Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

@Snoe first ten and then after vyde if you go with him to buy clothes and dont listen to him…(he beat us, or hit us without consequence) i dont like that we cant make them pay for even daring to hit us :unamused:

(so far it seems to me like we dont even have choices,(apart from being forced to be stuck with them ) we cant hate them, we cant beat them but they can beat us …and our mc act like nothing happened, for me thats pretty annoying)

well we didn’t listen to vyde trying to get us to comply with modesty and vyde is one of the few people we have met that can easily contend with us in a toe to toe and win.

1 Like

but so far the mc seems static , we dont get to retaliate or even give our own opinión, for me thats annoying
(if someone hit me i can tell you no matter what id give him hell, so far we do nothing to people that hit us, ten and vyde as example, i can understand us being stuck with them since is in the plot, but seeing my mc get hit and act like nothing is not something i like in a game)

I don’t see any update, where?

The last dialogue of Sillic - that was the last update.

2 Likes

What about Geo? Is he still available…? :cry:

3 Likes

We’ve discussed this before. Among the every reason ‘Not to’ is implied there is also the big one being: Such an outburst does nothing good for the story I’m trying to tell and in fact damages what I’m trying to do.

I apologize but there are some things I won’t change.

As per the romances Hightide and Geo I’m still not solidly decided but we shall see.

10 Likes

Heey! :smile: I was lurking and all, then I saw a cake
beside your username.

Happy Forum Birthday @Snoe!

2 Likes

Oh man… such purdy handwriting!!

1 Like

i dont see how atleast defending ourselves will damage the story… im not talking about killing them , but atleast some rant or choices there, what makes me to want stop reading is the fact of seeing a static character and really no choices to determine how our mc feels.
For example, what you did in the first chapter, our mc can hurt the doctor that hit Lydia.
seeing how my mc get hit by both ten and vyde and act like nothing is annoying for me, im not telling you what to write , that is up to you, but if that is going to be the direction of your game id rather know now that keep reading something that will leave me with a bad taste.
Im merely asking you if that will be the case :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve answered that question in detail before if you don’t recall.

Instead of me telling you how the character feels I would rather provoke emotions in the reader in which will effect how you interact with characters in the future. I rarely impose emotions onto your character that have not been chosen, I present the actions and reactions.

Again I apologize if some questions go unanswered, I dislike answering the same questions repeatedly as you’ve brought this up several times.

ON another note entirely.

During my writing I’ve noticed a funny bit of code that may have cut the last update short! Ooops my bad. It was only accessible through the empathy path.
When I’m through with tonight’s work I’ll update the fix. it’ll be around 4-6 hours from this reply and we’ll have new material to play with.

Almost figured out the save system, just have to put it together and test it… I think.
Pray for me Luvs lol

11 Likes

maybe is my english and you did not really understand what was my real question, let me clarify.

what i did mean for this is that seeing my character be so static after being hit is what feel off for me,
i can understand that you dont want our mc going that route, but seeing how we dont get a say about that is kind of imposing what our mc feels, actions and reactions (atleast to me)
lets be real here, if someone punch you in the face , will you act like it was nothing? i dont think so.

what i asked you ages ago when this game started was a fight, what i did ask you after seeing that vyde thing is atleast a reaction for my mc, not going complete doll in that scene and act like nothing happened.

hope is more clear what i did mean, i wont ask again :wink:

Logically
First can Tank artillery; Ten hit him with a baseball bat and a sound maker… Its like a fly buzzing around your head. Are you going to swear vengence on a fly?

Also during that time, Ten was doing his job, he asked you not to go in, you disregarded the warning he reacted. the attack was your fault. If a police officer says ‘stop’ and you don’t are they just going to allow you to do what you want?

Had First pressed the matter, you have SEVERAL problems throwing the story into chaos should the characters react without breaking character. And also stop that meeting from happening at all resulting in a totally different story and I’m already struggling to progress with the storyline as is with ‘health’ mood and personal issues in the background.
Among the several problems;
Empathy-can mentally subdue First and would not abide her home and that of innocent peoples to be damaged over a temper tantrum. (scene end and relationship with Empathy over)
Vyde- is capable of stomping First for the same reasons Empathy would stop them (scene end and gets kicked out of Sancta-Vy new story line but no time to write it)
Vaihl & Ten- wouldn’t work with someone so childish as to throw a tantrum when Ten couldn’t possibly ‘harm’ First (thus ends Vaihls story arc and closing it to you)

In the Store you’re given every opportunity to do the ‘right’ thing and Vyde clearly warns you and yet when he does something to ‘enforce’ his warning you’re surprised? Should you be upset with someone else for your own actions and what they caused? As for the reaction, be patient not every action is one that can be acted on ‘immediately’ especially when a character ‘leaves’ the room.

please be patient.
I don’t mean to be rude if I sound as such, I’m a bit grouchy this week.

17 Likes

KHAAAAAAANNNNN!
I shall swear vengeance upon you and 12 generations of your kin, so not to long…

1 Like

Yeee! I just played the new update and I love it, it was tons of fun, and I swear Silics way of talking always makes me smile. I’m still so excited to see where this all goes! Keep up the good work @Snoe! I’ll keep rooting for yah!

2 Likes

i think that work for both our mc and them too.

hmm i can relate to that even tough it still feels empty in a way, if there is going to be some kind of reaction later in the game about what our mc have been kind of “forced” i will be happy.

will try to be patient , kind of :smirk:
kidding aside, i did never take anything you have said as rude, so dont worry
(hope you dont too for my part.) :wink:

1 Like

I’m not finished with the ‘addition’ to the Silic porting but I fixed the missing part and added to something before that. The choices aren’t finished but to my word I’ve updated what I have and now I must sleep.

night all.

mini UPDATE

13 Likes

Current Appearance: Crispy

giggles

So many small and wonderful additions @Snoe keep up the outstanding work!

5 Likes

thought it was appropriate at the time lol

Like I mentioned its fun playing with Silic’s reactions… maybe too fun but we’ll see

8 Likes

Pssst another push forward.

poke poke nudge
Update

25 Likes