From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

Lel xD[quote=“Blazerules, post:4117, topic:13887”]
Uvhash for example simply revels in his new found power. He’s much more powerful than any mere human and he finds great joy in showing that to them. Maybe even dressing up the corpse in a clown costume, make up and all, only to parade it on the streets.
[/quote]
Your MC is like the joker in a way :smile:

Nope i am a Villain :smiling_imp: How did you figure out my love plans for Troy? :open_mouth::laughing:
No but srsly i got a anti-hero to romance Troy with and the Villian for Stray :blush: Got to love the thief! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh I don’t know, I don’t really hate Troy. I think the hatred is more directed at Crow in the villain playtrough and the outlaw one is just indifferent to the guy.

In fact having coffee with him as a villain felt strangely satisfying tense, but fun nonetheless and I can’t win against Ace. Those puppy eyes. They melted a little of my girl’s cold heart.

Also there’s a typo a the coffe scene: “would only lead to a headache which on hindsight is a stupud idea altogether.”

1 Like

Hey guys ^^

Thank you everyone for the kind words x) I always love to read what you post!
As some of you might already know, I am on a break with FAWR this month for the CS competition. Of course I will eradicate all mistakes and consider everything you guys say in the meantime :wink:

Also, if anyone would be interested to alpha test and give feedback on the game for the competition that I am writing, then send me a quick PM and I will provide you guys with information about the game :smiley:
I am mainly looking for typos and grammatical errors, as well as errors in continuity. ~

Until then, I would say till next month!

5 Likes

good luck on your CS competition

3 Likes

Hey I wanted to say that this game is absolutely fantastic! I’m incredibly excited for the update when it comes!
I also have a few questions though.

How does Crow’s wings work? I find it kinda odd that they would wear it under a cape. Doesn’t the cape get in the way?

Also I noticed that you said Crow wasn’t going to be an RO, which breaks my heart because they’re my favorite character. I know that its been said that the MC sees them as a paternal figure but I always saw them as my mentor and friend. A while back you mentioned that you might make it an option for those who wanted to romance them but it seems that’s not happening?

Are there any funny scenes in the game?
Also what funny scenes can you all think up of? I’d love a good laugh!

2 Likes

-Most of these scenes belong to Stray XD
-There’s also one where Vine slaps you upside the head playfully if you make a certain choice
-Having coffee with Specter can be rather comical too.
-Punching Troy is always funny.

6 Likes

yep, I just can’t wait for the update so its something to look forward to

Here is a one-shot of my MC’s POV, telling how he went from being Blackbird to become a villain.

So, it’s not a happy reading, I warn you.

Brace yourselves

Dear mother,

Today, I live again.

I rose from my ashes, as did the phoenix.

Me, the grey-eyed boy from the Narrows, the boy no one ever wanted.
The boy who saw his mother die from sickness, because he wasn’t strong enough to help her.
Me, the boy who has his father in jail because the man trusted the wrong persons, and didn’t care about his family.

I was a failure. I was weak.

Then you appeared.

You, the vigilante that decorated the walls of my room.

You, the idol I cherished since I was a toddler.

You, the one that was the only light in my pathetic life.

You, the mother I already loved before you even set your eyes on me.

You took me in, loved me like your own son. You, Lucian and Ace were the only ones I loved deep down in my broken heart. You gave me another chance in life.

All those mornings spent enduring your almost burned pancakes, watching Lucian read the newspapers, listening to your banters, drinking every words of Lucian’s lessons and playing with Ace.

You were my Mentor, mother, guardian, you were my world. I would have done everything you asked of me, you were perfect in my eyes.

Then you trained me. Taught me how to be strong, how to be fast, how to fight.

You praised me each time I did something right, when I managed to hit you when we trained, for each move or lessons I mastered.

The things I loved most were the times we played, or watched movies, even if Lucian was the one insisting on doing those things. All of you were my family.

Then came the day you deemed me ready to fly with my own wings over Kalathol, ready to embrace my new life.

My new costume was inspired by your own, black and orange.

I was Blackbird, your sidekick, your own Robin, your son.

And for the first time of my life, I was happy.

Then we both know what happened. Or at least, you think you do.

The bomb. Nero. The fall.

Do you know how long I stayed in this tomb, begging for you to come and save me? Do you know how long I struggled to breath, how long I listened to my own slowing heartbeat, and how long it took me to die?!

Of course you don’t, because you never came!!! I died, and you never even lift a damn finger!

This day, my trust in you died along with me.

"What defines us is how we rise after falling.”
I never realized how true this sentence was until I really fell. Until I died.

The first thing I recall of my awakening was the pain.

A throbbing, unbearable pain spreading in my body like cold fire, a pain so sharp and intense that every breath I took felt like I was dying once more.

The first thing I saw was green.
Green everywhere, surrounding me and trapping me along with the collar and the shackles while I was floating, helpless.

Rage rose within me, as I realized I woke up in a freaking laboratory. I was a bloody guinea-pig, along with others men and women like me.

They brought me back to life, and I killed them. Crushed them like ants, while I relished their looks of terror and pain as my power slaughtered them all.

I spared no one. I was Death itself. I was a demon.

I burned the place to the ground as I left. I wanted it gone, erased from the surface of the planet.

I had one goal, only one. Find you.

And find you I did. Along with him.

So, this is my replacement, Crow? Your new son? As soon as I was dead, you searched for another.

But it isn’t all. He stole everything from me, my identity, my own costume, my own name! He lives in what used to be my home, pets my dog, I bet you even gave him my room, didn’t you?

It was foolish of you to think that he could be Blackbird. This was a mistake you will not make twice, once I would have put a term to his pitiful existence.
Once I will have crushed every single bone in his body and heard his delightful screams of pain will he be allowed to die.

Slowly.
Alone.
Like I did.

But I don’t blame you.

That’s why you will have a merciful death.

You never saw the darkness in me, even as I was young. You never knew a pretty house and good meals weren’t enough to erase this part of me. And it came back alive even stronger when I woke.

Don’t worry, Crow, I will put your lessons to good use.

Dear mother,

Tomorrow is the day you will die.

21 Likes

That was well done! You really captured the whole Jason Todd feeling.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, it was just an idea that came to me. At first I wanted to write a story, but I felt like a “letter”, would convey my MC’s feelings better.

4 Likes

very nice projection of a wronged hero turned villain it has all the right logical reasoning for someone to turn evil at least from my point of view… or at least one of them. I see my villain and anihero as more of a broken individual then pure evil.being brought back to life at only 89% it wouldn’t be too hard to believe that some parts of his original hero self would not heal or carry over as it wasn’t a full revival.then there’s the whole you died and your body was brought back to life so are you really you you or a new you or something running on auto pilot.my Anti Hero is more along the lines of somebody who believes he is no longer the old blackbird and is indifferent to all others as he is no longer a true person

3 Likes

Wow that was some intense feelings in that, I mean…Wow…dramatic but so amazing at the same time. I just started thinking about crows reply…Dark, and I mean really dark.

1 Like

I hope the fact that I dislike Troy didn’t show too much?

I recalled what I felt when I first read Wraith’s WIP, and the deep hatred I had for Troy back then. Then came the villain’s path, a lot of discussions, writer’s block, multitasking, procrastination and finally, I had the inspiration yesterday to write this.

Concerning Troy, I think that @Wraith did an amazing job (a little too well :joy: ) in writing the plot in a way that I felt so much anger and betrayal towards Troy and Crow.

3 Likes

We all have our fictional enemies

Been enjoying the story so far. I like the villain path so far.

2 Likes

It makes me wanna reveal my incomplete scenes for the fanfic. Including a war, Phoenix’s ‘purging of the city’ and a tight knit group of high powered terrorists.

3 Likes

Go for it mate. (20 characters limit. All to be murdered by Uvhash no doubt.)

Wraith is actually in the CS competition (Her topic) so she put FAWR aside while the competition is still going.
@Blazerules, For once i don’t think Uvash can compete against all of them X)

5 Likes

probably not, unless you gave them a bomb or something.

Or a Phoenix.

(20…)

3 Likes