From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

Try that with coffee >.< (I feel your pain)

6 Likes

then there’s the time were you add a little more because it tasted odd and you though it would fix it just to make it worse x_x the horror…

4 Likes

o.o had a fun though for a bit more on the life with Nat and Lucian xD an April fools joke that back fires xD

shortly after midnight you sneak into the kitchen and quietly swap Nat’s favorite sugar with salt trying to get one small prank in before it would be to late. unfortunately Nat was still awake and happened to see you on the security feed, realizing what day it is a soft chuckle escapes their lips before a wicked grin takes its pace. heading down to breakfast you hope you aren’t to late to see Nat’s face after they get their coffee. as you enter Nat slowly pours a cup of their favorite blend sluggishly mixing in the creamer and their favorite sugar, watching while they make their cup you lift what you believe to be orange juice to your lips not paying to much attention…after your third taste of the liquid in your cup you slowly realize that Nat is watching you and smiling, taking the cup away from your lips you slowly turn your eyes to the cup and realize what it is you were drinking…staring at the red liquid in your cup you frantically try to remember what it tasted like when Lucian says, its a little early in the morning for blood. without thinking you throw yourself backwards and trip on a leg of your chair, laying on the ground you see Nat standing above you watching you with a lazy grin, sorry kiddo, I didn’t know you hated strawberry juice, oh and don’t ever mess with my sugar they say, smiling at you lovingly.

3 Likes

As someone who used to get tons of bloody noses as a kid, this would not work on me at all. XD

2 Likes

i know the feeling haha xD every time i had to clean the bathroom id get them x…x thou for me it turned out to be an allergic reaction to bleach xD when my mom figured that out i got per dish duty xD

Ew, what weird presents to get! :fearful:

Found a misspelling

Oh yeah I have two questions.

1. Would there be any way for the PC if they are a villain could they become like the joker?
  2. Would you be able to develop more powers as you progress?
1 Like

I don’t think that could really work. The Joker doesn’t have any consistent goals or motivations. He’s written primarily to be shocking.

Well I think one part that could definitely work is the Joker style baiting. The Joker WANTS Batman to kill him. He wants to prove that even the moral paragon of the entire city (Sorta like what he did to Harvey Dent in the Dark Knight) can fall to his level given he has one bad day.

I can totally see the MC having similar motivations to Crow along the lines of, “I thought I was your son/daughter, but even when I died that wouldn’t motivate you to avenge me” (given the criminals or gang that were responsible for your death were not killed, which I’m assuming they weren’t). The villain MC’s potential motivation could be to entice Crow into finally breaking their rule about killing by threatening to kill Lucian, Troy, and Ace unless Crow kills the MC, proving that Crow has changed to do whatever it takes to protect their family. I fully expect Crow to not snap, and that villain MC to go completely berserk as a result and the following fallout to be amazing to read.

2 Likes

I know what I would say if I were in Crow’s place in that situation. I’d tell the MC to grow the fuck up. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Yeah, but Crow is already pretty fast to beat up Anti-hero MC at the smallest provocation considering MC’s old life as their sidekick. I don’t think they really need a reason to beat up Villain MC, so taunting them/their relationship with Blackbird I is probably enough to push them over the edge.

It really seems like MC death transformed Crow in a loose canon…

4 Likes

Well, the MC is essentially a teen, that skipped the whole “exploring your hormones” part of their life cause well… death. Also the MC just went through a big puberty change, so I never expected the MC to have all of hir screws tight. Many of them are bound to be loose.

Huh, oh, with them in that sentence I actually meant Crow, that MC has problems is clear.

Changed it, should be clearer now,

Oh…
Its 4am. Don’t judge me. 0.o

2 Likes

I don’t, I had enough of those late night posts myself, and it anyway wasn’t that clear worded. (However considering the first thing I posted in this thread was literally a question about MC’s mental age, you explainig that to me makes me chuckle…:smile: Not, that you could or should know, it’s just amusing for me myself)

3 Likes

Ya the Crow most definitely has some anger issues xD that’s kinda hinted at when the MC is outside of their house after coming back xD but it could be possible that they will still be weary or hostile towards a hero MC simply because your an unknown, no one really has any info on you so that makes you…suspicious xD

on a side note its also possible that the anger they feel is at themselves but uses bad guys as an outlet xD

Never said Crow would embrace every new hero in town, but I guess they would at least respect them, after all they are on the same side with a similar moral codex. No comparison to Anti-heros that may have good intentions but questionable methods, sometimes outside the law, indicating that they may sees themselves above the law as long as they feel they would end up doing the right thing.

And don’t let me start about villains.

When it comes to the question how easy Crow will be to piss off, villains and anti-heros have it easier, just because I’m pretty sure that Crow already feels like they “deserve” a good beat up.

Another hero may could make Crow angry by questioning how much they really are of integrity. A villain/anti-hero questioning this has not much of a strong position, because from Crow’s position those folks anyway lack integrity and with that the right to question him, so both have to be more personal what hurts just because of their lack in morales.

But a hero, who per definition is probably much more of an equal to Crow and questions Crow about their integrity (or maybe addresses their anger issues directly)…well that could hurt. But when approached about Blackbird I by a fellow hero…hm I honestly see them to be much calmer in that situation, after all he is talking in that case to someone who very well could some day end in a similar position, so I think we would see a better control from Crow in that situation. Also because they wouldn’t be all that fired up to punch MC in the face, when they are a hero, as it seems to be the case while playing an anti-hero (or a villain…but that is pretty sel-explaining)

Anyway, that’s just my judgement of Crow’s character, after all we have seen by now. I certainly could be wrong.

4 Likes

I think they (he/she) are angry at themselves for letting ‘us’ down/die, and thus they take it out on everyone and everything else. But that’s just my theory. :grin:

5 Likes

Considering they didn’t seem to have anger issues before MC died, that probably is the case. Survivors guilt expressed through anger.

8 Likes