From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

My favourite name to use so far is Nightshade. 'cause, poisons and stuff.

Edit: We’re all just gonna spam @RedRoses’s notifications, aren’t we. XD

5 Likes

I really want my MC to be like deathstroke

6 Likes

I went with Void for my MC’s alias largely in part due to his shadow powers. Then I felt it was sort of fitting due to losing a large part of himself with his rise from the dead. Something’s missing, he sure as hell can’t tell you what it is exactly but Void seems an apt enough name if he’s to go by something.

(But he still had an awful hard time not jumping when he heard Blackbird being called by Crow in the middle of some tussle I tell ya’).

8 Likes

I chose the name Void for much the same reason. Although I’m still unsure if I want to switch to shadow powers or stay with my old electric powers. Both are pretty awesome.

Concerning Troy, my mc is a straight male and so has no strong feelings about the new Blackbird. As far as he’s concerned Troy is just an innocent who is in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not that it will save him anymore than the innocent dear who meets the hunter. They still get turned into sausage and end up in the freezer. The deer I mean (or do I? :thinking:.)

Crow, on the other hand, got me killed by arrogantly putting a child into danger. Then they had the insensitivity to give away the Blackbird name that I had created as if it was theirs to give. For my mc this symbolized their own childhood innocence, and loosing it pushed a very damaged psyche over the edge.

11 Likes

This is one of the things I love about this forum, we went through the exact same thing yet we have complete opposite reactions to it! Its really interesting to see how people view and feel about the events of these stories :smiley:

13 Likes

I went with the power to control dust that consumes everything, because that is just awesome nightmare fuel. To couple with the power to decompose all life, I chose the name Decay

My mc, she’s somewhat more well adjusted than it seems a lot of these guys are (despite being a full villain). She forgives Crow for letting her die, even if she was somewhat put off with being replaced after only one year, she’s glad he was able to move on. What she can’t forgive is the people who brought her back and tried to use her as a weapon, and fully intends to unleash all the power of Creepy-Hungry-Nightmare-Dust upon any who stand in the way. The only verdict is vengeance!

10 Likes

“Creepy-Hungry-Nightmare-Dust” is both a hilarious and terrifying name for your power!

Now I want to watch V for Vendetta!

6 Likes

I really, REALLY want to see this game finished. Sooo anticipating telling Crow who I really am :astonished:

1 Like

Tell him? Are you mad!? Just… leave lots of clues. If he cares about you, he’ll come looking.

12 Likes

The last few comments remind me, will it be possible to finish the game without anybody finding out your old identity? It would remove a lot of drama, but it could still result in some interesting relationships.

2 Likes

MC at everybody: Just leave me alone!

Also MC sulking in a corner: Why is nobody coming to look after me?

19 Likes

MC punches Troy.

MC: Why doesn’t Troy like me? :cry:

18 Likes

You have to ask him if it’s okay for you to kiss it better…(yes punching him was all just a scheme… but Troy will never find out…Probably…Maybe?)

4 Likes

I probably gonna stick with Decay until we get shadow power comparisons with Wraith, and knowing the weaknesses of it…

I’d honestly rather punch Nero… "Where were YOU when I was DEAD?!
Or Ricochet for shooting me.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m not going to approach him immediately (though that would be interesting). When the options are available, I want to only leave hints and stuff.

But all Crow will find will be the end of my sword.

2 Likes

As for my MC, I usually use Bluebird as their alias, not only because the whole “bluebird of happiness” being a symbol of hope and harbinger of happiness, but also because the name is quite similar to Blackbird, which is symbolic because my MC is still not completely over being replaced, despite him telling himself he has.

I just want my MC to be happy :cry:

Also, my MC and Troy together is “Black and Blue” which is what the villains will be after meeting them :grin:

13 Likes

I use “Black Cat” or something similar. Partly because I like cats, and cats are often depicted eating birds…

7 Likes

whispers quietly Actually I really love Troy and he’s my favourite charatcer in this story…

12 Likes

YAY join the fanclub come, come #welovetroy #donthurthim

1 Like