From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

Nah, you’re too adorable.

3 Likes

(Eh terrific, terryfying, at least a dragon is involved)

8 Likes

The day that this WIP gets an update is the day where I will scream like the little girl my MC was when Crow asked her to live with him.

4 Likes

That day will come in the future, with a hand-signed shirt from either Crow or Wraith. Or Stray, for those who like the little guy. I feel like those three are the most liked ones…
Gah, somehow I want to draw those three at the moment Q.Q But I need to write!

6 Likes

(Troy FTW)

And to get back on topic, some spelling and grammar errors/random comments.

The narrow’s background typo’s and stuff:

He owed the wrong men your families whole fortune and as soon as your Mother found out about it was she more than angry, but at the same time desperate.
family’s
mother
she was

Because of that reason, your parents had very often heated discussions that either lead to your mother throwing your father out for a while so that he can cool down his head, or that your mother cried silently in her room while your father was grumpy as hell.
very often had
led
could cool his head

Though not much, for your family it was everything they had.
Though it wasn’t?

When suddenly, your mother became terribly sick, you were forced to steal to pay for her medicine and maybe scrape enough money together for another apartment.
When your mother suddenly fell ill
medication
try to
to rent an

Stealing was the only way in which you could make at least some kind of money,
at least make

Curious as you were, you looked around the corner and saw two thieves running up towards you, a big bundle what you identified with money in their hands.
of what you identified as money

You’ve got a lot of unnecessary comma’s in there… (not one sentence in specific. Quite a lot of them have that issue)

You looked in awe at the money and you were sure that the two guys must have robbed a bank to get this much.
at the money in awe

Not only a moment later, you heard the telltale sound of a cape from above and you looked up to come face to face with the masked face of a man.
Only a moment later you

Black feathers adorn the side of his mask and a pair of mechanical wings peeked out from under his black cape.
adorned

Despite the fact that you knew who the man in front of you was, you ran as fast as you could away from him.
was you ran away from him as fast as you could.

Not that it was wrong to run away, but you’d stolen property in your hands moments before and you were sure that Crow would not let that go so easily, at least not for someone coming from the dark parts like the Narrows.
you’d had

Out of the corner of your eyes you saw as he used the wall to your right to jump over you and block your way.
Either saw that or watched as

You ran straight into him and he caught you before you fell. Well, caught might not be too accurate, given that he just grabbed your shirt and lifted you up like a fussing kitten.
the right word

Hope there are at least some that haven’t been mentioned before.

6 Likes

I’ll be the number one fanboy of the Specter fan club if you need one. :joy:

7 Likes

I’ll be number 2 then haha~

Hmmm does Specter know sign language? He doesn’t talk for reasons still unknown to me but I wonder if he communicates in other ways, or just prefers to keep quiet?

I’m also kinda wondering; do superhero comics exsist in the fawr universe? I mean, since superheroes are real there and the “officials” don’t really like them, are those comics still buyable in normal stores or did the higher-up (try to) get rid of them because they don’t want people to try to become heroes/anti-heroes/villains themself?

This information probably doesn’t really matter but I just love to know more of those universes, sorry if my questions are weird ^~^;

You will find out about Specter yourself in the game, I won’t say too much yet ^^

And don’t worry, questions are always welcome! Besides, they make me think about the universe more.
While Fanarticles exist, comics do as well in some way. There are not ‘official’ comics, however, but much like here people draw comics themselves and sell them over the internet. Fan-comics :wink: The police though would immediately take them away and probably burn them. Or keep them behind bars or something else, don’t really know. The burning part seems to be more the case, however.
shrugs

6 Likes

Hmmm I can’t wait to learn more about him~

I was replaying the game again and I noticed that when you first meet Specter, it says he has black eyes and after that it says brown eyes.
I know brown eyes are called black sometimes but I don’t know if that was intentional this time?

Also " You are officially dead anyway, nobody should look for a dead man anyway. "
Using ‘anyway’ twice in a sentence doesn’t sound that good in my opinion, I think removing the first one would make it flow better. ^u^;

1 Like

I agree xD Specter is kinda cool in that…ninja sort of way xD

and to think I missed that in my wall of text x_X eh xD hum… well for “you are officially dead anyway, nobody should look for a dead man anyway.” that is a little… awkward but it could work depending on what’s before it, humm…maybe this might sound better since that part seems like a though, “you are officially dead right? Nobody should look for a dead man anyway.”

@kazizk This remark has already been made by @Zero :wink:

Specter is indeed intriguing, though he’s not really one of the characters I want to know more about. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i know xD i was giving a suggestion on it xD and a comment since i missed that part when i was bring up spots that were awkward or sounded wrong in that giant wall of text i made way up there some where o…o though im not sure how it would come across so i used lots of smiley faces just in case xD <3 but @Zero is right taking out the first “anyway” would make it better c: mine is more of a if this in the MC’s head and not spoken xD merp sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: found that wall xD comment 3966 xD

2 Likes

I just think that the fact that he doesn’t talk makes him all “mysterious like” and I’m just too curious hehe
But who would you like to know more about? and why~

2 Likes

Personally i’m waiting about Nero’s comeback~

7 Likes

A yeah, the adorable redheaded archer(was it?) that saw you fall to your death~ I’m also curious what happenend to him.

Ah, I need to do so many playtroughs of this game already, I just wonder how many it are going to be when this game is finished…

Eheh, only time will tell us what happened to him :smiley:
Wel given the fact that there is the 3 main paths and quite some things planned i wil say many playthough ?

I have a theory what happened to him :wink:

While all of these characters are lovely for our MC, there is only one who already loves the MC unconditionally.

ACE.

Only Ace realizes who the MC truly is, and you cannot help but smile when the doggo practically leaps to you when it sees you at the park. So heartwarming.

Hence, MC x Ace OTP not in that way, you perverts. But if you wanna tap that I don’t judge :smirk:

9 Likes

You owe me a new keyboard. Coffee went everywhere when I read that :neutral_face:

My creative mind just went into overdrive… I need a vacation xD

8 Likes

But has anyone actually considered that Ace could have been a shapeshifter all this time, OMG that would be so awkward :wink:!!!

1 Like