From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

You mean like everybody here who hates Troy has to explain themself? Oh wait, no, they make that because they like to wallow in their distaste for him. Nevermind.

5 Likes

I mean, that I have no idea if this comment is serious or not. And this is something that makes me slightly uncomfortable.

I am not looking for trouble, or anything, I am just interested as to why @bitmo feels like this toward Vine.

Maybe there are things about her I didnā€™t notice, for various reasons, or maybe @bitmo didnā€™t mean anything by this, in this case, donā€™t mind me.

As I said, I wonā€™t be the one starting a war on the topic of an awesome game, made by a talented writer, and I am honestly sorry if I offended anyone.

On this, I wish you all a good day, or night :wink:

Edit: @Sammysam, glad we could understand each other :smiley:

2 Likes

It just feels weird to see someone so disbelieving for the potential hate a character could receive after the disaster with the Troy hate went down.

I personally arenā€™t much of a Vine fan, too, even when I would not express it that extrem, but would some of my MCs throw her gladly in front of a car? Hell, yes.

Edit: Okay I get it now, @bitmoā€™s comment was really very extreme on the character hate scale, so I see why it can make people uncomfortable.

2 Likes

People have been talking about murdering Crow and Troy this entire time. Why is it a problem just because Iā€™m talking about Vine?

I wouldnā€™t say I have a problem with it, more like the way you said it.

I can understand the hate or dislike of characters, so the problem isnā€™t there.

I could try to explain it to you by PM, if youā€™d like, instead of arguing in the thread, which isnā€™t the place?

1 Like

On a lighter note, I stumbled over this passage:

ā€œI just like how fluffy they are, how they purr and how elegant they are in total,ā€ he says. "Have you ever had a cat? Like, from very kitten-like state? They look up at you and you just canā€™t resist them. It is like a curse.ā€œ

OMG. Troy. Trooooy! Iā€¦LIKE cats, TOO!

Thatā€™s literally the deepest feelings of my soul put into the mouth of a fictional character :heart_eyes_cat:

12 Likes

:heart: :cat: :heart: :cat2: :heart: :smile_cat: :heart: :smiley_cat: :heart:

Wish we had a cat instead of Smelly McFleabag (Iā€™m allergic to dogs, so that does not help). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[ runs and hides from the incoming love-to-be-master dog-lovers mob while covering trail with salt and pepper and crossing the streams in a good way and not in a bad ghost busting manner ] :scream:

1 Like

waves bye

Also nice to see a new update. Looks like Iā€™m forgoing any work todayā€¦

pops up from little cavern entrance UPDATE!!! @Wraith (Whoops, I almost tried to address you as Nekumura) I want to glomp you so much, yay! (Even if it is a little update, itā€™s an update nonetheless.)

http://fat.gfycat.com/CheerfulUnsungJoey.gif

3 Likes

Funny thing is, Brent Spiner actually hates cats. :frowning:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t relly matter in this case; I still get my point across :sweat_smile:

Edit - Also: What a monster! :anguished: Here an example how you can really like a character but not the actor :wink:

In the beginning, especially with the Troy character ā€œhateā€ there was a mixing of inside-jokes with honest FAWR feedback. As one of the main ā€œhatersā€ I am guilty of this myself. This was a mistake; @Wraith knows I love her story and every aspect of it but she tolerates my ā€œhateā€ because she knows the back-story to it.

After some confusion and grief (like you are experiencing) the insider material and the stuff that should be private actually was taken private and peace in the WiP was restored.

So, people like @Snowpanther and myself are skittish on this ā€¦ which is why we often seek clarification.

@Wraith is one of the talented writers in the community and she allows a lot of leeway here - sorry if you felt a hostile vibe from any here.

4 Likes

In this specific case itā€™s also more about the way you talked about it: Pretty graphic, while lacking the hyperbole the most other character hate is soaked in to mark it as humerousā€¦So yeah, that is a little bit unsettlingā€¦

4 Likes

Screw Phoenix. What about Phonics?

2 Likes

Hey, so how come Sharpshooter gets to kill criminals but not us? Pretty hypocritical of her donā€™t you think?

By the way this line seems really awkward.

ā€œWho do you take me for, your boss? Iā€™m not your nanny whoā€™s smearing honey around your lips.ā€ Of course you can see Blackbird bristling a bit at this, though he controls himself well, the only change the clenching of his jaw.

3 Likes

Thanks for bringing that up! And yes it is very hypocriticalā€¦Especially when we already can signal her that we may share her opinion. And she still thinks she has to warn us.

Maybe she is not used to people potentially being on her side? Or she thinks MC is too dangerous to let them walk around freelyā€¦What still would be pretty hypocritical.

ā€œJust because your sniper rifle lets you kill people with less filth doesnā€™t make you better, Miss Sniper!ā€

6 Likes

love the update xD though i do have a question o.o how do you run into Ricochet? so far iā€™ve tried being a villain that destroyes everything and is a merc, an anti-hero whoā€™s nice and a merc and Iā€™ve tried a anti-hero who is a free lancer and is nice but havenā€™t run into her o.o maybe iā€™m missing something xD

oh @Wraith i did notice a few spots where it would use the wrong gender term regarding the Crow and a few of the symbols iā€™ll do a few more run throughā€™s and put them up when i see them xD there where a few other things but i think it was more like it just sounded weird reading through, it might just be a personal thing or maybe its because iā€™m super sick and thus really tired xD

to find her first encounter, kill the thugs that try to mug you, she will ambush the thug.

Second encounter, arrest Stray and then go to him for info. He will make you assist him on a job, Ricochet will flank both of you and you have to escape her.

Both these encounters are only available for the Villain path right now.

@Sammysam @Shoelip I think itā€™s more of the fact that right now, she thinks youā€™re a civilian (civilians killing thugs?). If you were in your costume, her reaction may differ. Also, maybe she knows who you are (a Villain) and gives you a heads up that your next encounter with her wonā€™t be friendly at all. (which if you find her second encounter, is entirely true.)

4 Likes

Small correction: At least for me the first encounter was also available as Anti-hero, but I guess thatā€™s anyway a bug. (That it is supposed to be only available for villains makes her reaction also much more reasonableā€¦)