From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

No, just share your ideas, they are wonderful x)
And who knows as what Stray works during the day… Everyone of the Cast (except for the MC) has a place they work at. Some of them you will find out in the near future. (Or whenever I finished the second chapter completely…)

3 Likes

I want you to know that our breeding machine already though about characters dressing up Stray as a drag queen XD

82 posts all because I asked about a Troy fan-club. I am sweet and innocent.

2 Likes

But does our MC have any official papers? because I think it would be hard for Morgan to get in a stripclub/Drag club without prove he’s 18+ o3o;

I just wonder how Stray hides his eyes during the day

1 Like

Considering one of the options for our MC’s hideyhole is a fancy apartment, I’m sure our MC could afford a fake ID. Or maybe a real one under a false name. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Maybe Matt Murdock style? Plain old sunglasses? Probably uncomfortable when done for a too long time, has to tire his eyelids…well or he just runs more often against things

1 Like
A quick chibi sketch of Stray in his semi-stripper outfit (didn't give him any hair yet haha)

I did tone it down a little, the original showed more skin…

@Sammysam I thought that too but it would be weird in say the winter or if he has a job but hey, Specter is just chillin’ out at a café so why not?

4 Likes

Depends on the job. Maybe he is working in a call center or something with few face-to-face contact to costumers. Or he just tells others he is blind or has some rare eye condition that demands from him to wear sunglasses. That wouldn’t even be that far off the truth.

1 Like

This chibi-Stray will give me nightmares, it look into my soul XD
(No offense, i look foward the final drawing ^^)

5 Likes

And now we know why Stray avoids showing people his eyes…(because of people like you, :cry: Think at poor Stray’s feelings and let him look)

1 Like

Woa, you are mean :smiley: There is a reason why Stray wears a blindfold x)
I mean, think of it this way: Deep in the night, no lights are on, and he’s robbing a store, when the nightguard comes around. Stray turns to him, his eyes fixing on him, and suddenly the nightguard gets a heart attack because he’s so frightened when he showed his flashlight at his eyes. RIP Nightguard. You will not be missed.

2 Likes

@Sammysam The eye condition thing would make sense, yeah. And I used to have a neighbour who could only see with a special kind of tinted glasses so I could see that happen, but I’m kinda wondering what Wraith has in mind :wink:

@HuntedSnake None taken, I just hope I get to finish it, I have no idea what to do with his right arm and his current hair makes him look elfy ^^;

@Sammysam I honestly think his eyes are mesmerizing, but I have a thing for “unnatural” eyes sooooooo, it just made me like him more =3= and I’m sure Morgan agrees with me~

His eyes are 2 precious gems and Morgan wants to admire them whenever he can~

3 Likes

Sorry but i had to XD

2 Likes

Ugh. So many posts I had to read.

Comes upon High Heels Stray posts.
Why? Just, why? I’m not complaining, but why?

No! Not Juan!
He was three months from retirement!

4 Likes

Why? Because Morgan has a thing for men in high heels, I originally thought about stiletto’s so I already toned it down…

Well, I’m doing the final sketch of my chibi and then I can hopefully do the lineart and colouring ^u^
It’s just that the way I nomally colour eyes will make Stray’s probably look creepier.

1 Like

Did I spew my own fan-theory about Troy and Crow yet? Can’t remember. Oh well. Then you’ll just have to read it twice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sort-of fanfic incoming :spy:

In my head-cannon version the MC’s death caused Crow to go off the rails quite badly, becoming more and more ruthless in his methods to the point where he’d fallen to somewhere far down on the anti-hero side of the spectrum. That’s when he ran into Troy, about a year after the MC’s untimely demise. Troy caught Crow in the act of seriously roughing up some small-time crooks and with him being unable to just stand there and watch he attacked the big bird to distract him. Of course the big bird didn’t exactly go down without a fight, and with them being about evenly matched the fight lasted for a long time. Then, with the both of them nearing exhaustion, Troy manages to remove Crow’s mask, only to get knocked out in return. He already saw Crow’s face though.

Troy then uses his contacts to track down Nathaniel, and shows up at his doorstep the next morning. Nathaniel still tries to slam the door shut in his face, but Troy simply blocks it with his foot. “Now listen very closely, old man. If you can’t keep your anger in check, then I will. Either as an ally or as an enemy. Your choice.”

Sensing that he wasn’t going to get rid of Troy all that easily Nathaniel reluctantly agreed to take him on as his sidekick, casting him in the role of Blackbird as a constant reminder of the mistakes he had made. Of course Troy asked questions, which the old bird didn’t want to answer. As a result he ended up resorting to other means, hearing out whoever had been in contact with Crow during those days about the old Blackbird. He didn’t learn much though, only that they died while on a mission with Crow. It wasn’t until Lucian finally warmed up to him that he finally got to know about the person who wore his mask first, and gained a better understanding of why losing them had such a large impact on Crow. Fearing that Crow’d revert back to the state he was in when he first ran into him in that alley if there wasn’t someone to keep an eye on him Troy continued to be his sidekick, even though he’d long since gained enough experience to become an independent vigilante. And that’s when the original BlackBird returned…

17 Likes

You didn’t (at least not as mini fanfic) and I’m not sure if I should be sore because you let us wait so long for it, but on the other side I love that theory/fanfic :heart_eyes: It fits so nicely for both characters.

@Wraith Hey, you can like things again!

2 Likes

Yes, a few things Q.Q
But my likes are still restricted… sighs… I guess I am just to trigger happy with the likes :disappointed_relieved:

@Cecilia_Rosewood
Oh, very interesting! I had not yet thought of a reason why exactly Troy stays with Crow… but I will do so in the very future ^^

7 Likes

They are lovers. Yes, Troy goes there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh, now I get it, you wanted a fanclub for Troy, so you could shamelessly ship him with every other character…

2 Likes