Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

when fighting bad guys people like first just lightly tap people on the head like normal people punch through drywall.
did a rp once where i had supernatural strength more powerful than Superboy but weaker than superman. flicking someone in the forehead was dangerous sometimes they had neck damage and mid-grade concussions. I started just lightly poking people in the head (i could move my hands over 180 miles a hour so speed wasn’t a problem.)

1 Like

Should “shear” be used?

1 Like

Yeah. “Shear” is “cut up”; “sheer” is “very steep”.

1 Like

So where is the new update link since it still ends when the MC picks the clothes style?

The update is contained within one of the character paths. furthering the Vyde path

1 Like

Made some progress, but I won’t post the new stuff until I’m well into the next section Silic Returns

And I’ve opened up the forum and chipped away at it little by little.

16 Likes

So is it going to work to where the more stuff your First has that a certain character likes the more likely they’ll be interested? And will having certain traits that someone doesn’t like lock them out for an RO? Anyway love the game so far and best of luck on finishing it :blush:.

2 Likes

The more things they like about you the easier it is to romance them but you can win them over with your actions throughout the story even if they don’t like your look.

And thank you

4 Likes

Oh okay that’s makes a lot more sense then what I was try to understand. That’s means v. Barbas is available.

1 Like

I am a little bit confused because there’s a lot misspellings like aught, sposed and some. And put a comma. Just saying.

And I found an error when you choose Elegant as fashion choice

Couldn’t load scene
“SilicReturn”
File couldn’t found or something

Care to be more specific?
I know there are errors though out of contexts it’s hard to know what and how to fix it.

That scene is unfinished that’s where the WIP ends.

2 Likes

Like aught is it supposed to spelled instead of ought? (I’m not really skilled in Eng)
It’s hard to explain, they kind of scattered everywhere…

And as for the error
Is it really like that because instead of jumpin to the ‘Play again’ menu
That shows up

I’m trying to be specific as I can. But sums it up

EDIT:
So i did a quick rerun:
This the WIP end

And this is the error(?)

Nothing major…actually

1 Like

Well I’m Prolly using the wrong aught/ought.

Not sure about the others because I’d have to know whether is was used in dialogue or not because I tend to write how the character speaks. Silic being the greatest offender of this ( to the point where I’ve cut back on the sheer volume of his awkward manner of pronunciation)

And as for that error I’ll have to look into the code a bit later.

I think aught means “anything” (opposite of “naught”), while ought means “should”.

4 Likes

Question is: is he wary enough not to agitate a Darwin who doesn’t attempt to start something first and can potentially outclass his powers in a number of ways? If he’s really difficult and broody, I can see him not fully thinking about how First can potentially react if pushed too far. Is his partner more willing to give Darwins a chance or are they wary of them as well?

Guess that changes a few things, but it doesn’t give him the right to go too far or judge every Darwin in the same light as Keagan and Silic. (my opinion of course). Kinda comes off a little hypocritical in Magpie’s case too, seeing that he and other Swigs have unusual powers like someone who is a natural-born Darwin and also have the potential of being highly dangerous themselves (in fact I wouldn’t be surprised if First ends up meeting a Swig who is abusing the powers they obtained). That said, my First always will attempt a ‘verbal’ beat-down first (provided he has someone who can translate for him) before a physical one. :grin:

4 Likes

Well I’d imagine he’s confident in his abilities. The fight would’ve been more difficult if not for Silic. Whom is very difficult to combat on its own. Though recklessly picking a fight isn’t in Magpies nature though Silic did rile him up a bit.

As for Ms. Magpie lol that gives me an awesome idea. The whole Omni team goes to Jishaku’s for dinner First is invited. There’s Moleculo Nyoka and Nielo sitting at the table First and Magpie not making eye contact then the missus asks “So how did you meet?”

6 Likes

My First keeps thumping Magpie - she still doesn’t understand why he was at the plane and is still pissed about that. lol.

1 Like

My First would give her a demonstration. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

@Snoe

First: Well, he stole my first kiss- :slight_smile:

Magpie: What the- :flushed:

First: So I taught him how to fly- :grinning:

Magpie: You little- :fearful:

First: And then he tried to teach me how magnets worked. :grin:

Magpie: …:rage:

15 Likes

My first approves this message :+1: :innocent:
Edit: so many people are gonna learn sign because of my first just so they know what i say next

3 Likes