Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

from what i seen and read so far very interesting game so far
i think about as clueless as the MC about whats going on around him right now.
also way too bring the action with the plane thing that was something.

1 Like

Thankya bob!

I wanted to pick a spot that was risky even for ‘powerful’ individuals. So many things can go wrong and it takes ‘skill’ to sneak on and takeover impressing upon the reader how bad-ass Silic is.

Wake up somewhere safe and its no different than waking up in the morning really.

thanks again, I love hearing opinions it really fuels my urge to do this whole thing justice.

general notes

I think I broke a record or something!! 4 days up and 33 likes!! thats insane from what I’ve seen.

On my revision pass I’m also elaborating on the stats and pointing them out when they’re put to use and upgraded. ( in this case in build choices) You’ll notice which build increases your baseline abilities

6 Likes

I wasn’t doing correction…@snoe was… I was working on something with choice script… and I fell asleep on top of my desk… again…

I’m actually from BC, Vancouver to be exact. I’m just in the city for the Christmas market with my GF :blush: and to watch the Holiday Magic at Bloor-Yorkville… I won’t stay for long tho :disappointed: I need to get back and continue my work after new year…

1 Like

Hey Snoe~
Got a “Startupline 463: increasing indent not allowed, expected 0 was 1” after choosing the body type.

1 Like

K give a minute musta nudged it while working

EDIT: Fixed it, “*comment revision marker” so I could find where I left off.

2 Likes

I’ve built a thread specifically for the Contest and where the vote and the collection of powered folks are displayed for easy access.

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/cameo-contest-freak-amidst-the-neon-lights/13817?u=snoe

1 Like

Psst, might want to reserve a few posts to lump them(entries) all together(if anyone else posts from here)
i do hope more ppl join though :smiley:

1 Like

I link’ed all the entries so far into the main body. the rest will fall naturally under the voting post:)

I’ve made more progress, in revisions. The core story is intact but I’ve added some flourish and removed awkward sounds ect…

I’ve made it to the Shuffle shuffle after you meet Silic for the first time. of the story.

Let me know what you all think of the modifications, and if anything seems out of place. I really want this story to be solid.

Here’s hoping its an improvement.

2 Likes

do I need to post my sheet there too?

um… hang on…

it went from this

to this

but then to this

what happened to us being on ice? and… we haven’t met Silic yet

Another accidental Nudge.

Some bits of text went AWOL while stream lining stuff. Should be fine now, let me know.

and no you don’t need to repost because ALL of the chara sheets made in ‘this’ post were transfered over. UNLESS you’ve made edits. and if you do make edits do so to your original chara sheet

everything’s working fine now. :+1: nice job

anyways… I’ll delete my post on the other topic, no need for that anymore…

Cool note I’ve decided on what to do with the Secrets section of the stats!

F&S news!!! Aka baseless tabloid news. Rumors and scandals. Which hero is sleeping with whom plots schemes Jobs romances and everything you’d like to know but don’t need to know within the course of the actual story.

And yes they will have some stories involving the MC that may or may not be true.

2 Likes

:smiling_imp: I like where these points are going :smiling_imp:

‘Late last night Freak icon Vyde was seen with a mysterious new friend and old flame Silic… is this a budding love triangle?’

Lols

2 Likes

Female high level Swig Idea
Morrigan Vight. Magician with biker style Telekinetic.
Or
Lolipop. Air compression and concussion force. Air bubbles with the force of bombs… large bombs.

• Morrigan
  • Lolipop

0 voters

Gotta say though, Lollipop’s an interesting and surprisingly relevant name.

3 Likes

When I heard District I thought to myself “Hunger games but with superhero’s?”

1 Like

Yeah consider her an eccentric actress. Fun bubbly violent sense of humor. Dislikes Vyde and lives fame and attention. Think airhead personality with a Trump like brain.

Also one of the few people that likes Silic as a person they’re besties