From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

But… wouldn’t that be mega awkward if the MC gets into a relationship with Troy?.. I mean…that would kinda make Troy my dad…

Exactly. Awkward is the key word. What about the whole Troy situation is anything but awkward?

I really appreciate @Wraith 's writing and she knows my feelings on the various characters but with regards to Troy, there is no way I can ever see him anything but “awkwardly” involved with anyone in the story (except maybe himself but that is something Wraith hasn’t yet explored either).

1 Like

I took one of those things really wrong…
I don’t really know how I see him though, he’s nice enough but… I don’t really have a strong opinion about him, I just think it’s going to be weird when he knows that he’s your successor/replacement.

I really dislike doing lineart so I just coloured the sketch....tada~

11 Likes

Around the spots you see the dust slowly
-disintecrating- the fabric, eating away the cloth and turning the hay inside rotten

you probably mean disintegrating :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As long as you all stay away from writing overlysexual fanfics, I’m good.

Haha.

And speaking of punching Troy in the face, why not have my good ol’ fists as an option?

I want to be a less-pussy version of post-6 months of torture Jason Todd.

The real Red Hood.

There’s a reason, my dear ~

I do not want people to just have the option to punch him, you know? Once was so far enough as both a joke and some kind of revenge, but I don’t want to make it canon everytime we meet him. Also, I don’t want to make the game all about violence.
In addition, yes, the MC is inspired by Jason Todd (and most of his plot line and so on and so forth, but that is already known), but it doesn’t mean that he needs to behave that way. If you want to have, as you said it, the real Red Hood, then you probably should read the comics.

6 Likes

I personally have never heard of read hood, unless you mean the villain from DC that is but that would be unlikely.

Well, Jason Todd later turned into the Red Hood Persona, that is what we mean. Yes, that alias belonged at first to the Joker if I am not mistaken.

2 Likes

rumors says that Joker might have been the Red Hood just before he turned into what he is now. But it’s like all the rumors about his origins.

Yes, and I understand. However, you to have mistaken what I meant when I said that. I didn’t mean I wanted the ability to go 100%, nor did I ever say that this game should allow us to. It was more of a joke.

And, if this game is not all about violence, which I could already tell, then your response makes no sense. Perhaps you misunderstood. I was saying as a weapon option, which would be easier and fit perfectly with the whole not all about violence thing. Guns are and option, as well as a staff and a katana. Only one is nonlethal. I just thought that the selections were too shallow, frankly.

If you want to make jokes, it might be better to use emotes :wink: Smileys help to make it understandable that it is meant as a joke. The way you wrote it above sounded more like you meant it not as a joke ~

Also, Weapons are going to be added, but right now I want to continue the story instead of adding XY weapons to the games to make more variations.

5 Likes

Good thing I’m a terrible writer, I can only draw those things~ :smirk:

I’m out of my element when people are talking about comics, I’m pretty sure I haven’t ever seen a DC comic in real life before hahaha.

@Wraith I’m kinda wondering now, are the superheroes popular in the FAWR universe? Like, do they have merchandise? Could you buy a Crow plushie/poster or something because I want to know if it’s realistic if I imagine Morgan hugging a Crow plush after a bad day while he cries himself to sleep I’m so nice to Morgan, aren’t I?

5 Likes

Got it, bro. :sunglasses:

Finally someone who is with me on saying Joker was the first Red Hood, even though I never mentioned it in this forum but i was right :smiley:

1 Like

Haha.

I want a Crow plushies on my desk, right next to my Batman one. (I wish).

2 Likes

Ok, no one beats me at DC knowledge so here it is…

Barman was chasing down the mysterious villain who has just recently made himself known in Gotham city, and has taken the name of Red Hood. Eventually he manages to trap him in an abandoned factory where they were trying to make a formula to change a person’s personality, but the results were inconclusive. Then after a well fought battle Batman manages to push Red Hood into the chemicals where it was thought that he had died…But he hadn’t. Soon the joker became Batmans deadliest villains, but he never thought that Robin II would take on the reputation of the Red Hood soon after he was revived after a time travel insistent caused by Rip Hunter, ever since then he has been trying to kill Batman and his kids of wonder.

boom!!!

The irony.

@Wraith is focusing hard on both breadth and depth. Great story and game so far.

2 Likes

Yes Joker was the Red Hood before someone did something to him :unamused:

2 Likes

And yeah, Joker was the first RH, before falling into a vat of deadly chemicals that turned him into Mister J. Every DC fan knows that. Every true one.

3 Likes