Consolidated Thread of Game Ideas For Authors

A young blacksmith/enchanter.
A prodigy making Excalibur level weaponry, caught up in the greed for power.
Some want you dead to save lives from your weapons.
Some entice your service with all that glitters
Some attempt to capture you or steal your secrets.
You may even have to protect yourself with your own weapons and witness the terrible carnage they wield.

Should you continue making such things and change the world or hide away for fear of all the terrible things.

9 Likes

Not much to go off of but here I go
In the world every one basically has a destiny or fate that they are “programmed” to follow, only the person who has that destiny can know about it, maybe through some magical means people can’t talk about their destiny/fate. Unbeknownst to the MC their best friend/rival/lover or whatever you want them to be, their destiny is to save the world, while MC’s destiny is to die, so that the world can be saved.

I was thinking that the MC can be evil or not, but whether MC is evil or not they go down a path that is supposed to lead to the end of the world, which is what leads you to your destiny/fate, while your BFF or whatever they are chase after you, they think its because their your friend or whatever, but it’s actually to fulfill their destiny by killing you.

Maybe the story could be you trying to find a way out of your fate, which could be the very thing that leads to what is supposed to be the destruction of the world.

2 Likes

Random, Crazy thought:
You could look at Twilacore @ Wattpad 's works and turn one of those into a choicescript game (With her permission of course)
She has a lot of interesting story starts for fantasy and sci-fi.
(Did I mention, get her permission first)

1 Like

Hey, I heard of her. Keep meaning to read her stories but never find the time :sob:.
[P.S Wassup guys! I’m still alive…what do you know? :grinning: :peace_symbol: ]

2 Likes

MC lives in an utopia; gone away are things of the past such as serial killers, gangs, terrorists, diseases and other conditions that prematurely end lives. One day while visiting the somewhat poorer regions of the country, MC begins experiencing frequent blackouts and memory loss surrounding the visit.

While investigating the cause of the episodes, MC finds out that their utopia was brought at a price.

The existence of mythical creatures is true and the insatiable blood lusts of vampires and demons was the cause of all the negative events of the past. Unwanted and unmissed humans in the slums are being sacrificed to keep the peace while faries use mind magic to erase the memories of anyone too close to discovering this world

What will the MC do when they discover the secrets of the new world that they have gotten involved in?

2 Likes

Their is a beauty in simplicity, imagine story of travel from the bottom of a mountain to the top the character tells you a sequence of events in his life and you must decided the outcome of the event and the perceptive the character views on the event all while reaching the top of the mountain that represents more than a giant piece of earth but conflict, are character represents humanity, your choices on each event represent your own outlook on life the conclusion when you reach the mountain top will you return to the valley below or stay a top this mountain.

2 Likes

Much like Friday the 13th (this is if someone could get the rights to an Alien game) it would be cool if there was a game where one player would play as the Alien, and 6 or 7 players would be survivors on the ship. Different map locations could include the Nostromo, Hadley’s Hope, Sevastopol Station, etc. Different playable characters could be Ellen Ripley, Amanda Ripley, Dallas, Parker, Lambert, an pretty much anyone who had been in an Alien movie or game. Special Characters like Ellen Ripley (special because she is the most popular Alien character) could be something you have to pay for just so people can support the game and get something from it. Different Alien types could be the Xenomorph (default) Neomorph, Deacon, and the Alien Queen. You could even include a Predator as paid DLC, and possibly even the Predalien from AvP. A cool separate game mode could be Alien vs Predator, where there is an Alien, a Predator, and a few survivors. After all the survivors have been killed/escaped, The Alien and the Predator would fight. I know that it is likely a game like this is not going to be made, but I thought I’d at least share the idea

I don’t think you would be allowed to write a game with characters and locations from the Alien movie franchise unless you had permission. But if you made some changes to the story like names, locations and the plot then I’m positive you’ll be fine.

Edit: Never saw the sentence where you mentioned that it was just a what if idea so my bad. But the thing is that this project would require permission from two different movie franchises to make this happen since you mentioned the Predator and PredAlien. And Friday the 13th is mainly funded by online fundraisers and I’m sure the creators asked for permission because they had Kane Hoddler act as Jason for the video game and I believe they created a new Jason from scratch with that guy who did the make up effects or something like that for the DLC only thing. It would be a very expensive and massive project for a developing team to do so.

Yeah the only reason I had thought of this was because I was playing Friday the 13th when I thought it would be cool to have a game like that based on Alien. There were games like Colonial Marines where you could play as the Alien in multiplayer but it just doesnt feel like you are that powerful of a creature like the Alien is supposed to be

Choice of the Biosphere, an interactive ant farm game

While browsing online for supplies for a work project, you come across a do-it-yourself terrarium from the oddities store and decide it will be a suitable place to test the microscale population systems you’ve been working on. However, you soon discover the system has a mind of its own and its development is based on the features you add.

Take on the roll of developer in this interactive “ant farm” game.

2 Likes

I have an idea for a plot.

How about a half-breed of some sort who is forced to eventually choose between one side of his or her racial heritage or the other?

Yes, it needs more to it, lol.

The idea isn’t bad but like you said it needs a lot more. I think if written correctly it could be the premise for a good game though. I think something you could add and focus onto the story is adding characters that are close friends to the player on both sides. That way when having to pick between the 2 groups it’s not just about the groups ideologies but the people the player meets making the choice all the more difficult/interesting.

Choice of a Mischievous Ghost

1 Like

Steampunk. Lots and lots of Steampunk.
I love Historical Fiction. But something that isn’t touched on too much-- is the lower caste in Victorian stories.
I think A Study in Steampunk brushed on it with Townsend and the Revolutionists–
But playing as a street urchin stealing to survive, or a simple merchant who watches greatness happen is kind of untapped.
Maybe because there hasn’t been a writer to make being boring exciting without thrusting them into a huge protag role?

1 Like

I have a few ideas I’m keen on, that I might never get around to.

Technicolor Wasteland

Inspired by Jet Set Radio. In a city with quirkily-themed teenage street gangs and semi-magical roller skates that allow you to stick to nearly every surface, you need to navigate turf rivalries, the cops, balancing your social life and schoolwork with your responsibilities to your crew, and avoiding the real organized criminals who could easily bring your group of friends into the dark side, or the ground…

I was thinking something like Community College Hero’s equipment system to handle the skates, and a Real/Kayfabe-esque opposed pair to show how much your street cred is interfering in your personal life. Maybe the setting is some kind of animesque mashup city, like San Fransokyo, or Neo Yokio.

A Distant Echo

You awake on a derelict spaceship. As far as you can tell, you are an android, about to be forcibly dismantled by a group of ruthless space pirates. Your only ally is a voice in your head that claims to be a friend. How much of any of this can you trust?

I was thinking a psychological thriller, mixed with the good old fashion System Shock blend of horror and action.

3 Likes

Here’s a suggestion for authors who don’t know what to write about… Survival, if your looking for inspiration try the hatchet series. I’ve been watching a lot of Naked and Afraid and think it would be an interesting and fun topic.

The Forest is a video game that might be used for inspiration, also Touching Spirit Bear (only the survival part :p).

I would think a cool interactive wuxia novel would be cool with all of the cliche back story parts like dying going to a new world, being horrible at fighting until magical things happen to make you stronger, growing so strong you become the most OP person in existence, etc.

1 Like

A deposed dragon king/queen/royal cursed to walk as a human hybrid as your throne was stolen and you were cast from the city above the clouds to the earth below.

The journey of being a wingless dragon that can shift into a scaled and horned human at will as they find a way back to the sky and survive the world below. Monsters, dragon slayers, hero’s, and more.

Inspired by a meme I saw lol

7 Likes

a ghost game where instead of the ghost trying to kill you; its actually trying to annoy you so you acknowledge its existence (got the idea from a prompt on Pinterest)

That sounds almosy like my first WIP only the ghost is actually an imaginary friend.

1 Like