Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

That would make the relationship kinda like the creepy doctor back in the lab imo.

1 Like

Ugh don’t remind me, as if Firsts lack of temperance in regards to dressing in public wasn’t enough but they didn’t teach him regular courtesy about dressing privately :fearful:

1 Like

Outside of context maybe.

Morrigan isn’t exactly a ‘moral’ person by the way(villain).
Good counterbalance with Empathy who relies much more on emotion but seeing as they know how you feel and is easily discouraged.

3 Likes

I see what you mean there, a way to counter or rather balance empathy’s Preference of Mind over body whereas Morrigan prefers body over mind, sweet idea

2 Likes

OH! I didn’t know Morrigan is a villain lol. But yeah, it’s a nice way to counterbalance Em and Morrigan. And what do you mean easily discouraged? Like if First doesn’t have feelings for Em and she gets discouraged?

1 Like

Yeah i was surprised Lydia didn’t properly teach First how to dress privately. :smirk:

1 Like

Well, as his mother figure, she did tell them not to walk around naked (if I’m remembering properly), but she probably didn’t think she needed to tell him about shopping etiquette.

A lack of foresight on her part it seems :joy:

If she knew about First dressing in front of crowd, she’d probably be livid.

I doubt First would tell her about the incident though.

5 Likes

First is such a pure creature, huh? I actually had a thought after they tried to get changed in the open;

What about the birds and the bees? There would be no reason for them to know about sex whilst in the lab, so…? :smiley:

6 Likes

That is true…

I mean, it’s not like they planned on letting First date. A lab isn’t the best place for a date anyway.

Oh, but they might have read out it in a biology book or something.

5 Likes

But what if someone other than Silic flirts with First?! I mean, they’re so pure! At least First!Kurina is…

When Vyde says they’re doing what they wish someone had done for them? “No-one bought you anything?” Aaaaaaaaaah! What if someone flirts with them?! Or makes innuendos toward them! The first (ha) reactions most people usually have are “Aww, (Name) is so cute!” or “Oh my gosh, they’re hot! Don’t stare! Don’t stare!” someone is gonna make a pass at them! …and then there are gonna be murderous feels bouncing around in Empathy’s brain… some of them probably her own.

3 Likes

I wrote a short scene with a very innocent First for other people’s enjoyment, but mostly out of boredom.

RO: Traps First by placing their hands on the wall behind them on either side of First

RO:Face a little gets closer to First’s

Naive First: Looks in RO’s eyes with their own eyes that shine with purity as they give a slightly confused smile.

RO: Feels guilt and backs off after looking into those eyes and offers to buy First some ice cream.

Naive First: :smile:

For me, a naive First is just another way to mess with characters.

Snoe probably won’t make them this innocent, but I thought it would be kinda funny.

I wish I could draw all the versions of First I plan on using. I would post them here if I could, but alas. I can only draw stick figures.

14 Likes

Just wondering, has anyone requested Vaihl to go shopping with them? I haven’t tried yet and wanted to see what happens.

1 Like

She can’t be asked yet. Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who wants to take the lioness out.

5 Likes

I can totally see First dropping some naughty/pervy euphemism to the NPCs without knowing the double-meaning. The reactions (and explanations!) are bound to be hilarious. :joy:

Some characters will facepalm. Others will grin and try to teach you MOAR OF IT. And some might be too coy/proper to correct First but are forced to do it when MC repeats “the offense”.

And from there it could branch for a Shy!MC who will be embarassed, a Flirty!MC who’s gonna play it hard or a CoolAsCucumber!MC who just doesn’t get what’s the deal with everybody and rolls their eyes at the drama.

6 Likes

My First just want to create some havoc and raise some hell.

3 Likes

I know I kinda started the whole “hate vyde cause they snapped at First” but I have an easy solution. Just give us a choice to dress in a dressing room first instead of just having Vyde Hulk Smash cause Funny bs… really throws me on Vydes character. He makes me think he schizophrenic. It’s just not a very good idea to poke First like that after barely knowing their capabilities yet comparing them to Kreagan…

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a bug or not, but this scene is a little strange:

The cannon fired off in the midst of the bullet hail and struck you clean in the chest leaving you to rag-doll back and colliding with the wall. “Retreat, get some ground and plan for the real fight.” Luger advised and it was a good idea regardless of how you felt about it at the time.

Pushed back into present you felt the icy tip of the over-sized needle. You hated it ever so much, the pain was worse than most things you suffered in the tests because the needle had to be ‘forced’ and it was the only thing that’d sink beneath your skin. It hurt worse every time because it was getting harder to do and the amount of blood it drew was always dizzying.

This happened when I chose “hit and run” but failed the speed check. There is no conclusion to the course test.

If Vyde blast a female character he says “If only Vailh were here.” I think it should be Vaihl.

Shouldn’t the Recent Damage reset when you finish the test course?

2 Likes

Mmmmm…There is already an option of “He’s not joking” tho (that hasn’t been finished yet).

1 Like

Considering I’ve made my First a Trouble-Maker yet also Optimist, I can see this happening with him (due to lack of relationship experience) :laughing:. Though I doubt that Empathy would actually make the first move and pin him to a wall like that, it’d be certainly a interesting moment to see. There’s something funny about the image of a smaller partner pinning their taller partner in any way (my First is big and tall).

The question will always remain though: when is my First being genuinely innocent and when is he just trolling the people around him? I feel like Empathy might be one of the few to catch on the quickest to when he’s being mischievous, but that it won’t stop her from having a heart-attack when he’s being genuinely innocent about something he has no actual understanding of.

3 Likes

I don’t think your First can be a Trouble-Maker and Earnest…Trouble-Maker, Earnest and Brat are the first personality traits to choose. Smart-ass, optimist and Brooder are the the second one, so maybe you meant Earnest and Smart-ass (a combination I like very much. It’s like a bowl of suger with a salty coating. Salt-frosting Cupcake…don’t try to bake that!) Or Trouble-maker and Optimist? :thinking:

3 Likes