Freydale

and as for your question I like the dea of a choice but as has been previously stated whats most important is what you as the writer feel is best for the game

Sorry if I seemed…mean maybe. i dont remember my word. umm I like what is writen, kinda want to see where it goes.

The {} error comes up on browsers like Chrome that won’t tell you exactly what error exists. On other browsers, the error message actually gives you some useful information. It’s probably a bad label from where the game has yet to be continued.

@CS_Closet interesting ive never had that happen before.

1. Iam a dude playing a dude that bangs girls.

2. I have to say that i can’t stand yaoi of any kind, tho i just puttin that on the record, but i think its the freedom of choices that should be used, so plz at least put just as many female romance options as male ones otherwise its just really unfair.

I like it. The story is interesting so far, I’d like to see how you can interact with your brother and this “Silva”

@kkuomi First I’d like to say that I very much like what you’ve written so far. It’s short, but it has potential. Second, ChoiceScript may seem complicated at first, but if you keep plugging away at it, it will be no time at all before you’re using it like a pro. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask, there are a number of knowledgeable people around here who don’t mind answering questions.

BTW, to deal with conditional events that are dependent on variable settings, like say gender or romance preferences :wink: , you’ll need to get comfortable with the *if statement which I see that you haven’t used yet. Once you’re comfortable with *if, you can then look at its cousin, *selectable_if, which can be useful too in more limited situations.

@Antitorpiliko sorry sweetie :slight_smile: I’m from the UK, so the time you wrote that was 3:03AM, and when I say immediately, I usually mean “when I wake up” haha c’:
I wish I didn’t sleep, but I really don’t know how to help myself :’(

@Syndicate yeah, I wanted to have an option where you get to choose whether to visit your mother, retire to your chambers (where you will find Silva) or just wander around, where you’ll see your brother :smiley:
A new character will be introduced too, hopefully!
I still need to add the relationship +numbers commands :s

@P_Tigras I tried to do the *if thing when I did the “choose your female/male names”, but it’s a whole level of confusing I have never seen before.;~;
I read the manual/instruction pages, but I don’t understand the coding… :’«

@kkuomi
If you still want to have a male/female name selection, the least complicated way is probably to just make two separate *choice menus (one for each gender). Something like this should work:

*if gender = "male"
    *choice
        #male_name_1
            *set name "male_name_1"
            *goto next_part
        #male_name_2
            *set name "male_name_2"
            *goto next_part
        #male_name_3
            *set name "male_name_3"
            *goto next_part
        #Something else.
          *input_text name
          *goto next_part
*if gender = "female"
    *choice
        #female_name_1
            *set name "female_name_1"
            *goto next_part
        #female_name_2
            *set name "female_name_2"
            *goto next_part
        #female_name_3
            *set name "female_name_3"
            *goto next_part
        #Something else.
          *input_text name
          *goto next_part
*label next_part

Using *if statements can get complicated, but the basics aren’t too hard to learn.

In a side note, I actually really like your options for names (as far as last names go), which is rare since I hardly ever like the predetermined name choices that authors usually offer. I’m interested to see which first names you would pick. =)

@kkuomi, here is an example of using *if to “choose female/male names”:

*label SelectFirstName
And what is your first name?
*if (gender = "female")
    *choice
        #Anna
            *set first_name "Anna"
            *goto SelectLastName
        #Jennifer
            *set first_name "Jennifer"
            *goto SelectLastName
        #Mary
            *set first_name "Mary"
            *goto SelectLastName
        #Something else.
            What is your first name?
            *input_text first_name
            *goto SelectLastName
*else
    *choice
        #Christopher
            *set first_name "Christopher"
            *goto SelectLastName
        #James
            *set first_name "James"
            *goto SelectLastName
        #Michael
            *set first_name "Michael"
            *goto SelectLastName
        #Something else.
            What is your first name?
            *input_text first_name
            *goto SelectLastName

You already have *choice down, it’s just a matter of nesting the *choice inside the *if/*else using the proper format.

Looks like @CS_Closet beat me to the punch. So now we have two examples up. Mine uses *if/*else while @CL_Closet uses a pair of *if’s instead. Either way will work. :smiley:

O_o Didn’t mean to ninja that one away from you, @P_Tigras. I just happened to be working on that part of my ChoiceScript tutorial and decided to paste it here, too.

But, yeah, either one will work. Actually, it’s probably better to get into the habit of using *if/*else since long series of *if statements can get a little tricky sometimes.

@CS_Closet and @P_Tigras thanks! :slight_smile: The way you’ve explained it sure makes that whole president, if, not if thing less confusing :confused: I try it out and try not to break it c;

@817819 I had no idea what a Destrier was, but I binged it, and it sounds pretty awesome! Cx
I didn’t intend to have any type of jousting or battling, because I didn’t think that the characters, with their status - not working class, but a sort of medium middle class - would do that kind of thing… :stuck_out_tongue:

@TheKing … :'c

@kkuomi
First off like the demo so far, it’s probably best to put it out as early as you have as it allows for feedback on the game’s story and mechanics(if you implement a good stat system to back up the story you’ve started you’re 75% of the way to Golden in my mind)
I’m a Scottish guy(GB Whoop! Whoop!) and in regards to the romance option I’d prefer a female option to be included as well but if you write romances as well as they’re done in @Vendetta’s game i don’t have a problem(I played through the game several times just to see the different various romance scenes) :smiley:
On the point of fighting you could do dueling or “Queensberry Rules” to settle desputes between two gentleman and depening on the kind of “battle” you’re going for you could have the PC set up tactics before hand that effec the outcome of the battle but still dump them in the middle of the action (“Choice of Broadsides” or “Apex Patrol” styles are good ones to build on but i’m a stickler for detailed and complicated tactics B-) )

I never answered you question, derp, a Man on Man is fine. its a game so it doesn’t matter to me as the reader.

ok man on man, seems like everyones ok with it but me,dont i feel like the oddball :confused:

@Cloudian I guesss i understand you. but its not like this is making me in real life be a man going for another man. so it shouldnt be a problem. you know?

im of the same mind as antitorpiliko on this

@Ajax oooh that sounds good! Cx and you mean Rise of a Gangsta? I thought the storyline was great, but it only allowed you to play as a man, so I didn’t follow any of the romance paths :frowning:
I might get my macho on, go back there and gain some writing tips :stuck_out_tongue:
And yay Scotland! :smiley: My auntie tells me that it’s brilliant there, so maybe I will visit one day!
I am not particularly good at writing fighting scenes, or any type of action, for that matter, but I’ll take your ideas into account, and I’ll give it a go c:

@Cloudian No worries, I’ll be adding a gender preference option too, so if people feel awkward about that, they can choose :slight_smile:

@Cloudian it all goes upon how yo look at it. To me it is a story so it has no real impact upon me except for what the story would impart to me. In the real world it is slightly different, as long as the other person lifestyle doesn’t effect me personally I could not care of anyone else’s personal preferences. I consider myself fairly conservative hetero male that only chases after the ladies :D. But I think we are straying from the topic at hand.