Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

@Snoe Love your drawings :heart_eyes: Have you done one of Luger?

3 Likes

It’s in the rough draft group pic on the bottom row.

@Vanessa_Pang yes she is

@Scorpio00 Yeah Tens got thr badass thing going for him doesn’t he

3 Likes

(Copying and pasting my own comment from elsewhere; it’s also relevant here).

Something I would suggest: Putting something in the game to make the reader understand that there is a trans/nb choice. Because most games like this don’t offer those options, a (trans) reader is more likely than not going to choose their actual gender rather than their assigned gender when playing. With that in mind, I feel as if including something clarifying that the first “boy” or “girl” option is/can be assigned gender would be helpful😄 Otherwise, I end up part way through a game and have to restart if I want my character to be trans😅

4 Likes

I suppose a preemptive warning is better than a posthumous one.

Speaking of improvements an idea just struck me.
As Troublemaker earnest and brat oversee your natural reaction. Putting in a third reaction choice to Vyde should be done under the communication branch, smart ass, brooder, optimist.

What I was thinking is the third would be a trump card option.
Like the smart ass would Hug Vyde to throw him off
the optimist would play it cute but I’m not sure what the brooder would do yet…

So I’m open to suggestions.

11 Likes

@Snoe

Ssoooo…Vyde’s a little scarier than I thought. :sweat_smile:

On one hand, I do understand why Vyde did what he did. He had warned First that he would take action if they misbehaved and considering First’s power’s, idle threats are not something that should be made. And as someone older than First (who is quite new to everything from the outside world), he probably feels the most obligation to make sure that he keeps First from causing a ruckus and curb certain behavior before it gets out of control. The choice of actions do show that, as laid-back as he seems, Vyde does take his responsibilities seriously (even when he seems nonchalant about them).

But…on the other hand, as First, I would literally be a lot more leery toward him and not too keen of getting close again any time soon because of his actions (whether I choose to take the threat seriously or not). If First thinks it’s a bluff, they get a good shock; if First decides to listen to the warning, he makes a playful remark right after outright giving a threat. No amount of kindness and optimism would make me feel too comfortable around a person who sifts between friendly, threatening, and flirting toward me in a blink of an eye. And it does feel a bit much to go with a shock to have Trouble-Maker First listen; Empathy, Ten, and Nyoka didn’t even have to resort to such a strategy (they more or less just told them to change in a fitting room and they complied after they had a moment of fun teasing). Trouble-maker may like getting a reaction out of others out of playfulness, but they rarely seem to do their actions because they’re trying to be a brat and rather willingly listen to someone they take a liking to. Also, it seems like a natural reaction not to completely listen if someone is making a threat of any kind (very rarely will people listen when someone words things in a way that sound like them say ‘do this or else’, even if it is playful in tone).

Though it does make it interesting, especially if we can have First show a little less desire to be eager to play with Vyde in any way and actually keeps more of a distance toward him after that encounter (or just outright attempt sneak away from him).

Mind, this is my personal opinion on the scene.

5 Likes

@Snoe is it possible to romance Vaihl because I absolutely love her and the drawing as well.

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea. I would like to see how Vyde reacts. It sounds amusing.

Cross their arms and pout while glaring?

Brooder First reminds me of a teen in their angsty moments. Perhaps channel that?

Actually, a pouty face would probably also work with a more innocent First now that I think about it. Pouty face and teary eyes. It’d be funny if Vyde got flustered.

…I think I like messing with the characters too much.

3 Likes

Don’t worry; you’re among friends (pretty sure that’s why @Snoe put up Vyde’s reaction to Trouble-Maker First up first; the bunny overlord knows us too well) :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

Thank ya
And after various reaction I put the brakes on before I got too into it to make easy alterations.
So I did a little art found my zen spot where I can truly be objective.

And yeah I can see all the conflicting tones now. I get caught up in an idea for good and bad, while the discipline part has its logic I can see that I should confine or soften it too more playful tone. Cuz what I saw I my head was.

So yeah I’m making tweaks and not every personality type will call for that moment I wont clip it entirely just have to find the right delivery.

Was also thinking the brooder could pick up a cashier by the collar and set them down between First and Vyde all nonchalant like while First continues what they were doing. “Try it now.”

9 Likes

Chuckles at the image

That’s certainty an attitude I’d expect from them.

5 Likes

Yes but warning she is possessive but she’ll buy you pretty things lol

6 Likes

@Snoe that’s fine with my version of First.

1 Like

Possessive in what way, exactly? How possessive are the other ROs, now that you brought up the idea of possessiveness?

But can she buy the feeling of being loved?

Give us a character list sorted by possessivness…That way no question will be left open.

(However didn’t we already once have a list of possessive ROs? I’m pretty sure Silic was mentioned there…or was that just fan theorizing…?)

2 Likes

@Sammysam

I remember a “Who was the most protective RO” and “How would the ROs communicate/translate for First”. Not sure I remember a “Who is most possessive” though (then again, the question might’ve been brought up before I joined the forum…) :thinking:

2 Likes

I’d don’t remember a possessive RO list either.

There is a possessive list on SoS: the mortal coil. Not here though.

Brooder just crosses their arms and stares him down

@Snoe what exactly does First look like I would love to see a drawing of him.

Possesive RO’S and reasons from most to least possesive.
Vaihl (territorial protective)
Lollipop (personal gain… at first)
Silic (thrill seeking Chaos. And merry making)
Moleculo (honor and chivalry)
Vyde (lonely)
Empathy (various insecurity and abandonment issues)
Nyoka (keeps emotional distance)
Ten (trust issues)
Morrigan (mostly physical)
Hightide (easygoing polygamist)
Geo (solitary)

@sammyboy well with that react Vyde would act, that’d be a straight up chest puffing challenge :slight_smile:

@Revan_Alek_Shan well I have my own image but so does everyone so I don’t have a Canon appearance for first just my version and it’s in the group pic.

33 Likes