From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

No I didn’t engage him head on, the scene im talking about is after you get saved by Specter, then I push him away and then it leads to this :

“Alright,” you say after you get your breathing under control again.
Whatever the hell that guy did, it surely was not pleasant and were it
not for the man in front of you, you are sure you would have blackened
out. Only hell knows what Wraith would have done then with you. On
another note, you are not really sure you want to know about it that
much. “And who are you supposed to be?”

Frowns…
Goes to re-read that scene for herself as she obviously forgot what happened

Sorry XD

2 Likes

Its a tough economy after all. If you want to be a good villain, you also need some good business sense and you need to be able to learn how to manage your finances well.

Now wouldn’t that be a great badend. Overwhelming debt.

10 Likes

Haha no problem im pretty confused at this point myself and if it turns out im just being stupid then I apologize :smile:

The scene with the rich parents was kind of confusing. I don’t know why they would lie and cover up our disappearance when they don’t even know what happened to MC. There’s not much difference between dying and disappearing if the one that disappeared never comes back. What would the parents do if they told everyone that MC was dead and a week later MC comes back? I don’t know what kind of servants would know that a young child is missing and not do anything about it. Oh well, I guess the unanswered questions would give some MCs a reason to seek their parents later.

Crow and Lucian were nothing like I pictured them. I’ve never seen a butler with a beard before and the way it was written that MC idealized Crow and thought he was so perfect that he could save MC even though he had no powers made me think that Crow was perfect and just. But, the way Crow curses around his young child makes me think less of him; I no longer want to romance him and all the stuffy rules make me lean towards not revealing myself because I don’t really care about Crow anymore, even if he did rescue me from the dumpster.

Some of the villian interactions are too close to antihero actions. Why would a villian tell Stray not to steal and why would they not like criminals when they are criminals?

I’ll still enjoy the hero path the most; I don’t like being evil for no reason.

Ricochet is a psychopath. She tells MC not to kill when she kills people and would even risk the lives of civilians in order to kill. And she even threatened the MC’s life. And worst of all, she knows MC’s civilian identity( and possibly “works” in MC’s neighborhood). She is too dangerous to be allowed to live, but we probably can’t quickly dispose of her because of plot armor. Now that MC has two arch nemises, a sidekick (or henchman for the evil MC’s) is definitely necessary.

I doubt she views the MC as a civilian since she watched them about to kill somebody XD also, she never risked your life. I think she intentionally skimmed your shoulder as a warning. If this woman can pin you and Stray down from a very far distance and deflect Stay’s knives by shooting them, no doubt that her aim is almost perfect.

Actually she doesn’t. For now, she probably sees you only as a common civilian (one that tries to murder anyway.)

Ricochet is one to watch out for. But I doubt she’s a total psycho. Controversial? Definitely.

4 Likes

He’s not a Butler.

I know! Isn’t she great?

On a more serious note, I see her as more of a female Punisher than a Deadpool. As in more serious and angry than psychopathic.

She’s not really crazy, she’s just desperate to stop others from becoming killers like her. I’m guessing.

And the description of her mask reminds me of Deadshot.

2 Likes

It seems like that this was a remnant of Wraith’s old persona. She was actually first supposed to be a man, though then I changed him to a her and seems like I forgot to change it. Thanks for pointing that out XD

@Sovereign2Lilith
It’s… a bit different than that. While we only saw Rico so far from one side, you should remember that we so far have only seen her twice, and that for a very short moment. I am working on other scenes for the Hero path as well. Also, saying that she’s a ‘psychopath’ is pretty harsh. Sure, she killed someone and was after Stray and the MC in their second encounter, though for my opinion, doesn’t justify it to call her something like that, even when her view of ‘justice’ isn’t the same as those of the most here. She’s just a class for herself, at the momenet.

That’s what I am working on right now. Somehow the villain path is mixing with the anti-hero one at the moment, which shouldn’t happen.
On another note, Crow is not going to be an RO.
Also, I curse a lot when I forget my meal on the stove, some others might as well XD

PS: He’s not a Butler.

10 Likes

I was looking at the code again and I didn’t saw any if (villain = true) at the start of those scenes.
I think that is what happening.

1 Like

While I appreciate the intend by looking for the mistake, I am not really fond of anyone looking at the code. Surprise moments can get easily be accessed and ‘secrets’ can be looked at.

Not everyone likes it if someone looks at their code, as it takes both the fun away and most of the time people spoiler others, which is really not great. So, either keep those things to yourself (please), or just open a PM or something to keep those spoilers away. (hints at the previous time you looked at the code)

13 Likes

No problem, I shall keep it to myself.

Urban, there is no keeping to yourself, looking at Wraith’s code without her consent is rather rude to her and her work.

8 Likes

No offence, but even when she trusts her abillties that much, she still should know how dangerous that could have ended no matter how perfect her aim is. Bullet wounds are dangerous and one abrupt move from MC and she could have either totally missed them or - worse - just hit them, what even when it’s “just” the shoulder still has the potential to kill someone (especially on close range, with special bullets).

It was a pretty reckless move, albeit an impressive and a little bit lucky one.

Honestly in my head I guess it’s more likely that she tried to shot MC too (or just didn’t care about them anyway), but MC moved so the bullet only grazed them…or she has some powers that let her controll the bullet even after it left the weapon, that’s also a possebility I guess…Or has she some kind of clairvoyance, that helps her to not just predict how her bullets move but also how her aims move?

Honestly the talk about bullet wounds leads me to an interesting question: Who takes medical care of those wounds for the vigilantes? Do we have some semi prominent back alley doctor that helps them? Or are Kalathol’s hospital’s just that overflown that one bullet wound more wouldn’t attract suspicions?

I mean I can see how some of MC’s powers can help them to just get rid of bullets that got stuck in their body, but non-superpowered vigilantes? What about them? Where from do they get antibiotics to not die unceremoniously through an infection?

Still I would also wish to meet our new addition to the cast as often as possible, but I seem to be too stupid to arrest Stray, thus being unable to meet her a second time Someone here who wants to help me with that?

2 Likes

That’s… an interesting theory. She could be powered and that’s how she never misses her mark :thinking:

There’s only one way to arrest Stray right now. You need to be male and intentionally flirt with him. Then choose to rat him out. Decline Fern’s game and go to Stray.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, that explains why I couldn’t do it…my MCs tend to be female.

So are mine XD I hope there’s a way to do it as Female one day.

3 Likes

Say it isn’t so Sammy!

:wink:

1 Like

What? :hushed: I think I just lost you in translation… Edit: ah forget about it, google is a friend…haha…even when I’m still not sure that I get the joke…:unamused: …Is it because it’s so obviously that I prefer to play female charcters?

Ricochet is a hypocrite at the very least, but when it comes to something as serious as murder and especially of an innocent-ish (or at least only as bad as Ricochet themselves) civilian (our super identity is unknown), that is unacceptable and has no excuse for such hypocrisy.

Ricochet knew that the the people MC killed were bad guys (they tried to rape/rob MC ) but She shot MC when she still wanted the bad guys dead. It was not in self defense, accidentally, the only choice or for some non hypocrite reason. Rico threatened to kill MC for something Rico does herself. All of this is indicative of a dangerous and mentally unstable person.

I can’t think of any good excuse. It’s as unacceptable as a person purposefully stealing. Even if a person is starving, that doesn’t make someone so much better than everyone else that they can steal food, housing money, or other necessities from others especially when they could just ask for things in the first place. If it’s ok for the theif to steal ,then it’s ok for the theif to be stolen from with that same logic. Futile cycles end up hurting everyone. This is why I don’t fault her for wanting to kill villians, but for her distain for people who are the exact same as her.

I can’t think of any reason why she could be so much better than everyone else that her goals and needs are above others; that would give her no logical reason to attack a redemption giving civilian.