Consolidated Thread of Game Ideas For Authors

I want someone to make a Twilight Zone themed game that has many unexpected plot twists. I like games with deep, relatable three-dimensional characters. There should be many well thought out romancible characters and the player should be able to choose the MC’s personality, likes and actions.

ok it has come to my apparent reason that I cannot download choice script for my laptop :frowning: but fear not, for I have come up with a solution…I basically post them and hope someone will take them on for me. so here are my top three, just complain if they are rubbish.
1)
Name: for once I knew you
Genre: Si-Fi/ romance
Idea: it only seemed like yesterday when I met my soul mate, but who knew I would only know them for a week? no one that’s who.
you were once the best scientist in Britain, 1913 when Britain had just won the WW1 and had defeated Germany. You and your staff had a day off for your contributions in the war effort, when you met him/her in a café. love had hit you like a punch in the face, the love-struck idiot you were you decided to introduce yourself to them and they had also had the same love-at-first-sight moment you had. you dated for a week when it happened…Aliens! they took you and your lover from the park you were walking in, and froze you for 1 year of your life. and when you awoke you found yourself on an Alien planet, your lover was taken from you, on a knew planet in which you science defies what is a British scientist to do exactly?
aim: the three path I have decided are this (they are stupid I know but hey)

1. start a detective agency (even aliens have crimes)
  2. start up a café, and prey that alien like tea
  3. join their intergalactic army (you may be scientist, but you do know what a gun is…now where’s that trigger?)

Idea 2
Name: soul stones
Genre: Fantasy
Plot: when children in your clan turn 13, they need to summon their soul stone, a stone that shall represent your soul for the rest of your life and be your companion for life. but if you don’t summon it you are in BIG trouble! and when the MC fails to summon theirs that is when things start to go very wrong, the family throws them out, the village turns against them and even their friend despise them thankfully there was some creep in a hood to help you and manages to get them out of trouble with their Lance soul which he has on his dagger but who exactly are they and how did they know? 13 is really the unluckiest number.
aim: the MC gets their soul stone depending on their actions through the first three chapters and also gets to name their hooded hero. also they can choose to have their soul stone on a dagger, ring, bracelet or necklace.

Idea 3
Name: My friend the Fox
Genre: Fantasy/ romance
Plot: saving a fox is more trouble than its worth, especially a nine tailed one from Japanese legend and what’s more your only a poor exchange student from the USA! you don’t know how the act, think or even their infamous magic so you can’t leave them at home, so the only reasonable idea is to take them to university with you…what can go wrong?
Aim: the MC can be male/ female/ neutral and the 9 tail fox can be male/female so an even choice but can be changed, if the fox is female the name will be Shukio, if male Ninsan.

these are my ides and P.S sorry it was posted early my computer ran out, and if you are willing to take one of these ideas on PM me please, I mean these great ideas are just waiting to be written…will you be the one?

2 Likes

So, how do my ideas sound? Good?Rubbish? Well if not here’s a crazy one I came up with last night.
Name: Among us you are (title is rubbish)
Genre: Si-Fi/fantasy/romance
Plot: Aliens, Supernatural, Time trackers they are all real and you know all too well. It started when you brought that odd looking wardrobe and now you and your family revive frequent visits from the urban legends themselves, using your wardrobe as a one of the many portals that populate earth.
Aim: the MC has to make sure that them and their parents keep the unusual creatures that visit earth/time zone out of trouble.
If anyone requires any new idea all you have to do is ask.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, and it’s nice to hear your ideas, but a lack of ideas is not usually the problem when it comes to writing a game in ChoiceScript. That tends to be either a lack of time or a lack of coding skills. If you have an idea you really want to see turned into a game, it’d be a safer bet just to try and write it yourself.

3 Likes

Some of us can’t code, allowed to download choice script or have the time to write it so I am in a awkward situation. So this is my best bet.

You can’t, for example, try to put it on dropbox instead of directly onto the computer? Or on a USB-drive? It’s not a method I’ve ever used, but I think ChoiceScript can also work from there. Otherwise there’s still the IDE, or you can try to code from a phone. If you need help with coding, there are a number of tutorials floating around the forum, and if you need more help than that you can always ask.

1 Like

Find a co-writer or a coder to partner with. You can’t download choice script you say? You don’t need to if you’re a writer. Send your partner what you’ve written through email, and let him/her code it into choicescript.

I have close to no coding skills, though I’m trying to learn little by little.
But I’m making a game right now with a partner, and we’re just about finishing the prologue.

If you really want to make your ideas into reality, just do it. Stop making excuses. If there’s a will, there’s a way. Good luck.

5 Likes

Please keep in mind that most people on the forum consider themselves writers, not coders, so it would probably be difficult to find someone like that. Not to mention that you aren’t allowed to advertise for coders.

Difficult, yes but not impossible. I’ve found several. Hang around the forum, and you’re bound to find one. :grin:

There are ways, my dear Cecilia. There are many ways to navigate the long and winding paths of choicegames. Of course, you already know it. :laughing:

One idea I’ve had for a while is taking the classic trio of Princess, Dragon and Knight and being able to play as any of them and mix things up. Maybe the nice Dragon is protecting the Princess from the evil Knight, or the Evil Princess has a Knight locked up and he needs his BFF the Dragon to rescue him. That sort of thing.

Also a game where I get to play a dinosaur.

1 Like

Would you want to be a sexy dinosaur?

Sorry. I’m off topic. I do think that a Choice of the Dinosaur game could be pretty cool, though.

1 Like

Only if I’m allowed to perform a sensual mating dance.

5 Likes

That’s disgusting dude, but yeah I can’t find a co author and since you can’t really advertise for them they are hard to find, especially someone who knows how to code.

Build a framework until you find your better half my friend. Just write perfect the story note your branches and when you finally cone across a coder you’ll have a meaty story to bait them in with.

You know a kinda taste test of the literary kind.
Not to mention it gives you time to hone your craft.

And if there ever comes a point you CAN use the chooch script program tranferring your work over is as easy as cut and paste. Just havery to apply code in the right spots.

And to be honest it’s hard to get started but once you grasp the basics coding gets a lot easier.

2 Likes

You make a fair point, but sometimes things for me to do with writhing is not always easy. But as soon as I have permission to download choice script, I will start to write some of my stories.

@Kelvin is coding for @Xavier_Kirton

Did someone say co author and mention my name?:smiley::smiley:

maybe…
but now there isn’t enough time for me to learn how to code but I still write stories which I love doing so getting help from a coder ma be my best option so I guess that is something to think about.

I like to see games written from a different perspective. Like instead of always being the adventurer, we should be able to be the monster. The two slime monster WIPs were good and choice of the dragon was good, so I think there should be more works like that.

A storygame set post nuclear apocalypse told from the point of view of a mutant would be interesting.

I like games were it explores your life from childhood to old age.

A game that explores being a parent/ guardian to a child would be fun. We can see how our parenting styles wether strict, lenient, helicopter, or in between impacts how our child turns out. Do we buy the new video game that the child wants even though it’s rates R? Can we coddle the child so much that they are 40 and still living with us or be so mean that they never speak to us when they’re adults? Will our spouse support us or do we have to go through dating while having a young child? Can we be a crazy inlaw to our child’s spouse? That game would be so fun.

There are very few games that have a well written “bad guy” role. Usually the bad guy is evil for no reason and/or they’re crazy. This is part of the reason why I don’t like playing a villain MC. So, a game with a well written “villain” MC who is logical and not completely self righteous and delusional would be good. The Red Spider series by Studio Wasp was good at this. You are an assassin, but you have morals and a tragic reason for being an assassin, but still take responsibility for your actions and don’t blame others for your life and don’t hate others like you.

2 Likes

[quote=“Sovereign2Lilith, post:121, topic:15254”]
I like to see games written from a different perspective.
[/quote]I agree.

Instead of being the prophesied chosen one, you’re his/her friend or rival.

Instead of being born with reality-bending powers you’ve only just discovered, your cousin was.

Instead of being a legendary swordsman who has bards across the lands singing his tales, you’re his lame twin.

Instead of being a handsome hero, a wealthy merchant or a noble king, you’re a downtrodden peasant struggling to survive day after day.

5 Likes