Consolidated Thread of Game Ideas For Authors

I would love to see someone do some humorous takes on fairy tales, like the Dealing with Dragons book and following series or that one series… Thousand Kingdoms, I think? Which has fairy godmothers who were fairy tales that never got to the big moment. The first book was about an Ella Cinders. She uh. Accidentally went home with one of the failed questors, one she turned into a donkey. (“So you want to act like an ass? So be one!”) Romance inevitably ensued

4 Likes

I am writing this game. Slowly. I have been since the cscomp this year.

You play a Fairy Godmother, on your first mission, who didn’t pay attention during your mission briefing. You arrive at a ball with a Prince seeking a wife, and have a few mysteries to solve. Like where are all the Princesses? And why are there two Cinderellas here? Does that guy in the dragon mask really plan to eat people or is he just too into character? And the greatest mystery of them all, why is it called a ballroom if there’s no balls here and what can you do to rectify that?

And how does this game fit into the theme Poisonous Intent? :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Oh yes I got to see this. When’s a demo going to be up? Also can we bad or good. Because I really want the fairy tail to have a bad ending just ONCE

2 Likes

When I write it. :stuck_out_tongue:

The theme is Poisonous Intent. And the Fairy Godmother is extremely silly and incompetent. You’re working with very little knowledge of the mortal world, (it’s your first real visit there) and an extremely short attention span, fuzzy memory and low boredom threshold. The Fairy Godmother’s definitely their own personality as opposed to being a self-insert.

You’re special! You’re the first Flower Fairy to ever become a Fairy Godmother, and you can choose to be Thorny, Poisonous, or Stinkblossom, amongst other flower types!

I’m not sure if/how an evil path is going to turn out. There’s certainly some endings more evil than others, and some things you can do that’d definitely be called evil. You should be able to claim power for yourself and go for entirely selfish endings.

Some of it’s playing on the themes of whether Happily Ever After really means happily ever after. As well as themes of free will. And is forced happiness due to magical means an actual happy ending?

I have actually read those books @Moonie_Leitmotif mentions, and certainly the Tradition is something of an inspiration for how some magic and kingdoms work. Although the fairy godmothers are entirely their own different thing than those books.

8 Likes

When ya gonna write it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Asking for updates…

8 Likes

How about one where your a cop and gotta work your way up the chain, Similar to LA Noire.

1 Like

Sounds intresting brought for my curiosity to take over.

1 Like

Probably would be similar to A Wise Use of Time.

1 Like

Oops! Wrong thread. My brain is futzed today!

I liked the idea of a Wise Use of Time.

Choice of Robots is just immense, it’d be absolutely crazy for anyone to start a game hoping to be like it. It’s a hugely complex game.

One game style I would really like to see are psych evaluation games. A game with [insert story here], but a lot of important choices test your morals. Dilemma is a small example of that but I think a more in depth game that isn’t focused solely on the moral choices would be a good idea.

1 Like

For some reason when you say psych evaluation I think of the Zap Dramatic games which are supposed to teach negotiation skills. http://www.zapdramatic.com/dramas.htm

1 Like

I’m playing ep 1 right now. “She’s trying to frame me, Bridget!”

1 Like

It’s been years since I played them. I think they were released on Newgrounds. Ah yeah early 2000s. I think they were an interesting idea of trying to teach skills using a form of interactive fiction.

Only I remember the voices being so annoying.

1 Like

Hi i am kinda new to this. I been on the forum for a while now but recently decided to make a account. Anyway i am suggesting an ideal for a game mostly because i don’t have a laptop or desktop in making the game my self. Anyway here is the the ideal for the game. You play as one of the unstoppable movie killers. The environment and background should choose on the mc playing style. Example:If in forest character should be fast and agile or having your having your character should give unique abilities to the player. Their could be differnt type of killers like mutants, crazy cultist, Physcopath, and mentally broken just to name a few. And environment should vary to an old asylum to a cabin in the woods. Ending should be differnt like if the victims help save you from that life or you could have kill all them merciless. Any way that all folks cya later. (sorry if their a game like this if development i did not know. I spend most of my time in wip and sorry for any spelling and grammer mistake. Not a fan of either of them)

2 Likes

You can code on your phone too, apparently, so you don’t necessarily need a computer. Anyway, I just moved this to the proper topic.

3 Likes

@MadHatterM Sounds like Dead by Daylight, but an IF version. I’d totally be up for something like that, and yes, you can code/write with your smartphone and/or tablet.

1 Like

Choice of a secret society
Start your own secret society and unravel the mysteries of the universe or choose to control the government behind the people’s back.

2 Likes

That’s good I think I might have to use this one

1 Like

I also have this other idea but it would be more plot heavy than the first

Choice of Kings
Rule your own kingdom, expand into an empire spanning across the globe, create the first modern state or throw everything away in pursuit of romance.

4 Likes