From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

Almost.
Wraith can control the minds of people, though I never stated that she can’t do the same to us. What might happen or if she will ever try it, we might know next time or not at all :smiley:

1 Like

Looks like somebody is joining the Troy haters :smirk:

1 Like

Na, not that :slightly_smiling:
Sometimes I am annoying the little fluffball, though I would never hurt him here :open_mouth:
Only ingame :wink:

Here, Troy is under my protections :slightly_smiling:
Only when I am not the one doing the mayhem or you guys are not going to execute him afterwards ^^

1 Like

The guards inside the Cathedral. If you choose the non-lethal choice, its stated because they are just workers doing their jobs.

Oh that.
Well, I can’t do everything just for one character type. I have no idea how each character would view that part or a few others, and as thus can’t make it like “I just don’t care about those” when for example others would view this differently.

And truth to be told, I am not really into making some sort of little list of how the character behaves in specific situations. First, some would be annoyed by that because of all the decisions, and on the other hand it is just annoying for me as well with all the coding and the ‘what if’ parts.

Absolutely love this game!
No matter how we choose to play our character it seems the story holds a great potential for conflict/drama, both prior and after our identity is revealed. Besides it looks like almost everyone have their own secrets so it’s very interesting how the story will unfold.

A couple of small mistakes I’ve noticed:

[spoiler] One of the fake names we can name ourselves to Troy is Nicole, which is one of the default options for MC’s actual name.

‘The sudden appearing reminds you of what Stray told you the other day.’
Maybe I’m missing something, but I think it refers to the talk on ‘decline Troy’s offer path’, but for some reason it’s still shows when we chose to help Troy & Crow.

And not exactly a mistake, but it seemed a little strange to me that MC jumps to conclusion that Wraith expects us to seek her out from her parting:
‘See you.’ Like it might be the other way around her seeking us out? [/spoiler]

Oh, and one more thing I found confusing is situation with Troy. His profile says that he is 20-21, he became Blackbird year after we died so he was 16-17, 18 at most. But prior to coming to Kalathol he was a secret agent? Isn’t it a bit too young?

But otherwise I really like story and characters. Very curious to meet Nero again.

1 Like

I’m not sure why, but I sometimes get something along the lines of “You’ll seek me out” instead of “See you” in that scene with Wraith - in which case it makes sense for the PC to wonder why she said that. Dunno if there are some conditions that change her response…

2 Likes

@Moferiah
Thank you :3
I am glad you like the game so much ~

1. Wups, will change that :smiley:
    Didn’t even notice that I have the name again… shrugs

2. That, actually, was from another version of the update (which I scratched later), and I just forgot to edit that part. Though with the next update (that fixes some problems and the behavior of Troy), it will be fixed as well :slightly_smiling:

3. Wraith actually meant it like ‘Will see you again’. Perhaps I should just let her say something else. shrugs
    The part @lliiraanna said was also of an older version. Will fix that as well soon.

4. does the math part … Perhaps I should make him a bit older then o.o Why do I never think of something like that ? XD

1 Like

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but if you decline to work with Troy and Nathaniel without punching Troy you still get dialogue later on saying that you got all punchy.

2 Likes

Depending how the school and education system in that world looks like and how long he really used to work as agent, is actually every age between 22-28 reasonable, but when you want to play safe would 24-25-26 be a frame that’s not too suspicious. And math in worldbuilding is btw something many authors have to struggle with… just look at J.K. Rowling, that woman is more than just miserable in math.

2 Likes

Hello! I have to say that your game is brilliant, the story is original but still has a whiff of nostalgia which makes this an interesting read. I think though when dealing with Victoria, the MC should get the option to see what she actually knows before deciding to either kill or leave her, especially if you’re playing an MC that is vigilant but still moral.

I can’t wait for Crow to slowly get more information about our risen ‘zombie’ - I have a feeling he will be completely enraged when he finds out who he is - Which is ironic because he seems to dislike my anti-hero Heron! Keep at it, this is good stuff.

2 Likes

@DarthDovahkin
It has been mentioned, though I always appreciate if someone states it again :wink:
I might not have seen it or forgot it over time shrugs

@Sammysam
I guess I should make him 25, just to be on the safe side ^^

@Theonewhomops
Hey there :slightly_smiling:
Thank you very much ^v^
I will think about the Victoria part tomorrow after I got my morning coffee ^^
We will see what Crow will do with our… zombie :smiley:

Also, I updated the new part (and a few parts from the first parts) and now some things should make more sense.

Troy’s behavior should be fixed now, his profile should be accessible again and if you did not punch him the right text should appear now.

I added one or two choices with how to talk with Crow as well.

And I fixed every mistake regarding the spelling/grammar you guys pointed out :wink: Thanks again for that!

6 Likes

OMG I love it! One of the best COG stories that I’ve read, definitely the best superhero one. I hope that you finish this soon because I can’t wait to play the whole game!

1 Like

As soon as I entered the Cathedral.

I honestly don’t bug Troy, I like seeing Crow mad better.

Me:Tell me not to kill, who does he think he is?

Thoughts: Step daddy?

Me: That’s what I think he is.

Crow: What are you talking about?

Troy: Your hearing is off old man.

Thoughts: Thanks Troy.

i’m also suspicious of everyone being Nero or butler.

5 Likes

I bet Lucian quit team Crow because Crow found a new Blackbird. That would make sense. Is it possible to have a heart warming scene with Lucian cause that would be sick

3 Likes

Noticed some errors concerning Crow’s gender after teaming up with her:

You narrow your eyes a bit in thought. Telling her won’t give him much that would lead back to you anyway, so why should you hide what happened in there? It would only be suspicious if you would lie right now. Besides, you doubt that Crow would be satisfied with only a bit of information or worse, if you would lie to him and he just outright knows that it is not true.

While you have no idea how he does it, it happened before. It is sometimes as if the man would be a walking lie-detector.

1 Like

I’m lying low… @Nekumura was growing angry with me so I’ve been quiet… :slightly_smiling:

@weirguider That’s what I thought about aswell! He only took Troy after a year since the death, but seeing Lucien so far, I don’t think he would mad at Troy or even Crow. Just too pained to see the space of a bubbly teenager which he’s raised taken over quickly by a fed, although I bet he would be HUGELY disappointed in crow. Team Lucien :slight_smile:

1 Like

How heartbroken would Lucien be to see my MC alive and well but turned into a cold hearted monster because of the neglect of her supposed death from Crow.

3 Likes