From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

Ah, then I shall buy all the stock right away!

But I heard rumors she was in fact a cab driver to pay for the production costs, and kidnapping the poor customers for her experiments…shhhhhh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

How dare you accuse me of that!
I only take in dead people! Hides the knife behind her back. :3

Ehem… back on topic, please! XD

6 Likes

How do you know it was- ummm…wasn’t my mercenary? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now I’m just imagining this scene;

Crow: -busts into Morgan’s apartment after finding out he’s alive- Morgan!

Morgan: -sitting in a room dedicated to Crow merchandise- Pops!? What… how?..

Crow: -looks around- Morgan…?

Morgan: I-I can explain…I… uh… it’s exactly what it looks like…

Morgan is also the admin of a Crow fanclub.

I should really draw Morgan when I have time =3=

12 Likes

No prob, I shall ‘drive’ this topics back on the road soon enough.
Edit: but first I need caffeine in my system so I can continue with my story :sleepy:

So…about weapons. May I ask what weapons you are thinking about adding, or is that considered a bit like a spoiler?

Because, to be honest, a bow and quiver of arrows would be amazing. :heart_eyes:

Some weapons are planed, but I am not going to spoiler them yet. And a bow and a quiver full of arrows is already elsewhere included x) Perhaps I will add them another time (or if the demand is high enough… shrugs

Anyway, I will be off for the night, so don’t derail too much guys, or else Rosemod, Snowkitty or one of the others will remind you!

4 Likes

Here is something to make it up to you, @Wraith.

It was the night. 4 am to be exact.

Reaper was sitting on the roof of an old building, his light gray eyes surveying the street below with a bored look on his face.

The street was silent, car were parked along the road, the streetlights were reflected on the windows of the buildings.

The hoot of a owl echoed in the night, its hollow sound sending a shiver through his spine.

Annoyed, he glared in the approximate direction of it, before adjusting his scarf around his neck under the bitter cold of the wind.

What I wouldn’t do for it, he thought, shaking his head.

After some long minutes of immobility and complete silence, the soft roar of an engine captured his attention.

Is that it?

His hope rose, and he lifted his chin, waiting for the vehicle to come into his line of sight.

An old truck went down the street, slowing down right below Reaper’s hiding place, and parked before the front of an old looking shop.

Two men stepped out, one of them short and muscular, while the other was tall, and thin.

They circled the truck, and Reaper stood, ready for the action.

Small lightning bolts sprang from the tips of his fingers and palms, and he clenched his fists, calming down his anticipation for the fight.

Finally, as both men opened the trunk, Reaper leaped from the roof, and his boots hit the ground hard, causing the two men to drop the boxes they were picking up.

Reaper’s eyes followed their fall, and he saw red. Rage flashed through him, and he lost control. He didn’t remember what happened exactly, but when he finally cleared his mind, he didn’t spare the two piles of ashes a second glance.

No, his gaze was focused on one thing: one box, laying on the floor.

He picked it up, absently noting its light weight, and calmly walked away, oblivious to the shop owner shaking in fear as he was watching through his window.

Reaper turned the corner, and finally relaxed his shoulders. He pushed his hood back, revealing jet black hair, and a shark’s grin.

With his knife, he cut the box open and grinned, the first real grin since the last month, as joy danced through his heart.

Inside the box, laid a plush toy. Not any plush, no! It was the brand new Wraithor 3000! Featuring the famous villain Wraith wearing a dinosaur T-Shirt!

Reaper hugged it, contented, as he knew that tonight he would finally sleep well.

I wish I could draw well, I would definitely have made a drawing of Reaper hugging the plush Wraith :joy:

9 Likes

Spiked gauntlets. Or dual tomahawks.

sooo xD a Crow plushie would be amazing xD i think my mc would totally have one and maybe a key chain xD you know…not cause she misses Crow or anything but…to serve as a reminder c: ya that’s it :sweat_smile: hehe well depending on your power you could just pick up a stick or use a small metal rod xD

like twin batons XD if your using the electricity power once you’ve made the weapon upgrade you effectively have two tasers ready to go when ever, although if you just hit someone and time it right you can do that when ever xD

Well, I’m done with the sketch of Morgan in his anti-hero outfit ^u^; It’s painfully obvious that I don’t have my own drawing style yet

Yeah, I gave him that one outfit with many unnecessary belts X3

12 Likes

There’s no such thing as too many belts and bandoliers. :joy:

2 Likes

True, true, that’s why I gave him that many X3 I wanted to add some on his chest but I couldn’t find a place where they looked okay.
I actually had to look up what bandoliers are, didn’t know they were called that and now I also want to add those to his outfit but he really has no use for them… :disappointed:

I’m also drawing him in 2(maybe 3) different outfits, I love my little Morgan just too much~

1 Like

Hey a sewed grin face mask ! My MC have one too :smiley:
fly away

2 Likes

Haha nice!

I couldn’t help myself and sketched 2 more Morgan’s in different clothing. He has a “performance” outfit for specific kinds of clubs. Those are the only places he feels comfortable showing his scars in public. and his ‘bedtime’ look~

I hope it still looks okay because I made the size like 3x smaller so it wouldn't be too gigantic >~>; now I'm probably going to stop spamming you with my MC

7 Likes

So I’ve replayed what you’ve written so far at least a dozen times. This is amazing! I can’t even imagine the amount of replay potential the full game will have! The choice of your power seems more than just cosmetic (which is awesome). I might be wrong about this, but it seemed to me that getting the shadow power helped with sneaking and taking the key. When I played with ice powers I got caught, but with the shadow powers I succeeded in being stealthy. Although, when I chose the shadow power, I also chose the thief backstory… so it could’ve been that. Which would be just awesome since it would imply the backstory isn’t a cosmetic choice.

There was a bit where Crow was getting misgendered though. I made Crow a woman and, in the scene where you can snap at Troy and bait Crow, she was getting called “he”. Still, that’s a minor thing and it only occurred in that instance.

Regardless, this may be the best CoG I’ve played and it’s not even two full chapters in yet! So even if this game takes you forever to make, I hope you’ll stick with it. Because it’s amazing and I’m absolutely sure the wait will be worth it; no matter how long it takes.

4 Likes

Thank you very much! I try to add new content as soon as I can (but with
the heat wave here at the moment, it’s rather difficult to not fall asleep
or melt into a puddle…). Now that the flowchart is updated, it’s going to
be easier :wink:

OH, thanks for pointing that out! I will try to fix that soon!

And don’t worry, I won’t give up on this project :wink: It already has cost me
a lot of time, and just giving up like that is not something I would want.
Besides, if I just gave up, then this has been a waste of time and no way
in hell that is gonna happen :smiley:

7 Likes

three mini MWDs who are wearing cheerleading outfits are cheering @Wraith on at the sidelines
You have my support all the way Pal :+1:!!!

1 Like

(Wraith can’t really drop FAWR because she will be hunted by a terrific dragon)

4 Likes

(Don’t you mean terrifying?)

5 Likes