From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

Hi @Nekumura. I found a minor error (well, two, but they’re probably caused by the same thing) in my latest playthrough. My MC (average build, mercenary, not too friendly with Troy, but not murderous or overly destructive) picked a katana, and when the time comes to upgrade your equipment the second option (the one that should tell you to upgrade your weapon) showed up as
Enhance your false.
I’m guessing a variable didn’t get set properly.

Two sentences before that the same thing happens. It shows up as
After a quick shower and changing into fresh clothes, you grab your bag with your uniform and pull out the contents, which are the suit and your false.

And as a somehow random question, why can you pick a custom hair color, but not a custom eye color? Just curious.

1 Like

But you can customize your eyes, its the choice after choosing your hair color.

I didn’t phrase that properly, did I? What I meant is that with the hair colors you have the option to ‘create’ your own hair color, but with the eye color you have to pick from the five colors that are already there. (I’d love to give my MC violet eyes, but that’s simply not possible right now.)

In the latest update:

[spoiler]"“Till another time,” Troy says before he is out of range, but as you look after him, he is already gone.

Giving you a salute as a goodbye, Troy says, “Till next time!” and disappears as well."

For some reason both sentences show up at the same time when Troy is at 68% approval.[/spoiler]

1 Like

@Cecilia_Rosewood
Mh, I found the problem. Thanks!
Though somehow it still is making a mess for some reason unknown.
Will take a closer look tomorrow. (Had some visitors here, otherwise it would already be done :3)
Also, I added (for the next fix-update) a custom eye colour.

@Moferiah
Ah, solved :3
Thank you ~
Was a line I forgot to delete ^^
Though it should be fixed tomorrow as well.

@JohnnyFive
Thank you :slightly_smiling:
Fixed and will be updated tomorrow ~

@Pace675
Sooo… you want to flirt with Crow?
I don’t know if it would be a great idea… after all, Crow is… old? Compared to the MC, I mean.
Besides, he/she also acts some sort of father/mother figure. (when we were still living with him/her, of course.)

Well flirting with crow can just be a way of deceiving him so u can’t be found out

Is Glamour going to be a RO? Because besides Vine (and maybe Crow, who isnt a RO) she is the only other woman in the game.

And I found an error on the PC’s biography. The last part says “You became Void, a widely known Anti-Hero, dealing out justice as you think would be right though leaving the criminals alive.”, but when you choose you are an Anti_Hero, the text says you kill and torture criminals.

1 Like

I got more of the mentor vibe, especially with the rich background. With that stated, after the resurrection of the MC they are 20, and Crow is 35ish so Crow is not some ancient Yoda figure lol, besides you never had a crush on a teacher figure? :wink:

Oh my, maybe Fredric Wertham wasn’t that much off beam as he alleged the Batman-Robin dynamic some underlying…implications. Because even in a work just inspired by it (and we aren’t even talking about the right Robin or even same epoch here) people seem to get some vibes from it going that direction…:laughing:

But just out of curiosity, did Crow officaly adopt the MC? I mean they were homeschooled, but aren’t legal guardians still obliged in most countries to notify the responsible authority especially when the education has to be acknowledged in case a higher education is aspired to, so MC can’t just be there without anybody knowing. Because I can’t imagine Crow preventing MC from a possible future education just because some paperwork. Though that could conflict with some of the backgrounds, especially if there are some parents left. Actually in that case Crow pretty much kidnapped MC, legally speaking o_O

Man, with that in mind a romance or just flirting could get pretty close to wife husbandry… (well to be fair, many classical novels work with the concept, so it’s not that much of an taboo as people eventually think, at least in literature)

Did Crow organize some fake ids for MC or what? So MC’s real name may not be their real name anyway and we tell Troy another fake name or their actual real name? :confused:

I mean it’s a fictional setting, with fictional law system, but it seems fishy when looked at closer. Or their lawsystem and bureaucracy are just inefficent as fuck…

Edit: Before I forget, was it ever mentioned how long MC lived with them before they died? Because I can’t remember at the moment but that could also matter for the question why - when the evetually alive/not alive parents don’t care - not even one department cared for MC. At least for health insurance they maybe should be registered somewhere…

2 Likes

Well they met Crow when they were twelve and died when they were fifteen, so about 3 years.

2 Likes

Thanks I totally forgot that. ^^"

But that’s at least when MC had a background with still living parents a pretty long time to lay down calm. I mean I understand that MC can suffer some serious case of parental neglect, but did really nobody file a missing person’s report, not even to keep one’s face/ child-care allowance?

3 Likes

Yeah, actually thought about that too, since I play with noble background, so both parents are alive.
I think it might have to do with the fact that Kalathol seem to be very dangerous city: like chimeras running on the streets, gang wars etc. Even when MC isn’t in their anti-hero persona they manage to stumble upon thugs. So maybe there are too many missing people for police to actively search for one missing child. And I guess parents really didn’t care about MC to do much else.

As for Crow adopting MC on the spot, while it doesn’t look like the wisest course of actions, but so is letting teenage kid fighting crime. But then there wouldn’t be any story to play.

And I guess if police did a good job in Kalathol there wouldn’t be any need in vigilantes.

3 Likes

Yeah, but especially the noble background bugs me here, because those people obviously have enough cash to be considered important. Wouldn’t their missing child be treated with more urgency as some random poor child? And it’s not as if a missing child would go unnoticed, especially with a big staff working for a family. People talk. And they probably have a certain reputation to keep so at least some sobs, and tears at TV or something, because it is what is expected.

And as soon as MC is somewhere registered as missing every use of their real name on any official papers will blow their cover, arlarm cops, boom: Crow ends in jail.

The people that normally go missing go probably missing because they are a. dead without any found corpse or b. hidden in the underground with fake names, ids or even without any of it, in case they life in a way that doesn’t need any legal recognition, be it freely or not.

2 Likes

Can’t argue here, since reputation is probably what made them keep MC in the first place. Maybe if the were always away it would work? Like overseas, then it would be easier for them to pretend that nothing happened.

Actually I just remembered didn’t papers at the facility where MC was resurrected lacked any birthdate? So maybe they did hide their real name and other info. And then I guess yeah, they do have a certain tendency with the fake names.

2 Likes

Or they got thrown in jail because of tax evasion or something XD But that really would just give us some more plotholes, considering MC run away/got missing before anything like that could happen. So they probably just go by a fake name, at least fake surname and have some fake ids and papers.

2 Likes

What could also work is if there was a big fire (maybe even arson as a threat to their parents) in the house where MC lived the day (or day after) MC went out, so they were simply assumed dead. But even then they would need some fake ids or something eventually.

To be honest even if there are some plotholes I like noble backstory, since it kind of explains MC reactions/motivations after their ressurection very well. Plus I like bonus to intelligence stat. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

O_o We already can chose Crows gender. It’s literally one of the first choice we are given, even before the MC’s gender.

2 Likes

I liked the demo, I’d certainly be interested in playing the completed game.

1 Like

So… are we not going to talk about how awesome Specter is? Or did I miss that conversation already?

Call Incoming
Otacon: Watch out Specter. That’s Wraith. She’s very powerful and can manipulate the shadows around her as well as the minds of others. I know you have a weakness for women Specter, but don’t let her ensnare you.
Specter nods
Call disconnects and Specter leaves his hiding spot to enter the fray
Wraith: Where did you come from?
Completely fails to notice the box in the corner of the room where Specter was hiding moments prior

6 Likes

With the whole ‘false’ thing when MC upgrades their weapon, I had a similar occurrence:
Rather than ‘false’, I had ‘true’, with a staff.
I just assumed true was a nickname of some sort to signify the weapon’s sentimental value ^^’

Anyhoo, I’m unsure whether or not you need anymore information regarding previous choices, so I’ll be happy to oblige if you do.

On a side note, Spectre/Specter (I can’t remember how it was spelt) was pretty awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of him, along with Nebro :smiley:

1 Like