From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

No no, the MC was the very first XD
But nice inscription :smiley:

1 Like

In loving memory of Blackbird.
She’s not a fan of warehouses anymore.

2 Likes

That would be a bit ironical considering that my MC made her secret hideout inside of an abandoned warehouse :smirk: Can’t help but to love an old abandoned warehouse.

That makes me think, now that we’re speculating anyway, could Wraith be the reason why Crow was unable to save the MC? (It would explain the chuckle at least, if it was part of the original memory.) Like, either by getting into his/her way directly or by controlling/partially wiping the mind of the only direct witness, Nero? It would explain why Nero’d feel guilty about the whole affair (even more than that the MC got shot protecting him and by him indirectly causing the bomb to be detonated) and turning into an anti-hero. Of course I’m probably just reading too much into it :wink:

6 Likes

Well, even without a corpse you can have a grave. Happens quite often in case of disasters with many victims and a mass of damage. Not all dead can be identified, but they still can get graves dedicated to them, even when their corpse lies in a collecting pit instead of their own grave. Graves are ultimately for the family to mourn before everything else. At least for the authorities Crow’s adopted child did go missing. So some memorial would be nice at least? (add a !?! when reading in my MC’s voice)

@Cecilia_Rosewood doesn’t seem that far off to be honest. we don’t know what criterias wraith uses for the the subjects that winters experiments with, but using people that show a great deal of endurance and other traits like vigilants normally should seems not that stupid. So maybe Wraith did look out for MC much longer as we know by now…What makes me wary about every other vigilant that since then died to come back but on the wrong side…

6 Likes

Hey @Nekumura I was wondering how old Crow is. From what I’ve seen people see them a mother/father figure but I see them more as an older sibling.

Crow, when he (I guess I will stick to a he for the thread) adopted the MC when he was 30. Which means he should be 34 when the MC comes back from the grave, and 35 a year later.

1 Like

You mean ones like Sentinel?

2 Likes

exactly, thoughg it could be argued that because of his old age he isn’t a as viable testsubject as MC for example

1 Like

‘Face your fear and overcome it.’ :wink:

I know, right? It’s like the best place evar! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

But doesn’t that theory contradict with Winter’s (or one of her little helpers’) statement (in their secret lab below the cathedral) that the bodies are all falling apart? It seems to me that we won’t have to worry about that from the experiments Winters was involved in at least.

Well, just because things don’t work out as they hoped for by now, doesn’t mean that can’t change in future :wink:

From all the people they tried to reanimate in their old lab it was also only the MC that could be seen as success. Could be the reason for why they want the MC back. To have a closer look at what’s different at them compared to all the other subjects

2 Likes

Random speculation again, of course, but it has most likely got something to do with the MC’s powers, which would imply that the MC had always had a predisposition (not sure if that’s the right word) for them, rather than them having been caused solely by whatever they did to the MC back there.

4 Likes

It is, like always, interesting to see to what you guys come up with.
I won’t say anything to your ideas, but by all means, continue please. :slightly_smiling:

It is also lovely to see that it interests you guys so much that you are speculating about it that much :smiley:

7 Likes

I’d say, no doubt about that.

Completely fairly certain that the MC wouldn’t gain complete unbridled enjoyment from it. :neutral_face:

Oh, that brings in a new perspective why MC specifically was targeted. But I honestly thought their main aim was to evoke the hidden powers in people, most likely to let them work under Wraith. Why else should they just randomly try to rise the dead? Or they wanted to produce those powers artificially and MC just was a lucky case that already had some hidden potential. But Wraith and Winters maybe still don’t know about it, even i case they suspect it. So research at MC could deliver some marker they could use to find other subjects easier

5 Likes

Might be wrong, but what if cells they were using for MC ressurection was Wraith’s (or related in some way), and Wraith expected it would give her better control of people brought to life that way. But they were rejected by ‘normal’ people, so only MC who had dormant powers was revived. Would explain in a way why our powers seemed to be useless against her?

2 Likes

Is that a go-ahead for further speculation? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Awesome!

In between all the speculation of who or what could give the MC away as either being the original Blackbird or the ‘thing’ that got out of that giant glass tube in the destroyed lab there is one I don’t think has been mentioned yet. That is that if the MC will get romantically involved with someone that autopsy scar’d be a dead giveaway (or at least raise some serious questions.) Of course that could also occur in some other scenarios, like if the MC got seriously injured in a fight and people’d have to take the MC’s shirt off to stop the bleeding or something.

5 Likes

That might be, but I’m more tempted to believe that she’s just too frikkin’ powerful for the MC to stand a chance. She wouldn’t be a good antagonist for the MC and the rest of the bunch if she’d be a pushover.

1 Like

Well at least I hope for a dramatic reveal between MC and a potential RO that explicitly involves the scar and eventually some big meltdown on MC side because hey they are a walking corpse… But I am a mean person who’s a sucker for drama.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if its both of those reasons actually. :smile: This part makes me most suspicious:
“I was not aware of your little ability here.” Tapping you on your shoulder causes a few brittle shards of ice to escape your body against your will where she touches you, just as if she would be getting rejected…”
Her phrase kind of implies that she expected our ability to show at her touch? And the fact that it happend against our will, might be because we were scared, but what if it not.

2 Likes