Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

For some reason, I can’t help but picture First ‘saying’ flirty things with their sign languages to one of the love interests, to the point of making some potential love interests flustered and when the group asks what First is saying, they try to play it off what they are saying as something more generic or innocent. But then one of the other characters who DO actually understand what they’re saying makes the remark “is that what we’re calling it now :smirk:”, making the love interest more flustered and the others more suspicious and vowing to learn sign language to figure out what First was saying. All the while, the love interest groans and First smirks and offers to help teach them.

…then again, Vyde, Vahli, and Siliac would probably announce every word that First signed, just to make everyone else’s face red. :laughing:

4 Likes

Vyde’s just attentive Silic would make things up or guess until it got it right. Vaihl would lock herself Un her office for the night and come out fluent in sign language. Ten already knows it but likes to exaggerate, Empathy just reads your feelings and summarizes it. Jishaku knows basic sign language via his spec ops training. Moleculo would just nod and say “Agreed my mighty friend.” Nyoka would try hard but avoid saying anything rude. Geo would just summon sand and hand you a stick. Hightide would shrug “whatever let’s go cause trouble.” Morrigan would steal you a tablet.

Although I was thinking during like training intermission First could take some time to teach those around them to sign instead of increasing their stats. It’d be fun.

11 Likes

And then we cuddle :heart:

13 Likes

She makes you wait a bit first … gets you to anticipate the cuddling,

10 Likes

So he’ll catch on to what First is trying to get at after a while?

“When it doubt, just bull-crap it”

Talk about being devoted to a idea. Guessing that she’s is working on that not long after First left the building?

Guess that’s why Vaihl wasn’t sure who was screwing around when Sarcastic First tells their story; she knows Ten too well. :laughing:

First reads her feelings to a extent too; what a fun relationship (for teasing). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do we get an option to just sign complicated words to give him a harder time? :innocent:

First: I like to dance naked in the Moonlight

Moleculo: Agreed, my mighty friend! :grinning:

First: Silently laughs :laughing:

First: (to someone they don’t like) I WILL DEVOUR YOU! :angry:

Disliked Person: What did they say? :confused:

Nyoka: They said they’re too busy right now. :sweat_smile:

Writes ‘fetch’ to Geo and then throws stick :grin:

Just wants to get to the fun stuff; will she ever understand what First signs to her?

I can’t tell if that’s more considerate or funny. :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

I imagine you’d get a longer wait with Ten or Geo…

Now we just need to convince him to join us… :smirk:

2 Likes

@ParrotWatcher

Well, true heroes don’t LIE about things they agree about. Surely Moleculo wouldn’t lie to First about something he agreed with and would GLADLY join them in their Full-Moon Dance. :grin:

3 Likes

:confused: what doeth stick have to do wis sand?

:yum: Yay!

Electronics!

(Insert “Why Not Both?” Gif here)

Pick up stick. Make pretty patterns in sand, while signing to Geo with other hand. :grin:

6 Likes

He would give the sticky for you to write on the sand.

2 Likes

I’m going to go look up random science facts so i feel less dumb now.

2 Likes

Who does geo think we are, A telepath? Geo is obviously teaching us how to catch the elusive sandfish. That’s a thing right? Like the sandwitch?

6 Likes

I see
Thanks for answering

1 Like

…Anyone want to take bets on how long Geo will tolerate First’s sarcasm before he buries them in sand from the neck down? :joy:

4 Likes

By 3rd non-combat encounter

@Drakeye

I was thinking 5 minutes, personally. :smiley: He doesn’t seem like the patient sort.

I’m surprised that he managed to restrain himself in the five lines of “dialogue” they’ve already “shared”.

But I’m confident that a healthy dose of unrequited surprise-hug therapy will bring him out of his shell. (And then, he can join First and Moleculo in their nude moonlight dancing. EDIT: Ten shall be next. :grin:)

2 Likes

You’re even more of an optimist than I am. :sweat_smile:

Gotta hand it to you; you set some high goals for yourself. :laughing:

5 Likes

I think you wouldn’t even need a “complicated” word, but just something he didn’t need to learn in his spec op training…

I mean I bet he knows basic things like directions, numbers, the sign alphabet, the general grammar and how to introduce himself and stuff you need for that specific background, but I doubt it’s enough to have a completely mundane conversation…Or just think about signs that look similar to each other/or look the same but can have a different meaning, oh boy I bet that could confuse him in no time.
And I guess so would signs for things like “flowers” or “plaid” for example.

…That’s actually even more funny…

2 Likes