Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

yeah, I find the way I imagine First when I play him/her to be very naive and confused and maybe a little bit of an idealist, so if put on the spot to choose a side by the other characters I feel like I’d go with the option to just avoid the decision all together if there was one.

That said, I’m not opposed to the idea. If the side choosing is done well and it’s more of a “whatever action you take here puts you on someone’s side”, where the situation is organic and isn’t forced, more of a realization on Firt’s part, then I think it actually becomes a good opportunity for character growth for First.

Basically more of a “I realize whatever action i take here forces me to choose a side” and less “hey it’s me a non player character and I’m forcing this choice onto you because plot”. I find having a character force that on me just kinda sours my opinion of that character.

3 Likes

Too bad softie you will have to choose Muhahahahaha.

3 Likes

Striking that balance is what I’ve been fighting with. So putting First into a place where the consequences are both beneficial and harmful even inaction will have an effect on your standing with all of these people.

Funny thing Silic is the least likely to be offended consideringbtheir mercurial nature

12 Likes

I’m also having trouble with that choice. On one hand, Silic has been nothing but nice to First and seems to be trying to get First back to Lydia, but on the other, Sancta-Vy foot the bill for First’s makeover and has been equally as nice as Silic if not more. The point made about Lydia not having entirely good intentions for getting First back also has me pulling at my hair.

I only had one bug when I ran through it. I was playing a cautious First, and when I chose the option “A little but… you still want a haircut.” during Vyde’s route at Courtney’s salon, it skipped directly to choosing male, androgynous, or female clothing at the store, entirely bypassing the hair salon.

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up will fix asap.

And I’m glad my writing has done what I planned to do this far.

5 Likes

also Im intending on this choice having an unknown consequence involving Omni and Pride Inc. their Hero and villain reality tv shows take place on Alantus But how this comes up I’m keeping under my hat

5 Likes

@Snoe How much strength does First need to be able to push the rubble left over from the plane off by themselves? Is there a way to accomplish that while having the lithe body type? I’m only able to get the strength to 30 while having the lithe body and the rest being strength based options that I’ve chosen but that doesn’t seem to be enough.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, you need to have picked the muscular body. Even the athletic type doesn’t allow you to succeed.

7 Likes

Is the mask provided to First by KRV equivalent to an airsoft mask of superior materials, or something more heavy duty? Likewise, is their KRV mask going to be used temporarily, for when Silic tosses it to you so you can hide your identity, or is it going to be a permanent part of their identity from here on out? Its reappearance was unexpected, so it sparked my curiosity.

1 Like

Damn, so I have to be violated by crusty lips and hot breath, haha. Thanks for responding! :rofl:

Nice art, this Kreagan look like a shark.

Also, I realize that Vyde is a fellow countryman of mine haha nice.

About the choice, I like Silic, they helped us and seen to have answers about Dr. Cormel, but I also like Vyde and Empathy, they have been really nice, so I’m tempted to pick the option to do nothing. But again, this might upset both sides like:
“ugh, you don’t helped us rob the truck” and “ugh, you don’t stoped the creep guys robing the truck”.

2 Likes

Will there be opportunities for elaborating on our reasons for chosing what we did?

Or will most NPC’s just decide on our motivation by themselves?

5 Likes

I can’t accurately express the joy I felt seeing this update. So happy lol

3 Likes

On my end, two factor tilted the balance pretty decisively.

1- Making Empathy sad is actually a crime worthy of capital punishment
2 - the possibility of fighting Morrigan sounds like fun

So yeah, easy choice to make!

10 Likes

I like your way of thinking haha

2 Likes

Ofcourse you get to elaborate. But your actions influence 'trust which is a key relationship stat.

As for the mask it’s a tool and it’s very tough. Whether you wear it i think is up to First. Long term at least

4 Likes

And the mask will be something that can be added to a costume or rather battle attire. Seeing as the original was to protect the face from direct attack filter pathogens and chemicals house a headset and display waypoints and maps.

Was thinking the original to look like.

33 Likes

Thats pretty close to what i had in mind when i was thinking of the helmet

4 Likes

That’s an awesome helmet!

5 Likes

Really like the fact that the MC is mute.

9 Likes