Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

First is a magical angel, turned into a killer cyborg with tiger DNA, infected with a zombie virus and then sent a million years into the past. :thinking: Also, rhubarb was involved somehow. And dragons.

14 Likes

Summarize the topic?

First was designed to be the first cross between two or more types of freak power sets. If successful to adulthood they would get rid of subject first. And breed a army of plyable super soldiers to combat and control the rising numbers of freaks and swigs.

7 Likes

@The_Lady_Luck at the first post there’s a button that does it for you. Clicking on it will shorten the amount of posts you have to read only shows the more interesting or popular ones.

3 Likes

I had no idea! – that’s really handy

1 Like

First is somehow a reincarnate of the first Swiggity Swaggity Freak the world has ever seen, and First’s family was brainwashed by the eeeeeevillllllll directors into not remembering First’s existence.

and then there’s gonna be a big plot twist on how one of the freaks is actually related to first and stuff like that in order to captivate the audience

7 Likes

And that my friends is how you leave a audience saying WTH just happened.

2 Likes

My favorite WIP on dashingdon at the moment; lengthy, intriguing and with plenty of personality between the characters. Not to mention an interesting setting.

I love the amount of attention the growing up of First has been given, it does a tremendous amount to immerse me into the setting and build up the character I’m playing as as I tend to develop as I go (and thus start off pretty frozen as a result). I hope we’ll get a lot of time, details and character interaction out of the new city we find ourselves in, particularly hoping for more with Empathy (who’s one of the few the char can actively interact with) and Silic cuz he/she/it/Slaanesh is just that charming (especially next to a serious First with little hints to social cues). Next to that my current goal is trying to find Lydia, as I play my First as a loyal person who sees her as a mother-figure (even if she herself denies the notion), and ideally the one military guy whose name slips me at the moment. Helps you with training. I’m designating him as ‘daddy 1’. Will also see what Empathy and co. might try and pull me into, if not Silic depending on how the current meeting goes.

Not a lot of constructive criticism to offer unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), I think overall this is very well written and I hope to see more of it. I’m hyped even. Main hope is that there is a lot more to come to make it as lengthy and of the same quality as Unnatural was so I can continue to immerse myself and that it doesn’t end too quickly. Hope the flattery and that mentioning the directions I personally wanna go in with my First helps. GL;HF, will keep an eye out.

9 Likes

Hiya guys
Been a bit preoccupied with work And stuff (overtime hours etc…) so progress hasn’t been what is like it to be.

After this holiday weekend I’m gonna throw on some music and try to pound out some solid work here.

Wish me luck.
And thanks to all you fans and lurkers the support is nothing short of awesome.
Much luv

43 Likes

Luck
I hope you have a good mallet for the pounding…:innocent:
Have a good weekend.

3 Likes

This game is very interesting. I like playing as the troublemaker.

1 Like

I always play as earnest cause everyone thinks I’m adorable ^.^

5 Likes

Same. There’s something about playing the wide-eyed idealist thrust into a completely unknown world that is narratively appealing.

3 Likes

I’ll try it the next time I play!

It is among the best - seeing as you are seeing things for the, ahem, First Time. :crazy_face:

Though, for some reason, a gentle, sarcastic smart-arse speaks to me too… :smirk:

Utterly adore this game. :hugs:

5 Likes

I worked really hard on making the different personality traits change up enough to make the game feel really different. Different points of view and all that.

It creates repeatability and it’s really fun.

19 Likes

It shows, believe you me, it shows. I delight in exploring this world of yours, happy to have received an invite to do so by the virtue of you posting it here. :relaxed:

Just stating my personal opinion. One of my absolute favourite WIPs, hands down. :vulcan_salute:

14 Likes

Looking forward to finding out more about the other Darwin’s in the story!

2 Likes

Well personally I just like the little rascal troublemaker personality far too much.

9 Likes

Not alot of people play the brooder or brat it seems lol

5 Likes