GaaaaaMeeeeees

Rockstar continuing to show why they dominate the open world video game genre.

I am questioning what the absolute fuck this is, because it certainly doesn’t look like a game.

Westworld 0.5?

It’s not. Rockstar plans to force anyone who bought their game to be put inside it. They’ll spend the rest of their lives being griefed by players and ran over by horses.

Arrr ye ready kids?

Let’s not forget about cd projekt red and Ubisoft :slightly_smiling_face:

CDPR and Ubisoft both do really good games but I still think Rockstar comes out on top with open worlds like RDR2. Based on people’s first impressions of it, this game will most likely set a new bar for the genre. Geoff Keighley’s impressions is an example:

If its even half as good as they say it is then RDR2 will definitely keep me tided over until whenever cyberpunk comes off. (I love the cyberpunk setting too much and theres so little)

One more question, and I will acknowledge rdr2 as the open-world game that sets the bar higher.

Mods?

When the PS5 and next Xbox comes out so Rockstar can double dip by re-releasing RDR2, then putting it on PC. :smirk:

To that end, Intel revealed its new Core i9-9900K, which Intel says is “the best gaming processor in the world. Period.” The i9-9900K offers eight cores and 16 threads, clocked at base frequency of 3.6 GHz, which can be boosted up to 5.0 GHz.

Along with the new Core i9 processor, Intel is also announcing new 9th Gen Core i5 and Core i7 models, too: the i7-9700K with eight cores and eight threads, and base 3.6 GHz clock speed (which can be boosted to 4.9 GHz); and the i5-9600K, which offers six cores and six threads at a base 3.7 GHz speed (which can be boosted up to 4.6 GHz).

Preorders for the 9th Gen chips open today, with the processors set to ship on October 19th. The chips are priced far more modestly than Intel’s pricier Core X, too: the Core i9-9900K is set to cost $488, the i7-9700K will cost $373, and the i5-9600K will set you back $262.

Intel announced seven new Core X chips today, set to release sometime in November. Those include the Core i9-9980XE — the aforementioned 18 cores / 36 threads Core i9 Extreme model — which has a maximum turbo-boosted clock speed of 4.5GHz and will cost $1,979.

There also five regular Core i9 X-Series chips, ranging from the 16 core / 32 thread $1,684 Core i9-9960X, to the 10 core / 20 thread $889 Core i9-9820X, and a base Core i7-9800X model with eight cores and 16 threads for $589.

And for professional users who need even more firepower, Intel announced a new 28 core and 56 thread unlocked Intel Xeon W-3175X processor. Base clock speed is 3.1 GHz, boosted up to 4.3GHz and it’s set to ship later this year in December. No price has been announced yet, but it likely won’t be cheap when it does hit stores.

These prices are crazy.

Awesome transparency here:

Same.

That’s great that they’re adding directions instead of solely relying on lazy quest markers. Reminds me of Morrowind.

IMO every remotely large open world game should have an option to use both.

edit:

Uh-huh, or you can spend half as much on an i5 and get practically the same game performance. Unless you heavily multitask or need one for work, an i9 is a pointless money waste for a gaming rig.

Exactly. For my desktop build, I’m going to stick with a Ryzen 5 as i5 CPUs are more expensive, looking around. Still waiting for component prices to go down…

Nope youre not takeing my money today . intel.What do I need an i9 for when I can give my i7 7700 a little oc. For extra juice.

AMD processors seem to be comparatively more affordable?

Phil is going all out on this one.

Microsoft is close to buying Obsidian…?

(Are you sure you would like to buy Obsidian?)
(Do you need help with… Buying Obsidian?)
(Hi, my name is Cortana. Would you like me to help you buy Obsidian?)
(Obsidian is also known as volcanic glass. Why would you want to buy this?)

Hm. Not sure how to feel about this👤. I liked tyranny and pillars of eternity 2 was well just OK. For me. Not as funn as original sin 2. And not as great as their earlier titles like nevewinter, kotor2, new Vegas. Etc. I just hope they can maintain their classical mastery of story telling. If it hapens. And Microsoft dosent mess them up.

Huh, I never thought it’ll be Toast hosting the vid. Today, I saw the video with his channel name below the thumbnail and I was like “Yo, socially awkward bread is socializing with the world.”