From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

Doesn’t have to be. I have met people with the exact same name as my own. Well, okay I have a very common name, but still…It’s not really impossible or even unlikely to meet someone with the samd name as yourself, depending how common your name is. It’s a little bit weird and funny, but in the worst case only confusing when people try to talk to/about either of you.

However I wouldn’t be suprised should he try to verify MC’s statements if they acted suspicious enough.

I’d say that having the same first and last name is kinda suspicious.

1 Like

It’s not. Like I said I have meet people that had the exact same name as I have, hell I did go to school with someone like that (not the same year but still) and I’m from a rather small town.

Kalathol sounds lika a big city so it’s more likely for someone with the same name to life there. The unlikely part at most is to meet that person during a walk in the park. But hey, how likely is it to meet the dead first sidekick of your current partner in superhero business while taking a walk in the park?

5 Likes

When you look at the profile for the Narrows origin, the same sentence is used twice, once in the wrong place:
“You come from the Narrows, a dark and dangerous part of Kalathol. Your father made the wrong kinds of friends and had more problems than he could possibly solve on his own. He owed the wrong men your families whole fortune. Two weeks later, she died.

1 Like

Well unless your name is John Smith I would find it suspi as hell if I am a vigilante and someone I just met tells me my own name. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I flirted with Stray as a male (“Perhaps next time.”), called the cops after knocking him out (this also works by not ratting him out–might be a bug)

Decline Troy’s offer. You’ll go to Vine for info but she’ll refuse to help you and you end up talking to Stray.

Accept Stray’s challenge to a race, work together with him to deal with Ricochet, care for his wound (all to improve your relationship). Then ask him if he is blind.

7 Likes

…yeah but MC is telling Troy his own name while he is walking around as Troy, not as Blackbird.

Something like that isn’t even useful to intimidate or threaten him, because people having the exact same name is a thing, and not even that unlikely expect you have a very untypical name for the area you live in, what still wouldn’t make it impossible. At the most it’s a little bit irritating.

Maybe I’m weird, but even as a vigilant I wouldn’t think that someone having the same name as myself alone would be enough to justify to research someone’s personal data. Situation is of course different if I anyway would suspect something fishy going on in my life/town/that meeting, but just someone with the same name? Taken by it self at most unlikely, not suspicious.

4 Likes

When I told Troy my name I just used my actual name. Like the name of the dead mc and he was just like ‘oh okay nothing weird about that’ despite the fact Ace was so familiar with my mc. I mean he has probably heard about us from Crow right?

1 Like

I don’t know; maybe not. We don’t know if Troy even knows we were dead, although I’m assuming he knows we existed, at least. (Although if we tell him our name, and then he tells Crow… that could be fun…)

5 Likes

Yeah I was kinda hoping something like that would happen.

5 Likes

I’d like to think that Crow didn’t tell Troy anything about me because its just too painful for her to talk about still and that Troy isn’t worthy, he’s just her intern to help fight crime while she hunts for her missing daughter…sadly I suspect when the big reveal is written my bubble shall burst spectacularly and I will :cry:

2 Likes

I suggest hardening your MC’s heart against Crow ala mine; very “I hate you, bird!mom/dad!!” Plus, maybe I’m unreasonable, but I think the fact that Crow doesn’t find MC the least bit familiar based on their body language and voice shows that they’re a pretty lame parent. So, unless it turns out they’ve been poops to MC because MC remind them of OG Blackbird and that hurts the feels, Crow can fly off. In my opinion.

4 Likes

On that note, what gender did you guys choose for Crow? I chose Female, just cause it’s fun to refer to her as MamaBird in my head.

So in other words, you’d just (snicker) give 'em the bird?

Harhar. I made a punny fun…funny pun…darn this accursed thing people call language. why can’t we just communicate through thoughts!

3 Likes

…i’m kind of ashamed of this, yet at the same time i’m not.

Just imagine the MC and Troy fighting on a rooftop when suddenly Crow lands between you both. The MC drops their guns/staff/sword, holds their arms out wide, and screams at the top of their lungs: “MAMA BIRD!”

…i’m sorry.

4 Likes

[quote=“aprilhare, post:5273, topic:13887”]
Plus, maybe I’m unreasonable, but I think the fact that Crow doesn’t find MC the least bit familiar based on their body language and voice shows that they’re a pretty lame parent.[/quote]

I always thought it was because Crow “knows” we died. Since we fled during the autopsy, our body was found. and therefore even if he/she recognize/is reminded of old Blackbird’s behavior from the MC, I’m pretty sure his/her brain goes “does not compute” and/or tries to either rationalize or deny it.

The way I read the story, to me, Crow doesn’t seem to deal with the loss of Blackbird in a very healthy way.
To me he/she’s not even close to move on from the loss of Blackbird, instead choosing to bury all trails of Blackbirds existence in a way of forcible forgetting us (which obviously wont work) instead of dealing with the loss. At least that’s what I get out of all interactions and dialogue between him/her and Troy. ^^

It’ll be interesting when the route of confronting Crow in the beginning of the story is available. His/her brain will probably shut down so hard it’ll implode on itself. :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

What are you talking about? Blackbird’s not dead; he’s just slightly taller, with darker hair, and a different name…

6 Likes

You are a doll, yet I discovered that it only happens when “I hope that birdy keels over.” is chosen. Who says strays aren’t loyal?

2 Likes

I chose male because I’m a huge Batman nerd xD But besides that… Does it really matter in the story? I mean does male crow react to your death different than female crow? I don’t think it does? Anyone that did both noticed any difference?

1 Like

Are you sure? Because normally his reaction should slightly differ from giving him a fake name.

Geek, child. Nerds are obsessed with academics. Geeks are obsessed with entertainment and media.

Also, Red Hood was confirmed for Injustice 2.

1 Like