GaaaaaMeeeeees

The sixth anniversary sale for Guild Wars 2 is now underway.

@a_shoggoth I ended up buying Living World Seasons 2 and 3 (got the 1600 gems package for £17) as they are on sale for a limited time and it’s the lowest prices I’ve seen them at yet. LW2 is 800 gems (50% off the original price) and LW3 is 720 gems (25% off the original price). My friend will do the same when he returns from his holiday, assuming it’s still there of course.

While I can’t play these until I reach level 80, we’re levelling quite fast and should reach level 80 by the time the next sale for these starts. The next sale for the complete LW packs might be worse than this one, so I just went ahead and got them now.

Nice, enjoy the living world and tell me what you think of it. I’m not gonna play the game for a while, Monster hunter is out soon and in gonna be going deep into that.

Eh, I lost faith in the game when I found out it was only multiplayer. This doesn’t really change anything for me.

Will do, but it’ll be a while before I am able to play it. xD

Oh yeah, MH:W is coming out tomorrow on PC. Hope you enjoy it. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it is multiplayer-only. The game is very solo-friendly but of course, it’ll be more enjoyable playing with others. If you’re mainly interested in story, then GW2 is quite bland in that department.

This came out of nowhere.

Oh yeah, heard of that just recently.

Still more excited for the Doom Eternal gameplay reveal, tbh. Mostly because I’ll actually be able to play it once it comes out. Can’t say the same for RDR 2 (no, I’m still not buying a PlayStation. Or any console for that matter).

CBP 2077 not being at gamescom is rather disappointing. 4-5 years of radio silence, followed by a big bombastic trailer, only to peter out in the following weeks is a tad irksome I’d say.
Journalists can only churn out ariticles for so long until they dip into the abyss that is ridiculous speculation and long wish lists.

Hope it doesnt launch to people being disappointed its not what they wanted after imagining up their “ideal perfect game” after 4 years. I adore the source material too much! :sweat:

Rockstar is probably going to wait at least a year until they put RDR2 on PC similarly to GTA V, unless they retain their stance from RDR1 and avoid PC entirely.

Yeah, the game is still in pre-alpha and CDPR’s president said it isn’t close to being final at the moment. Some people have split 2077 into 20/7/7, suggesting that 7 July 2020 could be its release date. Sounds quite reasonable but CDPR have clearly stated that they’ll release the game when it’s ready, so… :man_shrugging:

Its weird because during their investors conference they have another aaa game coming out by 2021. Of course this may have been delayed.

Yeah.

There are rumours going around that their other AAA title could be another game set in the Witcher universe. CDPR previously said that it won’t be called The Witcher 4 since the main series will be kept as a trilogy. It could focus on one of the other characters though.

I own The Witcher 1 on GOG which I got for free from a Gwent promotion but I don’t know when I’ll play it with all the other games in my backlog. I know you could skip it, jumping into The Witcher 2 instead but my PC isn’t powerful enough to run it properly. Plus, I’d rather play the previous games first before getting The Witcher 3.

Looks incredible… aaaand no PC release still, of course.

Meanwhile I’m still hoping for a Red Harlow cameo.

:thinking:

Looking that character up, they are from Red Dead Revolver. It’s a shame I can’t play that nor RDR1 because I don’t own any of the consoles those games are on. :slightly_frowning_face:

More news:

Another gaming store. Discord Nitro members ($4.99 per month or $49.99 per year) will get access to a selection of games they can play for no additional fee, which reminds me of the vault games in Origin Access. It’s good to have more competition anyway; this could even be threatening to Steam due to Discord’s popularity.

Discord Store launch line-up

• Dead Cells
  • Frostpunk
  • Omensight
  • Into the Breach
  • SpellForce 3
  • The Banner Saga 3
  • Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
  • Hollow Knight
  • Moonlighter
  • This is the Police 2
  • Starbound

Discord Nitro subscription games

• Saints Row: The Third
  • Metro: Last Light Redux
  • Darksiders : Warmastered Edition
  • De Blob
  • Tormentor X Punisher
  • Dandara
  • Kathy Rain
  • GoNNER
  • Kingdom: New Lands
  • System Shock Enhanced Edition
  • Super Meat Boy

A solid launch lineup too.

If this ends up becoming true, it would be an excellent acquisition for Microsoft.

I have a lot of fond memories of Revolver. Too bad all my ps2 controllers are busted at the moment.

Sad. :slightly_frowning_face:

This is one of the times where I wish I had an Xbox One because I could play RDR1 there as well as several other previous gen games via backwards compatibility. The Xbox One X looks amazing but I know it’s a better decision to build a PC, no matter how long it takes me to save up for it.

Another online store huh… It’s good I suppose since this will provide competition. More competition = competitive prices. XD Still, Steam SEA prices is more affordable for me than direct US conversion. :joy:

I guess I can count Discord as another launcher based on this news… make that 8 launchers I now have installed on my laptop. It never ends. :laughing:

So after this showed up again on my Facebook, thought of posting this here.

Now, let the possible disaster commence.

The wonderful and glorious Super Smash Bros. Ultimate just continues to get better with each direct. I’m a huge Smash Bros. fan so just assume this entire post is biased to the extreme. That’s always a safe way to go about your business.

First off if you haven’t seen the August Smash Direct, here it is

From here on out spoilers if you really don’t want to hear about new characters without seeing their reveals first.

Firstly, R.I.P. Luigi. It was great for you have your own year, but all good things must come to an end.

Secondly, SIMON BELMONT from Castlevania makes his appearance in Smash. I remember playing Castlevania when I was just a really small kid and my brother and I would take turns on even just the first level because we were so bad at the game. Eventually we muddled our way through but those horrific memories still haunt me. And I’m so happy to see Simon in all of his original glory, from his amazing walk animation straight out of the NES era, to his trademark wall turkey making an appearance.

Of course Simon isn’t coming in alone. It seems Castlevania fever overtook the team because along with a new stage with all of Simon’s monster bosses as hazards, and thirty-four music tracks for ONE stage, Richter appears as Simon’s Echo fighter. If I’m being honest, I don’t know much about Richter, but he makes a cool addition to an already massive roster. The Grand Cross Final Smash is crazy, and even their disjointed whips with a slight delay on the attack are glorious. Richter being a third party echo fighter also opens up the possibilities for fighters who aren’t Nintendo owned. We could see a Ken for Ryu, or even a Shadow for Sonic.

Two more echo fighters who I’ll spend less time gushing over are Chrom and Dark Samus. When I first watched the Direct Chrom was hard to place, he ultimately ended up being Roy’s Echo, but he has Ike’s Ether, and what look more like Marth/Lucina’s base animations. He’s more of a love letter to the Fire Emblem series as a whole in Smash. And Dark Samus is Samus’s Echo, very cool idle animations, but from what I saw, very few changes. At least not nearly as many as Chrom seems to have. Overall, I’m wouldn’t die if we missed out on these two, but they were a fun addition.

Now I could go on and on about what Sakurai says in the next parts but I’ll just highlight some of the neat stuff that he made that I didn’t even know I wanted in the game.

• Stage Morphing (Epic beyond words)
  • A certified bajillion of tracks
  • Jump Up Superstar unsung AND sung versions
  • A Final Smash Meter (it won’t be for competitive play, at least I hope not. But it’s a cool idea)
  • The Moon from Majora’s Mask as an Assist Trophy
  • Playing any song from a series on any map from that series. I want to hear Star Wolf’s Theme on every Star Fox stage
  • Shovel Knight as an Assist
  • A really ingenious training stage. I hope that add in DI to the factoring that they make
  • And certainly some other cool stuff I’m sure I missed

Really I have to say, a lot of this stuff isn’t even things I knew I wanted until they were added in. And I’m very pleased with what’s going on. I know Sakurai puts his all in for his games, and I wish other developers would follow suit. It takes gaming from just simple entertainment to a masterpiece.

Before the Direct finishes, we get the regular “We’re working hard!” from Sakurai, and also we get a chance to see the game menu. It’s clean, it’s nice. I wasn’t a big fan of Smash WiiU’s screen, so it’s nice to see Madame Sakurai (she is in fact the one who designs the menus) bring her A-game back for this one. Of course a hidden section at the bottom left is blurred out. I think I saw a post somewhere that went pixel by pixel and found out it’s something called “Spirits”, but I can’t be certain on the validity. Regardless, I really can’t see how Sakurai would not end up making a Subspace 2. And really, I would enjoy that, but I mean that in the sense that he really wants this to be the “Ultimate” Smash game. And I don’t think he’d want to walk away without at least a story mode of some variety.

It finishes off, and we get a sneak peak at some of our favorite characters heroically fighting against their evil counterparts, with the likes of my personal favorite character in video gaming, and my main in Smash, Mario fighting Bowser, along with Link and Zelda fighting Ganon, Wolf against Falco and Fox, Samus against Ridley, and Kirby against Meta Knight. Then the greatest troll of a cutscene trailer thing commences, and we are introduced to the one and only!

King K. Rool! I did NOT play any DK games as a kid, so I am not totally invested in his character. But man, after this I was totally sold on him being in Smash. And the final scene with him and DK facing off is very climactic, for the first time I actually felt for the great ape who once terrorized my red-clad Italian hero. I won’t talk moveset just to save on time in this already massive post, but he has a projectile and a counter, which are unheard of for heavies. It’s crazy. This game is crazy. I love it. Sorry for ranting for a bit.

Honestly, I don’t feel like they need four to six slots for fire emblem characters that all basically play the same. Marth, Lucina, and Chrom have a few technical variances but are more or less the same characters. Both in and outside of smash, they’re all practically the same person.

Yes, Lucina was technically copying Marth…but it’s basically her posing as a blue haired noble whose nice and also naive to reveal that…she’s a blue haired noble whose nice and also naive.

Ike and Roy at least have moves different from those three but are still basically identical to each other in multiple ways. And as characters, barely different from any other Fire Emblem protagonist character to exist.

I absolutely understand that. I feel like Sakurai would’ve been better off keeping Smash to rule like “Okay, we have two slots for Fire Emblem. Marth will remain on the roster permanently, and we’ll switch in a new one every game.” That way each new game corresponds with a different character in Smash.

And I know this is the boring and tired old response, but I don’t think it’s taking away from anyone else’s spot on this game’s roster. If they really wanted someone in here, they would’ve gotten them. I do think it’s weird that FE is the biggest in terms of representatives, losing only to Mario who is essentially Nintendo’s Mickey Mouse, but they are popular characters. I get what you mean though, Fire Emblem characters being in Smash is almost a joke now.