From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

Yes. On my topic when we discussed what weapons we wanted :joy:

I still want ropedarts, or twin daggers!

2 Likes

Everyone deserves to see it :smile:

Let us welcome woundfucker - @Talkingtacoā€™s beloved sword.

1 Like

This game definitly needs a machete xD Theres no weapon more appropiate for somebody who returned from the dead.

And painbringer, assrammer, rectumskewerā€¦ they all have a name.

Guys, please stop with those names :stuck_out_tongue:

@Cecilia_Rosewood & @UmbraLamia
Well, I just did the basics like everyone else has in their games (from what I saw, at least.
I donā€™t necessarily need it, just saying. If you guys prefer to play the game without Orientation, then I can do that as well, I donā€™t mind doing that.

What do the others think ?

1 Like

No idea, youā€™d have to ask The Others. :grin:

Me, Iā€™m with @Cecilia_Rosewood and @UmbraLamia, but I am fine with whatever works best for you.

2 Likes

Iā€™m with the other three. Let the ROs flirt with their orientation regardless whether the MC is into them or not. But if itā€™s easier to do it the other way then thatā€™s your choice.

2 Likes

I prefer to not have an NPC constantly flirting with my character if he is not attracted to them. Its become boring very fast.
I dont think doing orientantion will affect their games, the NPC will continue to flirt with their character, but not having orientantion in my game will be a downside to me.

Iā€™m sure that if you turn them down once they wonā€™t try again, though. But I understand you position too. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Also on the let ā€œlet them flirt as long as they arenā€™t turned downā€ boat.

Not much difference to a character that may meets the gender requirement but annoys the player nonetheless whith flirting, because the player just doesnā€™t like the character.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say let the characters flirt with the MC if theyā€™re attracted to their gender.
Iā€™ve always liked the few CoG that have scenes of this type, like in choice of robots, if you marry a character of the same gender, the game tells you that you and your couple are worried because you didnā€™t come out to all of your relatives, and that some of them didnā€™t come to the wedding for you being gay, but most of them accepted it.
Itā€™s a nice touch that makes the game feel more realistic.
If it would bother someone just give the option to turn them down, like @Taylor_Enean said.

8 Likes

I wonder, how many woman romance will this game have? I know Vyne is one, but there still 3 guys vs one woman.
And I wonder if the RO will have set sexuality, since Stray appears to be gay. Can you @Nekumura tell us the orientantion of Nero, Troy and Vyne?

There is supposed to be more than Vine. In the next chapter, there will be a new character that will also be able for RO.

Then we would have 2/3 for the Girls, and just one missing. Weā€™ll see if I make it 3/3 or if I will leave it at that.

Troy, Nero and Vine are all for the guys as well as for the Girls.

2 Likes

I think you mean kusarigamaā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m fangirling over here showing everyone i know your demo!! i really really like the story so far and the characters are interesting, also Iā€™m super excited about it and I have a feeling it well be a favorite COG.
I would like to ask you if you have set a specific date to finish it or a year at least?

2 Likes

Awww, thank you very much! :slightly_smiling:
Sadly, I have no idea when it is going to be completedā€¦ I had no time to write even one bit last week and this week (cries)
Though I want to finish it this year. No idea if I can make it in that timeā€¦ but it is my goal ^^

5 Likes

Donā€™t beat yourself up over not writing anything last week (and in general). :slight_smile:
Just like every author on this site, sometimes stuff happens and you donā€™t get to write as much as you want to and thatā€™s fine. I think you have written a cool game so far, and Iā€™m looking forward to it but I can wait. Just take the time you need. ^^

Regarding the discussion about NPC flirting. I agree with the people, about letting the ROā€™s flirt with the MC (if itā€™s in character for them). And then the MC can flirt back or politely decline etc. It makes the NPCā€™s more 3D.
It would also take away the whole ā€œthe MC is the only one who can instigate the romanceā€, which sometimes force you to flirt with a RO because if you donā€™t the romance is locked. :confused: To me it often feels very aggressive and ooc for the MC Iā€™m playing. Itā€™s something that usually makes me really uncomfortable. Itā€™s the same with railroaded romances in RPG.

10 Likes

Soā€¦ Merc for hire or freelancer

Merc for hire. Becoming a younger Deathstroke is my objective.