybe you can pit them against each other while you stay at the sidelines and use the confusion to escape. There are a lot of possibilities and what you can do depends heavily on your interaction with the other inmates and the guards. There is also a skill system, but that is less important since you can compensate for your lack of skills by choosing the right companion.

I’ve always wanted to see a modern day military story. I wanted to start one but I can’t find the time.

I would like to see a pacific rim type mech robot type one

I want a cheesy romantic game :DDD haha… I was thinking of making one, and still might if I get writers block…

Also, I think a spy game would be magnificent. I remember someone talked about creating a game that took place during the Cold War a long time ago and it sounded magnificent. Think of the secrets! The guilt! All the chances to be a sly asshole!

And to everyone talking about a revolutionary COYA, my game How the Cards Fall is pretty much going to be one. Well… like 3/4 of the paths are. The last one is more like a one man revolution, haha. (Shamelessly self advertising? Lolol)

@slycooper11 Ugh, that would be so cool. But I think half the fun of mecha are the visuals.

i would like to be a person in the military. classes being, sniper/scout, tactician, and solider(like navy seals). in near future setting with wars in Africa, Asia, and Russia. you were raised in America(though you shouldn’t have to be American) and thanks to potential you’ve shown you are now on the front lines and dodging bullets each day

@potato I’m working on a game that’s kind of a supernatural story being stuck in a town by a spirit and the town has a soap opera type feel with deception, romance, and power struggles. Is that cheesy enough for you? Should have it ready for testing mid August.

@spyfox259 Yesssss. All you need are spies and it would be perfect.

@spyfox259 Wheeee! That sounds fun! I want to play.

@FairyGodfeather Well I’m already working on it with the coding expertise of @XxLordNamelessxX so two brains and it would be better off foot but so far we only scratched the surface. By mid August the intro and chapter and a half or so should be up if I keep it on schedule.

@potato there is a mysterious character who very well could be a spy. We’ll see if I could make it so.

I think it would be interesting if you made a game based in an elite high school mystery type thing. Where you are a new student or teacher who just transferred to the school that has an ancient unsolved mystery within its walls.

I would be very excited for a game where you are the leader of a country, and you can choose the Capital, Leadership, Government etc. Where you can put peace treaties and wage wars. I would be a Just Ruler with a Direct Democracy and an empire from China, to Arab.

I think a game where you played as a ‘god’ would be great. You would play as either a good moral god(dess) or an evil demonic entity that eats the souls of the dammed, or a mortal raised to a more lofty life as a god/demon.
Not sure what the story could be, it could be similar to Choice of Dragon, were your just living life and you deal with events that you come across.
The events could be how you deal with the spread of your religion, do you end up coming off as a cult, or a genuine religion?

These are a few stats that I can think of off the top of my head…

Moral alignment (easy one, evil demon god or nice happy god. 1-100, 1 evil-100 nicest god in town)

Fame (1-100, 1-nobodys heard of you, 100 everybody knows that your up there, no doubt about that.)

Worshipers. (#) how many of the unwashed mass’s believe in you. Affects prosperity.

Prosperity (#, equivalent to current U.S standard.) How much money your people spend on you, temples, offerings, the quality of the offering, holy relics, Etc.

And as a neat filler you could add what your ‘Avatar’ among the mortals could be: spider, boar, a little maiden, floating linguine beast, Etc.

I can think of a few possible endings based on a few of my stat ideas:

One were your religion continues for millennium, and you grow in strength and power until you become the sole god of the realm, crushing all who oppose you. (relys on having absurdly high fame, and average wealth)

Another can be that while your religion has long been forgotten, the monuments your people built still inspire awe in future generations.
(not the best fame, absurdly high prosperity.)

Another could be were no one remembers you, you fade out of memory, and no one ever gives a flying Sh** about you ever again on this world.
(low fame, low prosperity)

You destroy the world as it plunges into insanity, forest fires, earthquakes, diseases, every single ability at your demonic hands is exploited the hell out of, (in a quite literal sense) as you bring about your own Armageddon. You then grow bored and move onto the next world. And the next. (requires less than 10 morality.)

You quickly eradicate disease, suffering, strife, and eventually, death. Every one lives the best life in the entire universe. Nothing every terribly bad happens. You have created Utopia. Can you save another world from its own vices?
(requires morality higher than 90)

Just kind of thought of this as I wrote… The idea came to me when I was running the cult in Choice of Dragons… Not to mention Sims, or Cid Myers.

(You know what? Frack it, I admit, I want to play god. literally.)

How about a game were your character runs a taco truck and one day a mysterious stranger sells you a new ingredient for your tacos but the nrw ingredient starts turning people into zombies and now you have to survive the zombie apocalypse using only your knowledge of taco making

this sounds interesting :open_mouth:

I have an idea for a title, but so far no story to go with it. The story would be called Editor’s Choice. :smiley:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Game Ideas For Authors