Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

Well then, since I said it sounded interesting, I’ll give it a go!

**Name:**Mark Cheng
**Moniker:**Taipan
**Sex:**Male
**Eyecolor:**Red
**Hair color/style:**Very dark brown, short-medium, unkept
**Height:**5’ 8" (hope I did this correctly, and not the other way round)
**Build:**Average (or whatever you consider someone who works out just enough to stay healthy)
**Orientation:**Straight, I guess?
**Power Class:**Body
**Power/Core ability:**Able to naturally produce venom
**-subpower1:**Venom potency ranges from honey bee to Inland Taipan (yes, I did my research)
**-subpower2:**Venom has various effects, from blood clotting to muscle necrosis.
**-subpower3:**Resistance to all known types of poisons.
**Power-level:**Mid
**Weakness:**Can’t donate blood, blood is inherently poisonous. Ingestion of anti-venom makes him sick. Immediately distrusts people who seem to hate freaks. A lot of effort to make him feel otherwise.
Quote:“Do not be afraid”
**Appearance:**Light skin with slight yellowish hue.(idk, typical Asian look?) Prefers practical clothing, mostly hoodies. Liking to dull or dark colours, each piece of clothing are of single shade.
**Personality:**Indifferent to strangers. Slighty warmer to customers. Likes joking around with people he considers friends.
**Freak or Swig:**Freak
**History:**Born to a Chinese family, which emigrated (from Singapore, if it really matters) to country of setting before he was born. Grew up with a loving family, despite not having many friends as a child. Powers manifested before teen years, friendship problem got worse(Ya know, children, what to do…). Dropped out of high school before final exams. Parents got angry, gave him physical punishment, surprising him. Parents later tried to apologise, but, emotionally scarred, he decided to run away. Settled down somewhere, got a job. Friends with employees of surrounding shops.
**Goals:**To make others, especially freaks, feel welcome.

Decided on this because I found a surprising lack of completely Asian characters in the western world, they’re usually only part-Asian. Even if you do not use this character, I would appreciate it if you could include one of such origins, however small the role. :smile:

Yes, I’m Asian. Yes, I’m from Singapore. No, Singapore’s not in China. Plus, I do have an English and a Mandarin name.

3 Likes